Oh no

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true, I don't blame Golden. He did all that he could.

Sometimes kids just don't wanna come.

Advertisement
If true and that's a big IF... Golden and co did everything possible to sign this kid... Yet some posters will blame the staff. Which is lulz worthy.

When you get Edwards, Yearby and Powell to go with Duke in back to back classes, it stings a lot less.

And two of those guys FSU wanted. I'm just saying.

Golden lost the most explosive offensive player in the state. No need to diminish Cook's skill and down talk his talent. Makes you look bitter and ***.

It's one step below "never had a committable offer."

What the **** did u want Golden to do in this situation WhatTheHell?

He choose a team that beat us bad and will be playing in the NCG. The most we could sell to him was he would play early and stay home. I can't argue that he didn't choose us after we were selling him our school for 3 years. He knows everything can about the big 3. I would love him to come here but on his terms. FSU got a player last year who didn't want to be there. We will see how that goes with him. But I would rather we get a player that wants to be here like Yearby. I can't wait for their on field rivalry when we play FSU.

Advertisement
Look, I have major questions about Golden's coaching, but I think he's one of the best recruiters in the country. If Cook goes to FSU, it's not because Golden didn't try.

Advertisement
Will people freak out when Lane picks Florida State? Lane is Fred Rouse 2.0. (You know how that turned out)

[video=youtube;A1LZbd0UuDU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A1LZbd0UuDU[/video]

Cook committed to FSU?

I'll wait until he enrolls somewhere.

The *****ing, trolling and butthurt around here are tired.

Lebron is on another level. Watched his high school highlight video recently.... legendary.

Advertisement
Will people freak out when Lane picks Florida State? Lane is Fred Rouse 2.0. (You know how that turned out)

That Fred Rouse comment is the exact thing people were saying about Coley when everybody thought he was going to FSU.

That Fred Rouse comment is the exact thing people were saying about Coley when everybody thought he was going to FSU.
Lol yup. The excuse-making for Golden is such a joke.

We got Gus The Bus guysm. We are fine!

Aside from get everyone, what would you have done differently than the coaching staff regarding Cook?

Miami has committed another running back from the same team. Thinking they want to share a backfield in college is more wishful thinking than reality.

Advertisement
Happy for the kid and that he's going to college to continue his education but he is now the enemy for the next 3 years plus. Hope he balls out on every team but us.

Golden lost the most explosive offensive player in the state. No need to diminish Cook's skill and down talk his talent. Makes you look bitter and ***.

It's one step below "never had a commutable offer."

How do you lose something that might have never been yours? He was never committed to Miami at any point so far.

Innovative new way to spin losing a Miami kid whose brother attends our school , and whose best friend is a Miami commit.

I'll give it up to you for the effort.

The brother and best friend are the only reason we are in the hunt for Cook at all. We were told this time last year that we wouldn't get the kid and that he'd have an interesting recruitment.

Shaping up that way.

Every kid is its own challenge. Family or $$ or a mentor or running from the streets or determined for a change of scenery. We also land on the positive side of that often, with the want to stay home or rep the 305.

For a kid like Cook, what would have helped prevent Miami from "failing," tough guy? Suggestions?

Last edited:
When an elite player goes from school to school committing, whose best friends and family want him home, and he has no interest, it becomes exceedingly obvious the kid is looking for the best money deal.

Until we start playing the paying game, we will continue to lose the top of the top.

This loss sucks, mostly bc Duke and Yearby are both coming off injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back