Oh no

Status
Not open for further replies.
When an elite player goes from school to school committing, whose best friends and family want him home, and he has no interest, it becomes exceedingly obvious the kid is looking for the best money deal.

Until we start playing the paying game, we will continue to lose the top of the top.

This loss sucks, mostly bc Duke and Yearby are both coming off injuries.

I still think the NCAA is ****ed they ****ed up and couldn't nail us like they wanted too. I would stay away from the "paying" game . Just win and show these kids staying home is the thing to do. So far this year we have a lot of great local talent staying home

Advertisement
@Safid_Deen 24m
FSU RB Devonta Freeman posts on Instagram that Dalvin Cook is heading to Florida State. Cook's phone is off so I can't confirm at this time.

All this on Christmas. Glad I'm not in that business. It's pretty awkward to have grown men calling HS kid on Christmas to see if they committed.

@Safid_Deen 24m
FSU RB Devonta Freeman posts on Instagram that Dalvin Cook is heading to Florida State. Cook's phone is off so I can't confirm at this time.

All this on Christmas. Glad I'm not in that business. It's pretty awkward to have grown men calling HS kid on Christmas to see if they committed.

Lol at this guy calling him on Christmas. Turribul.

If I was Cook and I really did give my silent to FSU, I'd be ****ed Freeman ruined my moment. Maybe there's still something else to this whole saga.

Advertisement
Gotta say I find it odd that Cook keeps saying and writing **** about the "final few days in the 305" and now this with Freeman and Bethel. Just seems odd for a kid who has been enjoying the fun and games and suspense.

If I was Cook and I really did give my silent to FSU, I'd be ****ed Freeman ruined my moment. Maybe there's still something else to this whole saga.

Yes I'd be mad especially if reporters start blowing up my phone on Xmas. This might make me rethink things lol

Gotta say I find it odd that Cook keeps saying and writing **** about the "final few days in the 305" and now this with Freeman and Bethel. Just seems odd for a kid who has been enjoying the fun and games and suspense.

Same.

Cook to FSU

Yearby flips to FSU

Valentine flips to LSU

JC Jackson goes to FSU

Kaaya flips to UCLA

Chad Thomas flips to bama

Bethel goes to FSU

Griffin doesn't make it in.

Berrios flips to South Carolina after watching everyone else leave.

That would make you guys happy.

Advertisement
Let's be honest, Edwards runs like he got home late and doesn't want to wake anybody up. He looks like a baby horse on a frozen lake and runs higher than a bird's **** .

He's not on Duke, Yearby, or Cook's level.

Trying too hard...like a (I'll let you fill in the blank with a joke that stretches too far)

Pretty much this. WTH has let too many WEZ ******s suck him off, he's not been funny for a while. Stick to writing schtick and leave the football evals to more knowledgable people, like my 4 month old daughter.

It's not odd because he isn't coming here. So it makes sense

Golden lost the most explosive offensive player in the state. No need to diminish Cook's skill and down talk his talent. Makes you look bitter and ***.

It's one step below "never had a commutable offer."

How do you lose something that might have never been yours? He was never committed to Miami at any point so far.

Stupid rationale. That would hold true for every recruit until they commit. So you can claim we never lose a recruit. In the microscopic chance that this is true it's a major fail by Golden.

When an elite player goes from school to school committing, whose best friends and family want him home, and he has no interest, it becomes exceedingly obvious the kid is looking for the best money deal.

Until we start playing the paying game, we will continue to lose the top of the top.

This loss sucks, mostly bc Duke and Yearby are both coming off injuries.

I still think the NCAA is ****ed they ****ed up and couldn't nail us like they wanted too. I would stay away from the "paying" game . Just win and show these kids staying home is the thing to do. So far this year we have a lot of great local talent staying home

What can the NCAA do if someone who isn't a booster or employee of UM handed a kid cash? The whole "rep your city thing" holds no weight when a kid is being handed cash for a car, or his grandmas house, or a job for his dad.

