OFFICIAL SPRING GAME THREAD!!!

I agree Berrios looks MUCH better this year just go back and look how fat he looked in the Washington st. Game. Slimmed back down now he's got that very quick acceleration in and out of cuts again
Berrios...look like Wes Welker today

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Vanilla or no vanilla. It's evident that there's very little speed on this offense.

See if i say its im wrong but u knowthis squad too slow

Our rb situation is awful teams can just rush fourandnot worry about the running back

The running back situation isn't awful by any means. Yearby and Walton are good backs and both are very good receivers. In this offense that matters. Yes, we don't have a Dalvin Cook but we can win with both these guys.

The only year Miami won a national title with an elite back was in 2001 with Portis.

OH YES......THIS

Chris Herndon looks like a f_cking weapon... Oh my god... Him coming out of the backfield at fullback and with njoku as the tight end with coley, berrios, Bruce Richards, Mullins at receiver man oh man

Advertisement
Cant wait for bruce mullins and richards, team is super slow in alot of places.

Seems boring watching them
Talking with Mullins during the game ..he was like they are not ready for us..when we get here this summer we are going to shake things up

Them boys r miami type players and your son too dog

Last edited:
FENSE
PASSING
Brad Kaaya 29-for-49, 345 yards, 3 TD, INT
Malik Rosier 2-6, 27
Evan Shirreffs 1-5, 11, INT
Vincent Testaverde 1-6, 4
RUSHING
Gus Edwards 16-57, TD (longest carry 12 yards)
Mark Walton 10-56 (16)
Trayone Gray 8-20 (11)
Joe Yearby 7-7 (5)
Kaaya 2-(-8)
Testaverde 2-(-14)
Shirreffs 1-(-4)
Rosier 1-0
Total 19-55
RECEIVING
Braxton Berrios 8-127-TD (longest catch 43 yards)
Chris Herndon 6-76-TD (22)
Lawrence Cager 5-58 (11)
Malcolm Lewis 2-28 (14)
David Njoku 4-17 (8)
Yearby 3-26 (12)
Darrell Langham 1-27 (18)
Chad Allen 1-11
Stan Dobard 1-4
Walton 1-13
FIELD GOALS
Michael Badgley 1-2 (made 27; missed 44)
PUNTING
Justin Vogel 12-465 (average 38.7; long 58)
Note: kicks and punts were not rushed or returned
DEFENSE
TACKLES
Juwon Young 8, Rayshawn Jenkins, Sheldrick Redwine, Shaq Quarterman 7; Gerald Willis 6; Corn Elder 5; Jermaine Grace, Jaquan Johnson, Robert Knowles, Trent Harris, Courtel Jenkins 4; Demetrius Jackson, Mike Smith, Al-Quadin Muhammad, Michael Pinckney, R.J. McIntosh 2; Anthony Moten, Jamie Gordinier 2; Michael Jackson, Charles Perry, Jared Hardie, Eddie Dunn, John Tauber, Zach McCloud, Pat Bethel, Jamal Carter, Kendrick Norton, Chad Thomas, Evan Shirreffs, Braxton Berrios 1.
SACKS
Willis 2; Muhammad, D. Jackson, Grace, Quarterman 1.
INTERCEPTIONS
Elder, Johnson 1.
TACKLES FOR LOSS
Redwine, Quarterman, Pinckney, Grace, Harris, Johnson, Jenkins, Willis 1.
PASS BREAK-UPS
Elder 3; M. Jackson 2; D. Jackson, Carter, Redwine, Johnson, Henley 1.
- See more at: Stats report from Miami Hurricanes 2016 spring game | Canes Watch

Vanilla or no vanilla. It's evident that there's very little speed on this offense.

See if i say its im wrong but u knowthis squad too slow

Our rb situation is awful teams can just rush fourandnot worry about the running back

The running back situation isn't awful by any means. Yearby and Walton are good backs and both are very good receivers. In this offense that matters. Yes, we don't have a Dalvin Cook but we can win with both these guys.

The only year Miami won a national title with an elite back was in 2001 with Portis.

True but i expect elite back based on location but those guys are decent backs

Advertisement
Recent quote by the herald- Diaz is puzzle that when the kids make a positive play they act like they are in detention. Thanks again Al Golden. These kids are still neutered

Bruce is better then Richards right now. Give Richards a couple years..
there will 4 games next year that will be won or lost in the end and that will determine whether we go 7-5 or 10-2. Theres not the talent here to dominate quality Power 5 comp

I agree there is a depth problem especially int he secondary.

