Ok. Not a thread for stadium deniers

B Run

Sophomore
Premium
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. It’s not gonna happen. We get it. You’re the smart ones who think it through while everyone is a sucker. Cool. But for those who will hold out some hope for it to actually happen are you down with an OB replica or do you want something totally different? Stadium deniers can play too. Just pretend they announced a site and budget for a new stadium. Mark me down as an OB replica. I will never, ever, ever let the memories of that place leave me and if we can replicate that at even 50% I’m good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. It’s not gonna happen. We get it. You’re the smart ones who think it through while everyone is a sucker. Cool. But for those who will hold out some hope for it to actually happen are you down with an OB replica or do you want something totally different? Stadium deniers can play too. Just pretend they announced a site and budget for a new stadium. Mark me down as an OB replica. I will never, ever, ever let the memories of that place leave me and it we can replicate that at even 50% I’m good.
Other than better bathrooms, better concessions, better parking, better seats, better access you are Ok with everything else the same?

Advertisement
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. It’s not gonna happen. We get it. You’re the smart ones who think it through while everyone is a sucker. Cool. But for those who will hold out some hope for it to actually happen are you down with an OB replica or do you want something totally different? Stadium deniers can play too. Just pretend they announced a site and budget for a new stadium. Mark me down as an OB replica. I will never, ever, ever let the memories of that place leave me and if we can replicate that at even 50% I’m good.
I was thinking about this recently…similar to what the cowboys did with jerry world…build a state of the art replica that pays homage to the original but all the bells and whistles of today.

Advertisement
I'm not one to deny that it'll happen, but am a little less enthusiastic than some because of the very issue you bring up - stadium design. Most new stadiums, even NFL, in the last couple of decades are disappointing in one important aspect. They drag the sidelines away from the field and the lower levels are too flat. If we could get something like Oregon's I would be thrilled. Fans close to the field and steep slope. But something like Baylor? No. UCF? No. I want a real home field advantage. So it doesn't have to be an OB replica, but something that is tight and intimidating. That, with partial cover similar to Hard Rock that reflects noise? Even better.

Of course whether we could actually draw more fans there than Hard Rock is another matter and a valid debate, considering where the center of population is in the metro and that UM students can never remotely fill a stadium.

I'm not one to deny that it'll happen, but am a little less enthusiastic than some because of the very issue you bring up - stadium design. Most new stadiums, even NFL, in the last couple of decades are disappointing in one important aspect. They drag the sidelines away from the field and the lower levels are too flat. If we could get something like Oregon's I would be thrilled. Fans close to the field and steep slope. But something like Baylor? No. UCF? No. I want a real home field advantage. So it doesn't have to be an OB replica, but something that is tight and intimidating. That, with partial cover similar to Hard Rock that reflects noise? Even better.

Of course whether we could actually draw more fans there than Hard Rock is another matter and a valid debate, considering where the center of population is in the metro and that UM students can never remotely fill a stadium.
The county line location of Hard Rock with direct Turnpike access is hard to beat.

Advertisement
An updated state of the art replica is fine. I want a museum inside the stadium dedicated to UM Football’s great history. Have a movie or theatre room that visitors can sit in and watch videos dedicated to the program. Memorable plays like the wide rights etc. considering the storied history of the program, the possibilities are ENDLESS

Cant put stuff like that in HRS.

No more than 60k capacity. That may be too much. For a private school like Miami and even with its football tradition, I don't think a 100k+ stadium is necessary.

Advertisement
Yea, no. I've been to games even in national championship years where there was 35k tops. A smaller stadium will look more full but a noon game against Duke or Southern Miss is gonna draw ****** in Miami no matter what.
I wonder how much of that had to do with the OB being such a dumpy ****hole. Most of us enjoyed that aspect but the people who inhabit this city would flock to a new stadium so they can post about it on SnapFace.

Advertisement
Back