2023 Official Visit Weekend #2: June 10-12

Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 10.37.57 AM.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some notes from Rivals interview with Hicks Sr. as they left their OV today:

- “It was a great visit, really great. We had a great time, spent a lot of time with coach (Mario) Cristobal, coach Joe (Salave’a), coach (Rod) Wright, and Jason Taylor. It was awesome.”

- Hicks Sr. said they were more focused on the S&C program and other aspects of developing david for the future. His player host was Jabari Ishmael, son of victor Ishmael, a long time S&C coach on staff. The family spend as much time as possible around the strength and conditioning program, including a presentation from Aaron Feld and watching players going through workouts.

" So the really different thing we were able to see was the movements, the way they do things. We got to see the work in action, got to talk about that kind of thing as far as football goes. You hear so much about what a great strength and conditioning program it is, you know, and to actually see it firsthand - it is, it is legit.”

Hicks Sr. mentioned they had visited two times previously and had had toured campus and are comfortable with the academics, etc.

The plan is for David to announce at All American game in january. He plans to take an OV to Oregon next week and was coming off an OV to Michigan state last week. He visited unofficially TAMU, Texas and OU already and they remain in the mix along with Bama, who may get a fall OV.

“Miami’s always been high up with us,” he says. “We came and the Miami coaches just wanted to show us the program and let him make an informed choice. It’s `We are giving you the info” and you go from there, see if it’s the right fit.”
Have to be able to get him back on campus during the season to have a realistic chance at him. He will be at Texas and A&M a lot this season. Beating A&M would go a long way to help get him.

Advertisement
- Hicks Sr. said they were more focused on the S&C program and other aspects of developing david for the future. His player host was Jabari Ishmael, son of victor Ishmael, a long time S&C coach on staff. The family spend as much time as possible around the strength and conditioning program, including a presentation from Aaron Feld and watching players going through workouts.
Absolutely brilliant selection of a host for this visit. They're focused on S&C and you not only get Feld in his ear but also a kid who's father is on the S&C staff as the host the entire time.

You Know It Good Job GIF by Curious Pavel

Advertisement
Some notes from Rivals interview with Hicks Sr. as they left their OV today:

- “It was a great visit, really great. We had a great time, spent a lot of time with coach (Mario) Cristobal, coach Joe (Salave’a), coach (Rod) Wright, and Jason Taylor. It was awesome.”

" So the really different thing we were able to see was the movements, the way they do things. We got to see the work in action, got to talk about that kind of thing as far as football goes. You hear so much about what a great strength and conditioning program it is, you know, and to actually see it firsthand - it is, it is legit.”

Hicks Sr. mentioned they had visited two times previously and had had toured campus and are comfortable with the academics, etc.

The plan is for David to announce at All American game in january. He plans to take an OV to Oregon next week and was coming off an OV to Michigan state last week. He visited unofficially TAMU, Texas and OU already and they remain in the mix along with Bama, who may get a fall OV.

“Miami’s always been high up with us,” he says. “We came and the Miami coaches just wanted to show us the program and let him make an informed choice. It’s `We are giving you the info” and you go from there, see if it’s the right fit.”
That’s a smart dude. Seems like David is lucky to have a man like that in his corner.

Just 2? I count 3 (and @PittsburghCane reminded me I missed Stroud so actually 4!)

• Salave'a
  • Wright
  • Taylor
  • Stroud

and that doesn't include the DC Steele who will clearly be involved. I don't think he'll be worrying about getting focus or attention.
Based on the weekend updates above, Taylor and Wright were dedicated to Jobe. Does this mean that Salave'a, Stroud and Mario were dedicated to Hicks? Did I read somewhere that Stroud was his lead recruiter?

Edit: found the tweet about Stroud & Hicks

I think getting these big players to official in the summer is really good. I know people might put enphasis on the game atmosphere but during game week the coaches have to gameplan and pay way more attention to the players on the team. FSU should be a good week for visits though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back