****Official Herman vs Fuente Thread****

Didn't like Herman's post game comment about the players trusting their training. Reminded me of Frauldenspeak.

They did trust their training and the coaches trusted them. They weren't looking at the sidelines and were getting lined up pretty quickly considering, unlike what our guys do. And their training doesn't suck.

Advertisement
I said this game mattered to me.

The result says Herman is the better option for Miami.

Fuente to Mizzou, Herman to Miami.

Leggo!

crossover22[]_[];2371157 said:
Memphis should have won. Lost on a kick.

Give me either coach

Buddy missed a 48-yard FG attempt in the closing seconds. Elliott's 8-of-14 from 40-49 yards over the last 2 years. It's not like he shanked a chip shot and UH got lucky.

Agree that I'd take either coach, but don't agree at all that Memphis should have won. Houston earned that victory.

Didn't like Herman's post game comment about the players trusting their training. Reminded me of Frauldenspeak.

Not all training is created equal. If I was a player, I wouldn't trust Folden's training. That being said, can either of these guys recruit well? Heart alone will not cut it at the next level.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Give me either coach

Buddy missed a 48-yard FG attempt in the closing seconds. Elliott's 8-of-14 from 40-49 yards over the last 2 years. It's not like he shanked a chip shot and UH got lucky.

Agree that I'd take either coach, but don't agree at all that Memphis should have won. Houston earned that victory.

**** yeah Houston earned that one.

Hosmer should've been out at the plate too. You make things happen when you put the pressure on the other team to make plays.

Advertisement
Bro I'm scared bro, what if he doesn't know Miami bro. We need a recruiter bro. Bring Back Butch Bro.

that should be us celebrating like that this time next year with him as our coach. Ain't gonna happen though too many mouth breathers in this fan base and the schools admins

The dopes at UM think we're in the market for a head recruiter, not a head coach. They're so wildly incompetent that Strong and Cristobal are supposedly two of the coaches they like the most. Shalala being gone is great, but the others responsible for Golden being here for 5 years are still around in positions of power and influence. We're f*****.

I have no rational reason to believe the program-destroying ******** in our administration will even consider Herman. But I've felt all along that the brief period between Golden's inevitable termination and the hiring of the next unqualified hack would be the most enjoyable time to be a Miami fan in the last 10 years. Seeing so much smoke about Cristobal and Strong is already killing all of that.

Bro I'm scared bro, what if he doesn't know Miami bro. We need a recruiter bro. Bring Back Butch Bro.

that should be us celebrating like that this time next year with him as our coach. Ain't gonna happen though too many mouth breathers in this fan base and the schools admins

The dopes at UM think we're in the market for a head recruiter, not a head coach. They're so wildly incompetent that Strong and Cristobal are supposedly two of the coaches they like the most. Shalala being gone is great, but the others responsible for Golden being here for 5 years are still around in positions of power and influence. We're f*****.

I have no rational reason to believe the program-destroying ******** in our administration will even consider Herman. But I've felt all along that the brief period between Golden's inevitable termination and the hiring of the next unqualified hack would be the most enjoyable time to be a Miami fan in the last 10 years. Seeing so much smoke about Cristobal and Strong is already killing all of that.

This job is about being able to COACH!!!! If you can teach these athletic savages how to play the game of football and simplify it to the point that they can release that athleticism without thinking, you have the cheat code to winning forever.

That's all Butch did with those boys man.

Herman is the guy, #1 in my opinion.

That said, where Fuente has the Memphis program right now is a god **** miracle. That guy is as legit as they come.

I hope Flake knows these 2 names and interviews both. I think Herman is the next monster in CFB, but if the admin ***** up and Fuente is hired I'll be fine with that.

I thought the most interesting aspect was Paxton Lynch mugging for the camera and all but assuming a victory early 4th quarter with a 34-14 lead. Then he proceeds to throw a stupid interception that turned the tide. He also threw a 30 yard deep sideline pass on 3rd and 5 when a first down was desperately needed. The color commentator properly scalded that play call.

If that had been a big league high profile game with the same circumstances there would have been quite a bit of related chatter. Instead, we celebrate slow starts and blown leads alike. We love everybody involved. They can do no wrong. I'm reading a thread celebrating great defense in a game that ended up 35-34. Yeah, Nick Saban would be satisfied.

That's the guy you have to beat. I guarantee even Urban Meyer was surprised at how many points Ohio State hung on Alabama last season. It wouldn't happen again. That was a comparatively woeful Alabama defense. I mentioned the other day that Alabama's defense was legit again after two subpar years, and that Oklahoma finally had an excellent pass defense, easily the best once since the title year of 2000.

I can't get excited about any coach if I'm not convinced they would prioritize holding the opponent to 6 yards or less per pass. Pass defense dictates outcomes at highest level, even if you'll never read about it anywhere except from me.

Advertisement

Give me either coach

I would have to disagree with the following...not about the FG.

With 9:36 left in the game, Memphis stopped Houston and had a 13 point lead with the ball. With 8:08 left in the game, Lynch threw his 3rd INT of the season. He made a bad read and Roberts made a good play. Okay, 1 turnover, no big deal. Houston scores with 5:49 left in the game. The other turnover (in the 4th Q) was a case of oops and luck. When Dorceus dropped that pitch, on his own, that was some fortunate event for Houston.

I don't know, Memphis seemed to have this game and even stopped UH with a lead of 13 in the 4th Quarter. I think Memphis should have won. A lot of unusual events seemed to happened at the same time for UH. That fumble and INT, besides the 7 points UH got, prevented Memphis from taking some decent time of the clock. Both of those turnover drives were less than 2mins each.

At the end of the day, you have to play better in the 4th Q.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back