Ok Adidas, Ok

Black shoes and socks and it's wouldn't be a bad uni.

Those socks are horrible though.

Terrible.

I'm just saying, guys on here acting like a basic, plain jersey, with nothing but numbers, are super hot fire. C'mon man. I can have that made down the street.

Trying to crown Adidas off of that "prototype", y'all are better than that.

They are ok. But I'm 99.1% sure we are not wearing those next year in that form ..... I'll just wait until the summer imo and not 3 days after the deal was announced to think that's the final product.

Agreed, we'll see then.

Advertisement
if all you boring *** people like them then recruits will probably think they look boring and old and lame lol

Recruits must hate Alabama's, Notre Dames's, Tennesse's, and USC's boring uniforms. The whole recruiting and uniforms talk is the biggest myth. None of that **** matters if you have the right coaching staff and you're winning.
+ 1 million. There's a reason recruits will still go to Bama when they are already stacked at a position. Meanwhile even with our "super fresh dope" Nike unis we struggle to keep more than 1 stud RB or bring in even 1 legit DT per cycle.

I don't want kids that want to come here because of "uniforms." We need more kids like Duke who are true Canes at heart and want to ball.

if all you boring *** people like them then recruits will probably think they look boring and old and lame lol

Recruits must hate Alabama's, Notre Dames's, Tennesse's, and USC's boring uniforms. The whole recruiting and uniforms talk is the biggest myth. None of that **** matters if you have the right coaching staff and you're winning.

The only school where that actually has a huge impact in recruiting is Oregon, but that is because Nike spends a **** ton there.

It helps Oregon's recruiting but not as much as you think:

Rivals Recruiting ranks:

Miami: #9
Oregon: #16

Miami: #20
Oregon: #22

Miami: #12
Oregon: #26

This is a perfect example that the "uniforms helps recruiting" myth is bull****. Oregon should be in the top 5 every year if that were the case, which they never are.

Helping in recruiting doesn't mean they rank top 5. Oregon gets the players they want. They don't usually go after 5* players, and selectively go after 4* guys. They do a good job scouting guys and going after people they want, and they don't care about recruiting rankings. So, yes, it does help them in recruiting. But not just the uniforms, I'm talking about the overwhelming support Phil Knight gives them in facilities and stuff, not just uni's.

Helping in recruiting doesn't mean they rank top 5. Oregon gets the players they want. They don't usually go after 5* players, and selectively go after 4* guys. They do a good job scouting guys and going after people they want, and they don't care about recruiting rankings. So, yes, it does help them in recruiting. But not just the uniforms, I'm talking about the overwhelming support Phil Knight gives them in facilities and stuff, not just uni's.

they recruit smart. they identify players that will fit, they go get them, and then they use them well.

under Golden, we are reduced to identifying local talent and offering them early and praying that they stick with us.

i bet less than half of our elite commitments stick. and those that make it to campus are NOT developed properly.

jessie_armstead.jpg

Too plain? Was this too plain? If Adidas takes that current prototype and adds the stripes on the sleeve/armhole...woo, boy

Advertisement

The only school where that actually has a huge impact in recruiting is Oregon, but that is because Nike spends a **** ton there.

It helps Oregon's recruiting but not as much as you think:

Rivals Recruiting ranks:

Miami: #9
Oregon: #16

Miami: #20
Oregon: #22

Miami: #12
Oregon: #26

This is a perfect example that the "uniforms helps recruiting" myth is bull****. Oregon should be in the top 5 every year if that were the case, which they never are.

I agree, the Phil Knight support is huge for them. However, I am not sure they get who they want. Oregon does have a history of losing recruiting battles with several Pac 12 teams.

There's no way Adidas is done with designing The U's uniform. That pic in store and that pic from Snoopy Doggie Dog or whatever his name is not the final version. You know Adidas people will be deigning stuff and talking to the school like crazy until September comes.

Advertisement
If all these fans here like it all these old head u know them minority boys aint feelin dis ****.

54276aff372c4.image.jpgLOUISVILLE- BROWN, DOMINIQUE 5185.jpg940x.jpg

I have a feeling with the blank space under the numbers on the sleeves of the prototype that we will be seeing a similar look to what Louisville has from Adidas. They obviously have no striping or "U" logos on anything, so I think they put this out 3 days after the deal was announced to make everybody aware that we are part of their selling point now and part of their long-term future. We are going to be one of their brand name teams moving forward. Maybe I'm more hopeful, but I think they will give us a more classic look like this. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Where the **** did i say recruits chose the school based on the uniform? I bet they ****ing do think the alabama uniform is ugly ***** because it is so **** you.

I bet that recruits don't think that Alabama's uniforms are ugly.

Advertisement
Really incredible design. Lots of thought must have gone into that. All white with a number on it.

Who's the genius who came up with that? Chess King? Looks like more Pedo State South.

You guys getting worked up about that must think a plain white Fruit of the Loom t-shirt is mind blowing ****.

Really incredible design. Lots of thought must have gone into that. All white with a number on it.

Who's the genius who came up with that? Chess King? Looks like more Pedo State South.

3 days worth of thinking since the deal was announced and these were put out. I'm sure a TON of thinking went into it...

They clearly said it's a prototype. It's exactly what you said, it's a white jersey with a number. I'd expect them to put the "U" on the somewhere and I'm thinking that some striping is going on the side of the sleeves where they left it blank. They more than likely left it intentionally blank to stir up some conversation.

Far cry from Oregon. Still waiting to see what the final product looks like. I know the Oregon thing, is more about us being first to get the new tech, but I'd like to see something with some pop.

Based off of that, the last jerseys **** on those. I still believe the helmets were the problem, not the jerseys.

Last years jerseys were awful esp the Orange.

Advertisement
Back