Official UA Game thread

Advertisement
When I mentioned a month or so ago I'd be curious to see if DJ grew into a DT (Mcintosh role), people went nuts about his explosiveness and how he was an edge player. I still think he'll start his career at Chad Thomas' spot, but just wait and see how some of these very young dudes grow into their bodies. It'll work itself out.
That's why I'm not up in arms like so many guys on here about our DT recruiting. Pretty sure we're looking for athletic dogs that we can grow into DTs. I can see Bethel sliding inside. Been saying that since we signed him.
I am looking for us to sign a guy who can play the Norton role. Right now, we have Norton and Courtel Jenkins as the only guys who can really play that spot consistently and optimally. I suppose T. Martin may gain enough to get there after the 2017 season. No idea how his physical progress is going. I've also wildly speculated on Haskins growing himself out of the TE position. I like what he offers there, but if the kid ends up 290 via natural gain, we may want to see what he looks like as a DT, if he can remain on the team*.

One thing I always mention is let the players grow naturally. A guy like Chickillo should have never been forced up to his obscene weight here. Other guys should not be artificially kept too low. A guy like Shaq Quarterman could use some slimming, but let it be natural.

Would Ford be that player?

When I mentioned a month or so ago I'd be curious to see if DJ grew into a DT (Mcintosh role), people went nuts about his explosiveness and how he was an edge player. I still think he'll start his career at Chad Thomas' spot, but just wait and see how some of these very young dudes grow into their bodies. It'll work itself out.
That's why I'm not up in arms like so many guys on here about our DT recruiting. Pretty sure we're looking for athletic dogs that we can grow into DTs. I can see Bethel sliding inside. Been saying that since we signed him.
I am looking for us to sign a guy who can play the Norton role. Right now, we have Norton and Courtel Jenkins as the only guys who can really play that spot consistently and optimally. I suppose T. Martin may gain enough to get there after the 2017 season. No idea how his physical progress is going. I've also wildly speculated on Haskins growing himself out of the TE position. I like what he offers there, but if the kid ends up 290 via natural gain, we may want to see what he looks like as a DT, if he can remain on the team*.

One thing I always mention is let the players grow naturally. A guy like Chickillo should have never been forced up to his obscene weight here. Other guys should not be artificially kept too low. A guy like Shaq Quarterman could use some slimming, but let it be natural.

Maybe. Looks more like the Mcintosh role right now. Think it's telling we're aiming at guys like Conliffe, who's already listed at 6' 3" 300 with room to grow.

The special teams return Thomas had was short but as impressive as the TDs. Not sure if he will come or has the grades to get into the U, but the kid had an impressive game today and incredible speed. Heat in Orlando seemed to be getting the best of him on the sidelines. Needs some humidity acclimation.

If he's around 270 now and has a big frame he can easily become that guy.

Advertisement

Maybe. Looks more like the Mcintosh role right now. Think it's telling we're aiming at guys like Conliffe, who's already listed at 6' 3" 300 with room to grow.

Conliffe is a Must get for 2017. Go watch the 2016 O-D All American game ( from Atlanta) on espn3 (it is available via replay). Jon Ford is in the game as is Concliffe ( red team, he one of the few with a black helmet). Conliffe is in for only a few plays but is a MANCHILD when is on tye field.

Jon Ford is a 3 tech at Miami and Conliffe is a 0 or 1 all day at Miami. He will have to work on his conditioning so redshirting them both would be ideal.

Go Canes

Makes sense.
Sorta like the Sapp Riley combo in terms of body type?

Advertisement

U and me both. Some dumb ******* kept going back and forth with me, calling me Al Golden. Lol. Apparently he never watched a game because he insisted thats a Golden move, to have faster players at bigger positions.

Worry meter about the DL with Kuligowski here: 0

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back