OK, So WTF Is Really Going On Here!??

Yes he offered to be a mentor because he loves this program. They were pretty much told to F off by players and coaches. Sorry you don’t see how bad it is right now. But I commend BM for actually doing something about it. That consultant idea was genius. That why it’s not happening.

Yes he said they should put a budget together to hire former players as consultants and work with them 2 times per week. But Rom has the feeling they aren’t welcome.
how they not welcome when Brett and Bryant both worked with this unit in the off-season..during the season it’s up to the players to seek out that extra coaching.. I don’t how y’all can’t separate singular issues..you know how many former players are in mentor roles with these young men? For a fact there’s a lot..Brett has a radio show..Bryant for whatever reason felt the need to respond to the fans (he even eluded to that), he’s a canes ambassador on twitter..Ed Reed who talks to a lot of these young guys came out on twitter and said what? Calais campbell who I know took a mentor ship with a few of the Dlineman, you don’t hear a peep from and plenty other. This not even about Bretts radio show or alums being critical of the state of the program...It’s because as a mentor/ coach there’s a wrong and right way to handle things..it’s like Big Ben going on his radio show calling out Teammates for years..now if you done with coaching staff and want to use this to pile on, that your angle...ultimately in this situation either the players seek out that extra help or not. If some don’t leave it at that. What’s a radio show trashing doing? Other than being talked about On CIS.

Advertisement
Go listen to the podcast. They clearly are calling out the coaching, even reiterated a point I made that these guys are going to the NFL as low draft picks and are becoming starters, yet don’t do chit here. Why? Better coaching. It’s not just the players, it’s our culture & coaching.

U think Hillery will feel comfortable laughing w Saban during a teaching session from a former great? Of course not.

This program is broken b/c we keep trying to fix major problems w duck tape & glue instead of nuts & bolts.
they pointed out a Linder who was all ACC and drafted in the 3rd round..that was they example they gave..you also have guys who ball out at bama and become bust in the NFL..our problem stems from recruiting, depth, and culture..and that doesn’t get fixed overnight..after 7 game..with a new staff..15 -20 years of it is not fixed overnight..for every Brett Radio show there’s a Ed Reed take..

I have no problem with Alums being critical of what’s going. My only thing is if you tryna ha e a mentor role with these guys, you don’t go and single them out on a radio show for the fans on Twitter..for a mentor to do it, it’s the same as a coach doing..that **** ain’t helping nobody, except for CIS to have a interesting thread for entertainment lol..but aye that’s just me

I get that but these are extremely successful people who are voluntarily donating time to help. You heard McKinnie talking about all the businesses he owns but still offered to come down twice a week to help. If the kids are being disrespectful they have every right to put them on blast. The problem with someone on the coaching staff doing it is that IT IS HIS JOB. Dont call your players cancers in public. You are getting paid to fix it. Romberg and McKinnie are justifiably ****ed at kids who were blowing them off. My guess is #75 was being especially disrespectful- these dudes seem like they have a good sense of humor so they wouldn't be angry at kids just having fun.

Advertisement
I've been saying bring back Kehoe for a while. The guy put dudes in the league and we were never this bad under him as coach.

I think Kehoe might be a bit irritated at being hired and fired multiple times. The problem is more than technique. The OL is composed of non aggressive kids who may have dominated in high school but don't have a mean streak. You aren't going to turn those kids into killers. It will take a whole new crop of recruits who enjoy taking free shots on the defense and and love the violence of the game. The first time I see a single player from the OL get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct for crushing a defensive player I will pop open a bottle of champagne (ok, sparkling wine- I'm too cheap to buy the real stuff)

That we have a bunch of clowns coaching this team that won't whip the slack out of the underperformers..
Clownshow.jpg

Great leaders surround themselves with people that are intelligent, talented and have meaningful knowledge to impart.

Poor leaders are insular and only listen to their own voice. Butch Barry may be acting that way in part due to wanting to avoid NCAA violations but if he has any clue as to how to be an effective teacher & leader, he would heavily seek input from former greats (as long as it is done within the bounds of NCAA rules).

The OL play (particularly at the Tackle spots) has genuinely been the worst I've seen in over 30 years. Poor OL play & terrible ST play has crippled this team.

Where the coaches lost me was continuing to trot Zion out at LT in the UF when Zuniga was roaring around him on every play in the second half and Zion wasn't even getting out of his stance by the time Zuniga went by. He had zero chance of getting his hands on him & slowing him down. Did the coaches adjust when they saw that over & over. Chip with a TE or RB? No. Spelling Zion for a couple of series so he could get his bearings back & come back stronger. No. He was left on an island the entire game and his performance suffered the longer the game wore on. No adjustments were made to slow down the rush at all. Really amazingly poor when you consider the coaches are getting paid about $6 million in aggregate per year.

Manny argued that Zion needs to play so he can continue to develop. Well, he could have done that in practice...and his confidence wouldn't get destroyed. I'm rooting for Zion to succeed. He really should have been given 1-2 years to fully prep for the gig.

