3 Star IOL Antonio Tripp (COMMIT)
3 Star TE Jackson Carver
5 Star DL David Hicks
4 Star DE Bai Jobe
3 Star IOL Connor Lew
3 Star TE Reid Mikeska
David Hicks🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

war platoon GIF

Gotta keep the ball rolling. Hopefully the flood gates open up soon (a mini flood at least lol)

Advertisement
Does it not seem like summer visits have become more of a thing in recent years versus fall visits? Not just here, but everywhere.

Fall or early December used to be the high visit time. What's changed or why? You can obviously focus more without the GameDay distractions, but campus life is dead this time of year. Late fall to winter, we could highlight our weather to the northern recruits.

With the early signing period, I suppose that's a factor. I'm just wondering if anyone has a direct tie to a recruit and why now versus later when school is in full swing.

Thoughts?

Does it not seem like summer visits have become more of a thing in recent years versus fall visits? Not just here, but everywhere.

Fall or early December used to be the high visit time. What's changed or why? You can obviously focus more without the GameDay distractions, but campus life is dead this time of year. Late fall to winter, we could highlight our weather to the northern recruits.

With the early signing period, I suppose that's a factor. I'm just wondering if anyone has a direct tie to a recruit and why now versus later when school is in full swing.

Thoughts?
Probably easier on the player. They typically have a game every weekend in the fall so has to be a lot easier to just do it while out of school rather than having to figure out a weekend that will work for the team (I would imagine the school wants to keep it under a certain number for OVs per weekend so the coaches can give the players the attention they need) and the player and their HS team schedule and schoolwork. If that cannot be worked out and the kid wants to sign early they have to cram them in within 2 or 3 weeks at the end of November/early December. Campus life in the summer will not be what it is in the fall but I'm sure the players on the team know where to find a party or start their own. Plus the players who are hosting them have a much lighter class schedule so they have more time to show them around and interact with them. Lastly, with the number of unofficials this kids tend to take now to see the team practice and the summer camps schools hold they can use that to get an idea of the coaches style and how the team practices to see if it is a fit for them.

Last edited:
I wish David Hicks could have come on his own seperate weekend so we could give him undivided attention. (which im sure he has gotten before on UOVs but still)

Interested to keep track of Tony Rojas too and what he does and whether we push him to commit since Tamare Robinson said they told him they are only taking 3 LBs.....

The TE situation will be interesting too. Im sure thats "first come, first serve".

All in all a pretty jam packed group there.

I wish David Hicks could have come on his own seperate weekend so we could give him undivided attention. (which im sure he has gotten before on UOVs but still)

Interested to keep track of Tony Rojas too and what he does and whether we push him to commit since Tamare Robinson said they told him they are only taking 3 LBs.....

The TE situation will be interesting too. Im sure thats "first come, first serve".

All in all a pretty jam packed group there.
Hicks is the only DL in that group at least right now. Got imagine our 2 DL coaches will be spending a lot of time with him.

Advertisement

Thoughts?
Early signing day mostly and enrolling early for some to a lesser degree.. Kinda sucks for us as dec/jan in miami is probably closest to heaven on earth and high season and best weather ever compared to now which is hurricane season/rain season with best you will get is 90 degrees with high humidity.. lol..

Hicks is the only DL in that group at least right now. Got imagine our 2 DL coaches will be spending a lot of time with him.
Just 2? I count 3 (and @PittsburghCane reminded me I missed Stroud so actually 4!)

• Salave'a
  • Wright
  • Taylor
  • Stroud

and that doesn't include the DC Steele who will clearly be involved. I don't think he'll be worrying about getting focus or attention.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Thoughts?
They just started allowing summer OVs recently. some coachs trying to get kids locked in early due to the early signing periods

This is visit period then the dominoes will start falling. I had pretty much stopped following recruiting under Manny, it simply became which local recruit who we should have locked up we were gonna have to beg to come on signing day. While other teams had their classes 80% done and filled with blue chips.

Advertisement

Thoughts?

It's pretty straightforward.

National Signing Day has pretty much moved from February to December.

Everything is happening earlier as a result.

Advertisement
Back