Soccer Official soccer/futbol thread (Europe/USA).

Advertisement
So along with Everton who else will get relegated?
This year's relegation battle is insane. 8 teams within 5 points of each other. I am going Soton and Bournemouth.

I hate seeing Everton down there. They have had so many USMNT players over the years, along with Fulham.

3 more for Haaland. Scored more than some teams who cares if they're all tap ins. FFS I would just like for Everton to score one from open play. Can't believe Frank hasn't been fired yet

Advertisement
Apparently Frank Lampart has been sacked.
Bielsa is the current favorite for the job. Not sure any manager could keep this team up, but they will be fun to watch.

Apparently Frank Lampart has been sacked.
Bielsa is the current favorite for the job. Not sure any manager could keep this team up, but they will be fun to watch.
Was hoping Frank would stick around for ****nal, but think the move makes sense to make now given the time before the next match.

Advertisement
3 more for Haaland. Scored more than some teams who cares if they're all tap ins. FFS I would just like for Everton to score one from open play. Can't believe Frank hasn't been fired yet
Can’t get a shot off at home against United, and then taps in 2 and a penalty against a team that’s about to be relegated.

Crown him!

Advertisement
Would love to be that awful. EFC haven't won anything since 1995. We could have been Man City but Kenwright wanted to be kept as chairman. . 1995 !
I feel your pain, my best mate happens to be Everton. He doesn’t smile as much anymore

Can’t get a shot off at home against United, and then taps in 2 and a penalty against a team that’s about to be relegated.

Crown him!
You're letting your hate get you a bit blinded. The guy has 25 goals in 18 games. Some are going to be tap ins, some are going to be penalties. He is smashing the records right now and has already eclipsed the last four golden boot winners in half of a season.

You're letting your hate get you a bit blinded. The guy has 25 goals in 18 games. Some are going to be tap ins, some are going to be penalties. He is smashing the records right now and has already eclipsed the last four golden boot winners in half of a season.
I agree that he's a great poacher, has probably surpassed Kane as the best poacher in the EPL. It remains to be seen if that will eventually translate into, you know, club success.

Right now, he's just a glorified Chicharito.

Advertisement
I agree that he's a great poacher, has probably surpassed Kane as the best poacher in the EPL. It remains to be seen if that will eventually translate into, you know, club success.

Right now, he's just a glorified Chicharito.
Chicharito scored 31 goals in six seasons with Man U. Haaland has 25 in 19 games.

Chicharito scored 31 goals in six seasons with Man U. Haaland has 25 in 19 games.

“During his five years with United, he amassed over 150 appearances and scored 59 goals, winning two Premier League titles and reached the 2011 UEFA Champions League Final, as well as setting the then record for the fifth-best minutes-per-goal ratio (130.2) in league history.”

Last year at this point, City was at the top of the table by 8 points. This year, City is second by 5 points, and the leader has a game in hand. Haaland = 16 point swing in the wrong direction.

The poacher is scoring tap-ins at an impressive rate, though.

Last edited:
Was hoping Frank would stick around for ****nal, but think the move makes sense to make now given the time before the next match.

Would be a good hire for the Blues. El Loco Bielsa has shown he can do more with less. He'll be able to get something out of that roster.

Advertisement
Back