James Coley at FSU versus James Coley at UM? The only difference is after he worked his tail off recruiting a kid the FSU boosters sealed the deal. Until we start doing the same we will lose the Cooks/Sony's/Scarlett's/Peterson/Coopers/lemoniers and on and on.

You wanna lock down S Fla? Start buying these kids like everyone else who recruits our area does.

Advertisement

It's "odd" considering he's maintained that he will be announcing at the UA game. Why undercut the suspense of making your "big announcement" on national television by dropping obvious clues just a week before.

This is all assuming Dalvin Cook is smart enough to know that he's being pretty obvious.

That is a hefty assumption.

I have no thoughts on the matter one way or another, but it certainly is reasonable to call this behavior odd - regardless.

Golden lost the most explosive offensive player in the state. No need to diminish Cook's skill and down talk his talent. Makes you look bitter and ***.

It's one step below "never had a commutable offer."

How do you lose something that might have never been yours? He was never committed to Miami at any point so far.

Stupid rationale. That would hold true for every recruit until they commit. So you can claim we never lose a recruit. In the microscopic chance that this is true it's a major fail by Golden.

Bull****.... He was never committed here. Clemson lost him, UF stands to lose him.

The kid showed no interest until recently so IMO we never lost something that was never ours.

Example of players we lost Rudolph, Keith Brown (Louisville starting LB)....

Get over it everyone knew this already only delusional fans on here believed he was coming here. We did everything LEGALLY to get him.. FSU has led for awhile. Who cares he ain't a program changer.. Those guys are Patrick Peterson type guys and they are rare. Chad Thomas and Valentine are way more important to UM and are game changing defensive players exactly what we need now!! I guess we will have to settle for 5 star RB and 1st team ALL ACC RB Duke Johnson and 5 star RB Yearby you know the guy who starts at Central.. I guess 4 star RB Brandon Powell will have to step up now.. Lol you guys got it bad..

Advertisement
Get over it everyone knew this already only delusional fans on here believed he was coming here. We did everything LEGALLY to get him.. FSU has led for awhile. Who cares he ain't a program changer.. Those guys are Patrick Peterson type guys and they are rare. Chad Thomas and Valentine are way more important to UM and are game changing defensive players exactly what we need now!! I guess we will have to settle for 5 star RB and 1st team ALL ACC RB Duke Johnson and 5 star RB Yearby you know the guy who starts at Central.. I guess 4 star RB Brandon Powell will have to step up now.. Lol you guys got it bad..

+1

You are a dumbass^ we havent even been out from under the cloud for 2 months and you are *****ing about not paying players. Jump off a cliff

It's "odd" considering he's maintained that he will be announcing at the UA game. Why undercut the suspense of making your "big announcement" on national television by dropping obvious clues just a week before.

This is all assuming Dalvin Cook is smart enough to know that he's being pretty obvious.

That is a hefty assumption.

I have no thoughts on the matter one way or another, but it certainly is reasonable to call this behavior odd - regardless.

Things start to leak and that's all this stuff is. Things trickling out because it hasn't really been a secret that he is flipping to fsu. Is it reasonable to say its odd? Only if you refuse to believe that cooks fsu decision has been out there for at least a week.

It's one step below "never had a committable offer."

What the **** did u want Golden to do in this situation WhatTheHell?

Convince the kid miami is where he wants to be, it's what recruiting is all about. This whole tweet by freeman is being blown out of proportion anyway. That being said, back to ur statement and it's one I see here all the time. Something along the lines the staff did everything they could. That makes it sound like you believe the recruiting game is similar to filling out a bunch of paper work and then crossing ur fingers and hoping that whatever you applied for gets randomly chosen. It's more than that. Yes on one hand you might have the disadvantage of the kid wanting to get away, but on the flip side you do have his whole family here, plus his own brother that attends school at Miami. Are we supposed to ignore that? Recruiting is about convincing players not just going through a checklist of steps and then saying I did all I could...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back