What we need on OL:

1) is a coach that teaches excellent technique & can motivate his players; and
2) feisty guys that play with an attitude, get their hands on the opponents & show some fight.

No I totally get it...that’s the thing..Bryant McKinney even said “people on Twitter asking him why are t guys developing”..HE SAID IT HIMSELF..he can only do what he’s allowed to do..so you workout with these cats a couple months..watch film..then expect the worse unit to snap and get it..be real bro. We knew what we had in this oline..and you tryna be in a mentor role and u single out players on a radio show??..if the kids responsive to you they’ll reach , or you pull him to the side or shoot a text/phone call and do it that way. If they aren’t you say **** it he ain’t tryna heard what I’m tryna say and keep it moving.

Agree. And now you’ve damaged or completely lost any trust or respect you had from the kids and the staff by saying all this publicly on a broadcast. It’s not cool. And Romberg is supposed to be the Honorary Captain on Nov 9. Will be curious to see if that still happens. You do not air dirty laundry on kids. Especially if you want them to trust you.

Advertisement
So again, what is this standard Manny keeps talking about? How do these kids feel so comfortable being so mediocre to weak? When Jarren got that MVP trophy after a lost, then we heard about them dancing after CMU......yeah, a whole lotta foolery under this regime’s watch. That’s y it’s OK to be 3-4 this yr.

All roads lead to Manny, these kids act just like Him. You think a Saban or a Dabo kid would start a twitter beef with their first opponent in the Spring...and the kid that started the beef (Bolden) wasn't even eligible. And then they had to nerve to try and troll somebody with a frat party at a coaching clinic. And don't get me started on a staff member forcing the players to where the corny TD rings and we're down 28-7...what's next, show up to the game earrings??? Clown show in CG.

Last edited:
I have no problem with Alums being critical of what’s going. My only thing is if you tryna ha e a mentor role with these guys, you don’t go and single them out on a radio show for the fans on Twitter..for a mentor to do it, it’s the same as a coach doing..that **** ain’t helping nobody, except for CIS to have a interesting thread for entertainment lol..but aye that’s just me

The problem is that our offensive line is trash. They are the worst offensive linemen the University of Miami has ever had in its long, proud history.

So again, what is this standard Manny keeps talking about? How do these kids feel so comfortable being so mediocre to weak? When Jarren got that MVP trophy after a lost, then we heard about them dancing after CMU......yeah, a whole lotta foolery under this regime’s watch. That’s y it’s OK to be 3-4 this yr.

Manny is so FOS its ridiculous.

Players emulate their coaches.....Manny continually shows he is poorly prepared and in over his head......that lowers the bar for everyone on the team. Why make an effort if all you have to do is show up?

Manny should have been out there trying to learn how to be an HC .......instead of coming up with his gimmicks earlier this year.

He is far worse than Shannon or Golden having done less with far greater talent

He is plainly a born with a silver spoon in his mouth entitled nitwit who will always try to blame his failures on others.....Manny's work ethic has always come from whoever his HC was....for he has NONE on his own, as we all can plainly see...ALL HAT NO CATTLE

Last edited:
Advertisement
The OL is the single biggest weakness for this team. Butch Barry is 100% responsible for that. If Enos isn't addressing that, he is an even bigger weakness, because the playcalling is questionable at best. Thats now 2 knocks on Enos. If Manny isn't addressing that, then how is he a leader?

But **** man, you can only play 11 dudes at a time...this whole 70 players on scholly lame *** argument the coaches keep making dating back to Folden is straight chit. 11 on offense, 11 on defense, and for fücks sake, 11 dyck suckers on ST...33 MF players at a minimum. They are telling us that they can't find 33 quality players to attend and play for the University of MF Miami?!? Fück me sideways and twice on Sunday for good measure
Depth is still an issue. 33 players cannot play every snap in a game, we will get killed every game. Problem is, no one to back up the 33 and therefore, no worried about doing a ****** job and getting benched for a game or two. You fvck and the coaches have no one else to put in that is half way decent.

McKinnon was saying all the same things preseason. Was the first real red flag with this staff

Advertisement
How much does youth/inexperience, new O scheme, new OL coach, depth play into the obvious terrible OL play? With that being said, after 7 games, Enos and Barry should have been able to make adjustments to counter the obvious issues. We did see Brevin doing some chipping against GT as pointed out by Roman. Brevin chipping the DE is a damned if you do, damned if you don't' scenario because it can limit his ability to get open in passing routes.

Obviously, Romberg and Mount McKinnie are as frustrated as the rest of us about the play of the OL. I just don't think airing your dirty laundry in public is a good look. It could alienate them from both players and coaches. Best case would be that it galvanizes the OL and prods them into working harder to improve. But that's highly unlikely because I doubt seriously they're listening to a Romberg podcast.

dont really give a **** either way, but they've been doing the plaques for years now going back way back when. no one usually posts it bc its stupid. this team is stupid

Advertisement
Back