2023 Official Visit Weekend #2: June 10-12

Advertisement
You forgot to note that the $EC finds it easier to drop bags when no one is around.

Yes, "SEC" is also an important factor.

Campus is empty, the school newspaper isn't writing stories or taking pictures, you can get a corner booth in the restaurants, and the banks have crisp new bills because the students are all home for the summer...

Last edited:
Advertisement
He just got back from his Clemson visit and their feeling pretty good about him. Dabo loves to pressure recruits from not taking OVs so would make sense.
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Advertisement
He just got back from his Clemson visit and their feeling pretty good about him. Dabo loves to pressure recruits from not taking OVs so would make sense.
That **** aint gonna work with NIL now and kids being able to go to all these schools dropping bags on them. Clemson got company now and they don't like it. With Venables and Elliott gone its not so easy. They were corner pieces of that operation.

That **** aint gonna work with NIL now and kids being able to go to all these schools dropping bags on them. Clemson got company now and they don't like it. With Venables and Elliott gone its not so easy. They were corner pieces of that operation.
Elliot, ehhhhh… but Venables was basically a quarter notch below Dabo there.

Does it not seem like summer visits have become more of a thing in recent years versus fall visits? Not just here, but everywhere.

Fall or early December used to be the high visit time. What's changed or why? You can obviously focus more without the GameDay distractions, but campus life is dead this time of year. Late fall to winter, we could highlight our weather to the northern recruits.

With the early signing period, I suppose that's a factor. I'm just wondering if anyone has a direct tie to a recruit and why now versus later when school is in full swing.

Thoughts?

ESD and early enroll. 90% of kids are now signing in the early window so that has pushed the recruiting process up a lot

Advertisement
Elliot, ehhhhh… but Venables was basically a quarter notch below Dabo there.
Don't underestimate Elliott, i think he was there before Venables if i remember correctly. He was the one making those offenses and they had some really good ones. So dont be playing down man accomplishments cause he was acting crazy on the sidelines like Venables.

Don't underestimate Elliott, i think he was there before Venables if i remember correctly. He was the one making those offenses and they had some really good ones. So dont be playing down man accomplishments cause he was acting crazy on the sidelines like Venables.
Elliott is a good coach but he isn’t on the same level. Venables was the best DC for a good minute.

Advertisement
Elliott is a good coach but he isn’t on the same level. Venables was the best DC for a good minute.
I disagree. He doesn't get talked about cuz he wasn't carrying on the sideline. Their offense was humming long before they even got on the national stage, man like Tahj Boyd and them way before they had a great defense. Plus make of it what you will, if he had a different skin tone he would be thought of different, its always that way. I seen how many of Saban coaches and Billicheck coaches get hired as HC and most of them have a certain look.

I aint downing Venables as a DC, im saying Elliott is not below him, im sorry. If Elliott was a different guy, he would have gotten bigger offers than UVA. Master minding 2 National championship offenses.

I disagree. He doesn't get talked about cuz he wasn't carrying on the sideline. Their offense was humming long before they even got on the national stage, man like Tahj Boyd and them way before they had a great defense. Plus make of it what you will, if he had a different skin tone he would be thought of different, its always that way. I seen how many of Saban coaches and Billicheck coaches get hired as HC and most of them have a certain look.

I aint downing Venables as a DC, im saying Elliott is not below him, im sorry. If Elliott was a different guy, he would have gotten bigger offers than UVA. Master minding 2 National championship offenses.
Before Elliott it was Chad Morris that got the hype as the OC. And when Elliott got the job he shared duties with Jeff Scott. On defense there was one name and one name only.

Before Elliott it was Chad Morris that got the hype as the OC. And when Elliott got the job he shared duties with Jeff Scott. On defense there was one name and one name only.
They went up another level when he became OC, both in recruiting and on the field. He won the Broyles award as well. He is as good a coach as Venables. That’s where am a leave it.

Advertisement
Back