Soccer Official soccer/futbol thread (Europe/USA).

Title of the thread should be changed to premier league. Is all people talk about here.
I'm a Barca fan and really like some of the young talent they have, Gavi and Pedri in particular. It was nice to see Xavi win his first trophy as a coach last weekend but they are still a long way away from truly competing in Europe. I'm not sure how'll they will get there with the financial mess they're in.

Advertisement
I'm a Barca fan and really like some of the young talent they have, Gavi and Pedri in particular. It was nice to see Xavi win his first trophy as a coach last weekend but they are still a long way away from truly competing in Europe. I'm not sure how'll they will get there with the financial mess they're in.

They are doing pretty good even with their financial mess.
Raphinha, Lewandowski, Dembele are as good as any front three in Europe.

They just need more depth, stop overspending and focus in La Masia again.

Team USA-Mexico division looks creative on O and lazy on D. Tied 1 to 1 at half against Croatia’s C team…..

And he does it again! Oh wait the linesman called offsides even though he wasn’t. Still 1 to 2 bad guys

Advertisement
Team USA-Mexico division looks creative on O and lazy on D. Tied 1 to 1 at half against Croatia’s C team…..
The game and event displayed everything wrong with the US soccer federation.

The optics were terrible - empty stadium. Ticket prices were outrageous for a January post- WC friendly between the B and C squads. US soccer should set these ticket prices to something affordable to get people into the game. The goal should be to grow the game not profit. Fill that stadium with kids from the local LA youth clubs. Engage the youth.

The US roster was a missed opportunity. Get the young USMNT players in the pool on the field. Enough Zimmerman whose cowardice at the wall cost the team at least a draw. Sure, you'll rely on mostly MLS players for this window but at least get the youngsters in the mix.

Cade Cowell and Jalen Neal were bright spots last night. Gaga Slonina at keeper at 18 years of age was a surprise and he will be worth watching as he develops. America does a great job developing keepers, but we need to work on developing technical midfielders and playmaking attackers.

“During his five years with United, he amassed over 150 appearances and scored 59 goals, winning two Premier League titles and reached the 2011 UEFA Champions League Final, as well as setting the then record for the fifth-best minutes-per-goal ratio (130.2) in league history.”

Last year at this point, City was at the top of the table by 8 points. This year, City is second by 5 points, and the leader has a game in hand. Haaland = 16 point swing in the wrong direction.

The poacher is scoring tap-ins at an impressive rate, though.
After 20 games last year city had 50 pts this year they have 45 your math is wrong.
After 20 united had 37 pts this year 39 but you thin they are in the title race.

Advertisement
After 20 games last year city had 50 pts this year they have 45 your math is wrong.
After 20 united had 37 pts this year 39 but you thin they are in the title race.
I wasn't referring to their absolute points total. I was referring to City's relative position in the league table compared to last year. That is the more important metric when determining the value that the poacher has brought to his club so far this year.

The United reference was just to compare Haaland to another famous poacher.

Holy ****, Liverpool is terrible this year. Not too long ago, Middlepool fans were calling us Midtable United. How times have changed.

Screenshot_2023-02-04-13-19-59-31_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
feel so very bad for them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back