OFFICIAL SPRING GAME THREAD!!!

Advertisement
Do we cover the flats?

No - neither D'Onofrio nor Diaz do. And that's regardless of the fact that Diaz doesn't have much to work with. There's no one within 5-7 yards of those H-backs/TEs.

We cover the flats but not every play. You can't play cover two man on every down. Sometimes you drop and give up the flats hoping the offense is not calling a play out there. This isn't checkers guys, it's chess.

Cover-3 covers the flats.
Cover-2 covers the flats.
Man covers the flats.

Flats should never be open. You should always take away the easy throws.

I think our backfield rotation will be.....1. Yearby 2. Gus 3. Walton.....Gray moves to another position. IMO

Bruce is better then Richards right now. Give Richards a couple years..
there will 4 games next year that will be won or lost in the end and that will determine whether we go 7-5 or 10-2. Theres not the talent here to dominate quality Power 5 comp

I agree there is a depth problem especially int he secondary.

But this offense can score with anyone.

We are just as talented as any team in the co untry on the offensive end.

To beat the top teams we are going ot have to outscore them.

But make no mistake, this team is extremely talented on the offensive end. We just lack depth.

Sam Bruce is going ot be a huge adddition because he will be a day 1 player.

Do you think Sam bruce will have a better freshman season than Ahmmon Richards?

AR is better IMO super star type talent and i wasdead wrongon him thinking he was a safety. If saban wanted him and threw everything at him toget him and didnt care for Bruce im siding with AR having a better season. But thingis Bruce might returnkicks so he might more opportunities

Hellll no

We going to see though

Advertisement
Still need a couple 4* in the middle. Fix that, the secondary & a few more bodies on the OL & we're on our way.

We need more talent in the secondary but I'm excited about what we have in the front 7. Golden didnt do much but he laid the foundation for some **** good core players in the 16 class.

Bruce and AR15 are two totally different players. I think all three frosh bring something different to the table.....y'all better watch out for Harris he could be more ready to play right now. I remember when a sleeper by the name of Gunter stole the show straight from the JUCO ranks....

Do we cover the flats?

No - neither D'Onofrio nor Diaz do. And that's regardless of the fact that Diaz doesn't have much to work with. There's no one within 5-7 yards of those H-backs/TEs.

We cover the flats but not every play. You can't play cover two man on every down. Sometimes you drop and give up the flats hoping the offense is not calling a play out there. This isn't checkers guys, it's chess.

Man covers the flats.

actually most zone defenses have the "flat" defenders drop under deeper routes with the thought process that the CB/S/LB who has flat responsibility coming up and making a sure tackle. a 5 yard catch in the flats >>>> 15 yard corner

Advertisement
Do we cover the flats?

Man covers the flats.

Nah, not that simple my man. Who's gonna cover Njoku man to man? Or Berrios? And when you run your cover 2 and they start throwing slants and go routes to 6'5" kids, what are you gonna do then? And if you roll safeties, who's gonna cover that gaping hole behind the LBs that bit on the PA pass? It's chess dude, not checkers.

Last edited:
Do we cover the flats?

Man covers the flats.

actually most zone defenses have the "flat" defenders drop under deeper routes with the thought process that the CB/S/LB who has flat responsibility coming up and making a sure tackle. a 5 yard catch in the flats >>>> 15 yard corner

I know that, that's why they're called "curl/flat" defenders. The dude I responded to said that we don't cover the flats every play. The flats are always accounted for. Every coverage accounts for the flats. It's whether we choose to cover them right away or "rally" to them.

Do we cover the flats?

Man covers the flats.

Nah, not that simple my man. Who's gonna cover Njoku man to man? Or Berrios? And when you run your cover 2 and they start throwing slants and go routes to 6'5" kids, what are you gonna do then? And if you roll safeties, who's gonna cover that gaping hole behind the LBs that bit on the PA pass? It's chess dude, not checkers.

What in the world are you talking about?

It is that simple.
In Cover-2 your CB's are your flat defenders.
In Cover-3 your OLB/SS are your flat defenders.
And Man Coverage is self explanatory.

The flats are always accounted for one way or another. I've never met a DC who was like "eh we're gonna leave the flats wide open on this play". That's retarded.

The defense has more pass defenders than the offense has receivers. Every zone should be covered.

I'm watching the game with my wife and she goes-- why is Miami wearing baseball pants. I almost died.

Pants gotta be above the knees if we gonna be back. Lol

Funny, b/c my wife spoke out about the jerseys as well. I really hope Adidas gives us more than this.

Besides that, Kaaya looks so much better this year already. Hes the reason I have so much confidence in this season. We're not National Title Ready, but we're ACC Coastal Ready fa sho.

Advertisement
I agree Berrios looks MUCH better this year just go back and look how fat he looked in the Washington st. Game. Slimmed back down now he's got that very quick acceleration in and out of cuts again
Berrios...look like Wes Welker today

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Are we sure it wasn't Edleman or Amendola?

He definitely looked in great shape yesterday. Legs and glutes were tight as opposed to last year, soft. Anyone know how much weight he dropped?

Advertisement
Watching this film again I'm not confident that Rayshawn will start this year. Would not wrap up giving backs and TEs extra yards.

Lol do you even know who 86 is? Probably our biggest weapon on Offense not name Kaaya

The starting safety's need to be Johnson and Carter. Carter destroyed herdon on one play. Too many drops today from herdon and number 86. Also if we can bring in a solid comerback we can can win 10 games easy.

Speaking of the uniforms that all white the qbs were wearing was very nice. I like the plain white pants better than the ones with the feathers on them tbh... Update them a little more and we can play with those

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back