Soccer Official soccer/futbol thread (Europe/USA).

Advertisement
Bayern just fired their coach out of absolutely nowhere.

Tuchel to replace him.
Bro - WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! I am beyond shocked! I don’t understand this firing. I know he tinkers a lot with formations and lineups but this is beyond moronic. IMO, they will regret this decision and they have acted un-Bayern like with this decision.

Tuchel is a solid coach but has been fired everywhere even though he’s a brilliant coach. He doesn’t mesh well with management in previous stops. Julian is an innovative coach. Paid $25 million transfer fee. He needs more time. Just unreal!!

@San Amaro Dr

Advertisement
Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Frustrated Jack Nicholson GIF

Bro - WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! I am beyond shocked! I don’t understand this firing. I know he tinkers a lot with formations and lineups but this is beyond moronic. IMO, they will regret this decision and they have acted un-Bayern like with this decision.

Tuchel is a solid coach but has been fired everywhere even though he’s a brilliant coach. He doesn’t mesh well with management in previous stops. Julian is an innovative coach. Paid $25 million transfer fee. He needs more time. Just unreal!!

@San Amaro Dr

Dude... this has to be an ego play and Brazzo is who I think is behind this. I despise this guy. What director level employee sits next to the manager during games and goes in the lockerrrom. Guy is an absolute cancer imo.

I can’t even think about Tuchel right now because I think Nagelsmann got a raw deal here.

@San Amaro Dr

My assumption is this was brewing up for some time now and certain things just happened over the course of the second half of the season.

- The massive point loss in the Bundesliga.
- Repeated performances where the team looked shockingly flat.
- A game against Leverkusen that you cannot lose.
- Musiala being subbed in despite being massively overplayed to have him suffer a hamstring injury.

They probably knew that Tuchel had the opportunity to go somewhere else during summer break and let's be real, there were no coaches on a free market that could have been considered upgrades. He was the only one and Bayern had to strike.

And whilst the whole Tuchel doesn't fit with management-story is a repetitive narrative, here are the reasons why he got fired:

- Dortmund: Watzke is a flap and Tuchel tried really hard to be like one.

- Paris: Leonardo was a flap and got fired later on because he was a flap.

- Chelsea: A bunch of new flaps firing someone they don't agree with.

Tuchel isn't an easy guy but the management he's been dealt with wasn't easy either. Lets see how this rolls out, but this is the FC Hollywood I've grown to love.

My assumption is this was brewing up for some time now and certain things just happened over the course of the second half of the season.

- Musiala being subbed in despite being massively overplayed to have him suffer a hamstring injury.

They probably knew that Tuchel had the opportunity to go somewhere else during summer break and let's be real, there were no coaches on a free market that could have been considered upgrades. He was the only one and Bayern had to strike.

And whilst the whole Tuchel doesn't fit with management-story is a repetitive narrative, here are the reasons why he got fired:

Tuchel isn't an easy guy but the management he's been dealt with wasn't easy either. Lets see how this rolls out, but this is the FC Hollywood I've grown to love.
What are your thoughts on Hasan Salihamidžić? I think he is a big problem overall at the club. He literally hovers over every managers shoulder micromanaging every aspect of the team.

Advertisement
What are your thoughts on Hasan Salihamidžić? I think he is a big problem overall at the club. He literally hovers over every managers shoulder micromanaging every aspect of the team.
He's better compared to what people give him credit for. His transfers have elevated the teams level and keep the team at the top for some. He also covered for Nagelsmann over and over and granted him the wish of firing the GK coach.

He didn't really micromanage a lot, not more than his predecessors.

He's better compared to what people give him credit for. His transfers have elevated the teams level and keep the team at the top for some. He also covered for Nagelsmann over and over and granted him the wish of firing the GK coach.

He didn't really micromanage a lot, not more than his predecessors.
It was obvious he and Nagelsmann weren't going to last when they removed him from the bench/lockerroom.

You are spot on with all of your points including those on Tuchel. I love him as a coach. My concerns are not his tactics.

But Hansi and now Nagelsman.

Julian was supposed to be the long term play. If he loses to PSG, go for it. But he didn’t. No doubt that “Neverkusen” is a bad loss as where others and other ties after the World Cup. To me, the timing is wrong.

