Official UA Game thread

When I mentioned a month or so ago I'd be curious to see if DJ grew into a DT (Mcintosh role), people went nuts about his explosiveness and how he was an edge player. I still think he'll start his career at Chad Thomas' spot, but just wait and see how some of these very young dudes grow into their bodies. It'll work itself out.

Advertisement
And another thing dj Johnson has been double teammed for majority of the game and still has provided some pressures and a sack all while not playing in his natural position

Shhh! Let the alleged UM fans dog his play while they eat FSU booty.

When I mentioned a month or so ago I'd be curious to see if DJ grew into a DT (Mcintosh role), people went nuts about his explosiveness and how he was an edge player. I still think he'll start his career at Chad Thomas' spot, but just wait and see how some of these very young dudes grow into their bodies. It'll work itself out.
That's why I'm not up in arms like so many guys on here about our DT recruiting. Pretty sure we're looking for athletic dogs that we can grow into DTs. I can see Bethel sliding inside. Been saying that since we signed him.

Advertisement
DJ needs a RS. He's a future star in the making but struggling with the big linemen when they get a hand on him.

Remember when Joseph Jackson was REALLY raw?

Yeah...me too

Joe wasn't raw...he was destroying everything at DE and TE.

No he wasnt. His Gulliver team was as pedestrian as they come. He was raw still..then hit camp n it was obvious from week 1. To me Dj Johnson has the same or even higher ceiling

6 sacks at gulliver isn't exactly "destroying everything."

Advertisement
That's why I'm not up in arms like so many guys on here about our DT recruiting. Pretty sure we're looking for athletic dogs that we can grow into DTs. I can see Bethel sliding inside. Been saying that since we signed him.
I am looking for us to sign a guy who can play the Norton role. Right now, we have Norton and Courtel Jenkins as the only guys who can really play that spot consistently and optimally. I suppose T. Martin may gain enough to get there after the 2017 season. No idea how his physical progress is going. I've also wildly speculated on Haskins growing himself out of the TE position. I like what he offers there, but if the kid ends up 290 via natural gain, we may want to see what he looks like as a DT, if he can remain on the team*.

One thing I always mention is let the players grow naturally. A guy like Chickillo should have never been forced up to his obscene weight here. Other guys should not be artificially kept too low. A guy like Shaq Quarterman could use some slimming, but let it be natural.

Me too

Advertisement
I am looking for us to sign a guy who can play the Norton role. Right now, we have Norton and Courtel Jenkins as the only guys who can really play that spot consistently and optimally. I suppose T. Martin may gain enough to get there after the 2017 season. No idea how his physical progress is going. I've also wildly speculated on Haskins growing himself out of the TE position. I like what he offers there, but if the kid ends up 290 via natural gain, we may want to see what he looks like as a DT, if he can remain on the team*.

One thing I always mention is let the players grow naturally. A guy like Chickillo should have never been forced up to his obscene weight here. Other guys should not be artificially kept too low. A guy like Shaq Quarterman could use some slimming, but let it be natural.

Agree with all that. And I even said the exact same thing about Haskings.

Advertisement
Waiting on the perfunctory Pete Ariz "we're not recruiting him (Thomas)" buzzkill.

he had alot invested in harley. the legend of harley wsa created on this board. Pouncey is announcing his top 4 and tagged Irvins in the tweet.
Thomas is apparently talking to irvins too.

Look at my posts for Thomas since he has been mentioned on here and they say the same thing. STUD

Advertisement
Back