OFFICIAL SPRING GAME THREAD!!!

The oline did okay for the most part. The backup center gauthier looks better than gall ever has at the position...

It's Nick Linder's position to lose in the fall.

The oline didn't do all that bad today essentially missing quite a few starters. I thought the dline did good and the oline was better than they were by a lot last week...

Dude, St. Louis isn't sitting. That kid will be at minimum all-conference by the time he leaves Miami. That's a good looking athlete. First thing that was very apparent is the kids have slimmed down a lot. Searles isn't doing what Art did and that was to rotating a bunch of kids around and lose continuity. He's going with his base 5 and looking for 2 or 3 more kids to round out a rotation as needed. They are going to be and have to be in better shape. Huge upgrade at the coaching position.

Advertisement
The oline did okay for the most part. The backup center gauthier looks better than gall ever has at the position...

The oline didn't do all that bad today essentially missing quite a few starters. I thought the dline did good and the oline was better than they were by a lot last week...

Dude, St. Louis isn't sitting. That kid will be at minimum all-conference by the time he leaves Miami. That's a good looking athlete. First thing that was very apparent is the kids have slimmed down a lot. Searles isn't doing what Art did and that was to rotating a bunch of kids around and lose continuity. He's going with his base 5 and looking for 2 or 3 more kids to round out a rotation as needed. They are going to be and have to be in better shape. Huge upgrade at the coaching position.

True I remember Dmoney and others were saying tyree had s very high ceiling, really like what I saw from him. Where do you put Odogwu if he's 100 percent back? He played pretty well last year and it looks like Isadora, McDermott and darling all have leaned up and improved.

I didn
't think the CB coverage was that soft. There were a lot of contested throws today. Occasionally there's gonna be guys who create separation. We saw that with some short hitches and some deep outs but I thought the short/intermediate throws were contested pretty well. We played a lot of press coverage. (or at least we lined up in it pre-snap)

They show a lot of press but it's more of a bump and run or immediately get back into your zone. The flats need to be addressed or we are going to get pounded with 8-10 play drives that end in scores.

Count me in the "we'll be fine at WR" camp. I'm definitely more concerned about CB and the OL.

More concerned about the CB position than oline right now.yeah the oline needs to improve running blocking and from the looks of it they have, but they were generally good pass protection wise for the most part outside of the Clemson game and some other lapses

Advertisement
I'm watching the game with my wife and she goes-- why is Miami wearing baseball pants. I almost died.

Pants gotta be above the knees if we gonna be back. Lol

We need more talent in the secondary but I'm excited about what we have in the front 7. Golden didnt do much but he laid the foundation for some **** good core players in the 16 class.

True I remember Dmoney and others were saying tyree had s very high ceiling, really like what I saw from him. Where do you put Odogwu if he's 100 percent back? He played pretty well last year and it looks like Isadora, McDermott and darling all have leaned up and improved.

Sonny is the first tackle in the rotation. Linder plays center. I actually think the offensive line will be competent. I hated the way Art rotated kids and tried them at multiple positions. I know it's spring but you need to find your best 5 and a rotation. You just don't get enough reps to experiment.

Count me in the "we'll be fine at WR" camp. I'm definitely more concerned about CB and the OL.

More concerned about the CB position than oline right now.yeah the oline needs to improve running blocking and from the looks of it they have, but they were generally good pass protection wise for the most part outside of the Clemson game and some other lapses

The kid coming in from Texas will help. We need another kid.

Advertisement
idk if Jamal Carter will ever put it together

He is what he is, like jimmy j said ur record is what u r.

I dont know whypeople think we have all these super stars because of Rankings. Rankings r off alot

I don't know that it's rankings, development by the former staff, or that it's only Spring with lots of new stuff to learn. I'd bet it's a combination of all of them and when I get a chance to watch the game I'll take anything I see with a grain of salt.

Im a believer in youare what youare. If u make an impact early your a player if u struggle chances r ur a jag. Speed is lacking and thats a problem that shouldnt be

I wonder if Dwinstitles thinks were slow and lack talent all over the field? I haven't seen him post it enough to be sure.

Lol i justget mad thatwe beenbad for years, its like ilook for negatives but im going tokeep it real. Aome people here though think we have first rounders allover theplace and we dont. They need to open there eyes. Your right tho lol i try not to but im ***** mad that we r in this position and its not this staffs fault

Advertisement
Kaaya is EXTREMELY accurate but our players have dropped at least 5 passes from him already probably a little more than. Kaaya should have a big season this year with richts playcalling...

Kayya looks like he improved and his accuracy is laser like.

I never thought the people who said he was a top 10 pick, but it wouldn't suprise me if he was a top 5 pick from what I seen.

He looks really good.

I knew when i saw his hs film he was a firstround type qb u justknow whenu see them. I like Perry to be the next great

There was literally no reason to expect anything but vanilla offense and defense, both from Richt's own mouth and common sense. That being said..

- Berrios looked great.
- Herndon looked good going into the flat and turning up field.
- Love how Njoku impacts plays even when he doesn't have the ball. Lays wood.
- Quarterman is impressive for a Freshman. He has the potential to be great.
- Thought 1st team front 4 was good. There wasn't much blitzing, pretty sure I saw some run blitzing but that's about it.
- Cager will be tough to cover on slants.
- Thought the backup QBs were bad. Richt saying he wouldn't use a RS on Allison if he earns #2 is idiotic IMO. He needs to RS - if Kaaya goes down Miami is effed anyway. However, they were throwing to two guys who have any chance of seeing the field Dobard and Langham. Other guys they had to throw to were walk on midgets.
- Good crowd.

there will 4 games next year that will be won or lost in the end and that will determine whether we go 7-5 or 10-2. Theres not the talent here to dominate quality Power 5 comp

I agree there is a depth problem especially int he secondary.

But this offense can score with anyone.

We are just as talented as any team in the co untry on the offensive end.

To beat the top teams we are going ot have to outscore them.

But make no mistake, this team is extremely talented on the offensive end. We just lack depth.

Sam Bruce is going ot be a huge adddition because he will be a day 1 player.

Do you think Sam bruce will have a better freshman season than Ahmmon Richards?

AR is better IMO super star type talent and i wasdead wrongon him thinking he was a safety. If saban wanted him and threw everything at him toget him and didnt care for Bruce im siding with AR having a better season. But thingis Bruce might returnkicks so he might more opportunities

Advertisement
Cant wait for bruce mullins and richards, team is super slow in alot of places.

Seems boring watching them
Talking with Mullins during the game ..he was like they are not ready for us..when we get here this summer we are going to shake things up

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Kaays is looking hesiman like.

His footwork has improved.

HIs accurarcy is LASER LIKE.

berrios took a slant for 45 years.

just threw another laster for 20.

That's got to be a record!

This is the stuff that ****es me off. Berrios should have red shirted two years ago. He was coming off a knee injury in an all-star game. He got hurt last year. The kid is finally healthy.

Advertisement
Back