I don’t think Tuchel was going to take a job (besides Bayern until the summer). Plus, if Nagelsmann lost vs Dortmund and Man City, you could then make a move.

I just think it was premature in terms of letting certain things play out. What if Tuchel fails? (he’s been put in a pressure cooker right off the bat) so it’s likely he fails through no fault of his own.

If he succeeds, sure, it looks great and all but definitely all eggs are now in the Tuchel basket and IMO, other jobs (Khan, board, etc) are on the line.

Advertisement
Dude... this has to be an ego play and Brazzo is who I think is behind this. I despise this guy. What director level employee sits next to the manager during games and goes in the lockerrrom. Guy is an absolute cancer imo.

I can’t even think about Tuchel right now because I think Nagelsmann got a raw deal here.
I didn’t like Brazzo for the whole thing that went down with Hansi. I thought he had learned from that but I don’t have an issue with his player acquisitions or evaluations.

You are spot on with all of your points including those on Tuchel. I love him as a coach. My concerns are not his tactics.

But Hansi and now Nagelsman.

Julian was supposed to be the long term play. If he loses to PSG, go for it. But he didn’t. No doubt that “Neverkusen” is a bad loss as where others and other ties after the World Cup. To me, the timing is wrong.

I don’t think Tuchel was going to take a job (besides Bayern until the summer). Plus, if Nagelsmann lost vs Dortmund and Man City, you could then make a move.

I just think it was premature in terms of letting certain things play out. What if Tuchel fails? (he’s been put in a pressure cooker right off the bat) so it’s likely he fails through no fault of his own.

If he succeeds, sure, it looks great and all but definitely all eggs are now in the Tuchel basket and IMO, other jobs (Khan, board, etc) are on the line.

Tuchel looks exactly like my CEO so I can't look at him and not laugh lol. On a serious note, he's walking into a tough spot with Dortmund then Man city here early. I still think Bayern wins both leagues but man what a time to do this. I don't know how bad Haaland's hamstring injury is but what a gift if he's not playing...

Tuchel looks exactly like my CEO so I can't look at him and not laugh lol. On a serious note, he's walking into a tough spot with Dortmund then Man city here early. I still think Bayern wins both leagues but man what a time to do this. I don't know how bad Haaland's hamstring injury is but what a gift if he's not playing...
I think Haaland issue is precautionary. I don’t see him missing CL games.

Advertisement
Same old story this year. Playing down to opponents regardless of manager. Yesterday was a goofy loss.
I hated all of the lob passes and little flick passes. Just shoot the **** ball.

Leroy Sane was 1v1 against the keeper on a bit of an angle as was Müller another time. Both times they choose to try and slide the ball to the center where there were 3 defenders one the one guy making the run. Why attempt the pass? The higher percentage play is to try and shoot. Upper corner, far corner. Maybe you get a rebound.

The final 3rd play is atrocious without Lewy.

The 2nd half, we had possession but no one is moving. Every body is just standing there. No runs being made. No one moving.

Just maddening.

Enough with Mane and a back 4. Can’t leave Phonzie on the bench for Cancelo.

Cancelo plays better on the right anyway. Totally weakened the team to keep Pavard and Cancelo happy and both likely won’t be here next year anyway.

Play your future that have earned it (Phonzie and Musiala).

I hated all of the lob passes and little flick passes. Just shoot the **** ball.

Leroy Sane was 1v1 against the keeper on a bit of an angle as was Müller another time. Both times they choose to try and slide the ball to the center where there were 3 defenders one the one guy making the run. Why attempt the pass? The higher percentage play is to try and shoot. Upper corner, far corner. Maybe you get a rebound.

The final 3rd play is atrocious without Lewy.

The 2nd half, we had possession but no one is moving. Every body is just standing there. No runs being made. No one moving.

Just maddening.

Enough with Mane and a back 4. Can’t leave Phonzie on the bench for Cancelo.

Cancelo plays better on the right anyway. Totally weakened the team to keep Pavard and Cancelo happy and both likely won’t be here next year anyway.

Play your future that have earned it (Phonzie and Musiala).
Fire Brazzo

Advertisement
Back