Soccer Official soccer/futbol thread (Europe/USA).

Advertisement
That was Mickey Mouse ****.

I have a feeling Neuer is done at Bayern. Him and Nagelsman done’t get along.

Kimmich will become Captain and then either Sommer will be the keeper or they bring back Nübel from AS Monaco.

Neuer ****ed up with that whole skiing incident and that opened the door. He’s 37 and I just think Bayern will leave it up to him to either compete and accept fate or move on.
Much like 1940, the Germans were met with very little resistance in Paris this week.

Alot of people are telling me that Bayern should be worried about the 2nd game in Munich. All I saw was a poor PSG team getting dominated by a Bayern team playing at B- level game. Mbappe is a great talent but that PSG team sucks and he's a bad teammate.

Much like 1940, the Germans were met with very little resistance in Paris this week.

Alot of people are telling me that Bayern should be worried about the 2nd game in Munich. All I saw was a poor PSG team getting dominated by a Bayern team playing at B- level game. Mbappe is a great talent but that PSG team sucks and he's a bad teammate.
Bayern were a bit toothless despite their dominance. Their play in the final 3rd was putrid. Should’ve won 3-0.

PSG is terrible. No team cohesion and to me, Neymar is a way bigger problem than MBappe. He made a difference when he came in.

Despite the red card in the final minute, I thought Pavard was exceptional and he got into Neymar’s head from early on the game. He completely pocketed Neymar.

Bayern were a bit toothless despite their dominance. Their play in the final 3rd was putrid. Should’ve won 3-0.

PSG is terrible. No team cohesion and to me, Neymar is a way bigger problem than MBappe. He made a difference when he came in.

Despite the red card in the final minute, I thought Pavard was exceptional and he got into Neymar’s head from early on the game. He completely pocketed Neymar.
Thought the same about Pavard. Both Bayern and the national team dropped him at one point but this new formation has given him a new opportunity. I honestly haven't been this excited about a schematic change ever lol. De Ligt is somewhat clumsy but you can count on him to make any challenge and likes to push the ball forward. The amount of ground Upa covers in a match is incredible. Guy has incredible stamina and generally plays really well.

Going to be interesting to see who fills that role next game. My guess is they move to a back 4 but I would be totally fine with keeping the back 3 and letting Stanisic play there. This world cup really screwed a few teams with injuries and Hernandez is a big loss.

Advertisement
Thought the same about Pavard. Both Bayern and the national team dropped him at one point but this new formation has given him a new opportunity. I honestly haven't been this excited about a schematic change ever lol. De Ligt is somewhat clumsy but you can count on him to make any challenge and likes to push the ball forward. The amount of ground Upa covers in a match is incredible. Guy has incredible stamina and generally plays really well.

Going to be interesting to see who fills that role next game. My guess is they move to a back 4 but I would be totally fine with keeping the back 3 and letting Stanisic play there. This world cup really screwed a few teams with injuries and Hernandez is a big loss.
Totally agree.

I think they likely switch to a back 4 with Phonzie on the left and Cancelo on the right. De Ligt and Upa as the CB’s.

Plus, Mane is supposed to be back for the 2nd leg. I’d also like to see Coman on the right, Sane on the left with Musiala and Müller playing together.

I am a back 4 traditionalist but I think they finally have the personnel to play with a back 3 but I hate to sacrifice Müller and especially Phonzie vs the MBappe speed, which is the dangerous part of the PSG offense. Their midfield is trash but all it takes is one ball and he’s through.

Totally agree.

I think they likely switch to a back 4 with Phonzie on the left and Cancelo on the right. De Ligt and Upa as the CB’s.

Plus, Mane is supposed to be back for the 2nd leg. I’d also like to see Coman on the right, Sane on the left with Musiala and Müller playing together.

I am a back 4 traditionalist but I think they finally have the personnel to play with a back 3 but I hate to sacrifice Müller and especially Phonzie vs the MBappe speed, which is the dangerous part of the PSG offense. Their midfield is trash but all it takes is one ball and he’s through.
This.

LOL would be funny. They actually spend money and we’d win.

I gets even better - Pool get saddled with massive Glazer debt and a disjointed nickel-and-dime transfer strategy, and City return to being the second best team (with the second biggest budget) in Manchester.

BOOM!

Last edited:
I gets even better - Pool get saddled with massive Glazer debt and a disjointed nickel-and-dime transfer strategy, and City returns to being the second best team (with the second biggest budget) in Manchester.

BOOM!

LOL

Advertisement

960x0.jpg

The biggest club in the world eliminates Barcelona. Frenkie de Jong looked like he had a huge regret.

Advertisement
Advertisement
CMONNNNNN

The picture with all of the reactions was absolute gold. Gabriel and Ode hit the ground, Saliba no clue what to do, Martinelli kicking the ball, White yelling at the keeper, Reiss cool as can be, and the entire staff on the pitch.

Also, one of our more prolific posters is quiet today. Wonder why.

The picture with all of the reactions was absolute gold. Gabriel and Ode hit the ground, Saliba no clue what to do, Martinelli kicking the ball, White yelling at the keeper, Reiss cool as can be, and the entire staff on the pitch.

Also, one of our more prolific posters is quiet today. Wonder why.
Probably 7 reasons why.

Advertisement
Back