****Official Herman vs Fuente Thread****

They failed to convert, but that's the right decision to go for it on 4th down twice in the red zone. Field goal doesn't do you any good when you're down 13 with 10:00 left in the game and your defense can't get off the field if not for unforced errors.

Advertisement
LOL at take Herman off the list because Missouri job opened. These dudes aren't joined at the hip other than one hiring the other and then running to another job.

LOL at take Herman off the list because Missouri job opened. These dudes aren't joined at the hip other than one hiring the other and then running to another job.

I'm not sayin give up on Herman at all. Just that Mizzou will make a serious run for him.

Advertisement
I think Herman is better than Fuente just because he is doing this in his first year and also because Fuente may have the best QB in CFB.

Houston is fighting like ****. Never thought this game would be so close and entertaining after the way the first half unfolded.

Memphis leads, 34-28, with 5:49 left. Some may question Herman's decision to go for it on 4th down twice in the red zone on their previous fourth quarter series depending on how this game ends, but I thought it was the right approach. Their defense had been getting mauled and Memphis' fumble was an unforced error. Couldn't count on Lynch making an uncharacteristic mistake like he did on the ensuing drive.

Last edited:
I don't like that Memphis is not trying to pressure this Houston QB. I feel like they've lost their edge since Ward went out, combined with a more balanced approach from Houston on offense. They had completely throttled them up until that point.

Advertisement
Houston is fighting like ****. Never thought this game would be so close and entertaining after the way the first half unfolded.

Memphis leads, 34-28, with 5:49 left. Some may question Herman's decision to go for it on 4th down twice in the red zone on their previous fourth quarter series depending on how this game ends, but I thought it was the right approach. Their defense had been getting mauled and Memphis' fumble was an unforced error. Couldn't count on Lynch making an uncharacteristic mistake like he did on the ensuing drive.
Yep. I thought he should have kicked it but he went for it and got rewarded for the ballsy call on the next drive with the INT.

I don't like that Memphis is not trying to pressure this Houston QB. I feel like they've lost their edge since Ward went out, combined with a more balanced approach from Houston on offense. They had completely throttled them up until that point.

adjustments

Advertisement
Love the call on that out and up vertical shot. They had it, but the receiver double caught it as he went out of bounds to result in an incompletion.

Advertisement
This has been a fun game to watch...Houston really is showing some guts coming back like this...I really hope we're talking to reps for both of these coaches.

Advertisement
Back