But this offense can score with anyone.

We are just as talented as any team in the co untry on the offensive end.

To beat the top teams we are going ot have to outscore them.

But make no mistake, this team is extremely talented on the offensive end. We just lack depth.

Sam Bruce is going ot be a huge adddition because he will be a day 1 player.

Do you think Sam bruce will have a better freshman season than Ahmmon Richards?

AR is better IMO super star type talent and i wasdead wrongon him thinking he was a safety. If saban wanted him and threw everything at him toget him and didnt care for Bruce im siding with AR having a better season. But thingis Bruce might returnkicks so he might more opportunities

Do we cover the flats?

No - neither D'Onofrio nor Diaz do. And that's regardless of the fact that Diaz doesn't have much to work with. There's no one within 5-7 yards of those H-backs/TEs.

We cover the flats but not every play. You can't play cover two man on every down. Sometimes you drop and give up the flats hoping the offense is not calling a play out there. This isn't checkers guys, it's chess.

The starting safety's need to be Johnson and Carter. Carter destroyed herdon on one play. Too many drops today from herdon and number 86. Also if we can bring in a solid comerback we can can win 10 games easy.

Advertisement
I agree there is a depth problem especially int he secondary.

But this offense can score with anyone.

We are just as talented as any team in the co untry on the offensive end.

To beat the top teams we are going ot have to outscore them.

But make no mistake, this team is extremely talented on the offensive end. We just lack depth.

Sam Bruce is going ot be a huge adddition because he will be a day 1 player.

Do you think Sam bruce will have a better freshman season than Richardson?

it really depends on how good richards is. We haven't seen him.

but Sam Bruce is easily an instant impact day 1 player for any college football team. He is going to be that explosive big play maker in the slot. Exp[ect him to be a cane favorite.

How electric is Bruce? when I watched his tape I didn't see any break away speed Mark Richt was looking for.

he doesn't have breakaway long speed

but he has elite quickness and acceleration and can make people miss, multiple people miss to house a catch

He's Duke Johnson in the slot. Tough as nails a has that wiggle we're lacking. He'd be interesting at RB but get hurt easily.

Just doesn't look like we have many game breakers right now. A lot of short throws.

Keep in mind that this is a Spring Game. They are probably showing 25% of what we're actually going to do when the season starts.

Plus, this is practice 15 & these kids are like bothers that play each other all the time. Especially on the O/D-line. When we get that influx of talent, work over the summer, and play other teams in the fall we'll look better. Kaaya looks like a Heisman-caliber QB and claims he's "mastered" Richt's offense. If dudes can catch the ball he has a great chance to be at the ceremony.

I like that there were no fumbles and we generally didn't turn the ball over. Defense I'm not too worried about because we can always move quan to corner and I think the new DBs will have a similar impact to the new LBs, but overall we lack the depth of the OSU and Bamas. I like us fully healthy at home all year; mainly because Richt is savage and don't ramp with the play-calling. Add that to Kaaya's accuracy and it's death by a thousand cuts.

People love to keep stating the obvious....," we lack speed, receivers," help is on the way... All on the day where we are missing our most explosive player in coley, a talented group of Richards, Bruce, Mullins, Harris and we are not using the full playbook

^^^^relax. And see my previous post. Too soon y'all. I like where we're at. Mainly because of Brad. Can't state that enough. We'll have the best player at the most important position every game, God-willing brad stays upright.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Talking with Mullins during the game ..he was like they are not ready for us..when we get here this summer we are going to shake things up

I feel him, but AQM said he had never-before seen pass rush moves. I prefer the silent assassin like I expect Romeo to be but a lil swag ain't hurt nobody. Go head young-blood, tell it.

Kaaya will have the offense straight and working over the summer. I hope your son isn't timid and can be that guy for the defense.

I feel him, but AQM said he had never-before seen pass rush moves. I prefer the silent assassin like I expect Romeo to be but a lil swag ain't hurt nobody. Go head young-blood, tell it.

Well the previous coached didn't want the dline to get too up field so that's why you didn't see all of aqms moves..

Advertisement
Back