****Official Herman vs Fuente Thread****

Advertisement
Three returning starters on defense and they are shutting this Houston offense down.

Fuente would be a great hire. Not sure why people don't want him.

Would be even better if he could bring his old DC from previous years at Memphis that went to Mizzou this offseason. I know that guys is a Mizzou alum, but Pinkel is stepping down after the season, so he could be out too. I'd imagine Fuente is a big time candidate there though.
I think he ends up there too

You can forget about Herman, with the retirement of Gary Pinkel at Missouri things changed quickly. Mack Rhoades the Missouri AD, hired Herman when he was in Houston and will go after him for Missouri this coming week. Herman is comfortable with Rhodes and Missouri is a huge step up from Houston. Take Herman off the list.

You can forget about Herman, with the retirement of Gary Pinkel at Missouri things changed quickly. Mack Rhoades the Missouri AD, hired Herman when he was in Houston and will go after him for Missouri this coming week. Herman is comfortable with Rhodes and Missouri is a huge step up from Houston. Take Herman off the list.
I think Fuente ends up at Missouri. Have no idea where Herman ends up. Missouri is possible too but for some reason I think he ends up at a more high profile gig

Advertisement

I think Fuente ends up at Missouri. Have no idea where Herman ends up. Missouri is possible too but for some reason I think he ends up at a more high profile gig

I was gonna say that too Felix. New Mizzou AD hired Herman at UH. He is definitely gonna do all he can to get Herman there.

They do have that relationship. I would like Mr Rhoades at UM as our AD.

Last edited:
Memphis was already in complete control when Ward got injured at the end of the first half, but it's impressive that Herman's offense rallied for a couple scoring drives to make it briefly competitive with a third-string QB who started the season as a WR. As they mentioned during the broadcast, backup QB Adam Schulz is out for the season with a torn ACL. Postma looks like a very limited player.

Fuente's squad will likely run away with this in the second half.

What good coach is going to want a gig where the inmates run the asylum? They might as well turn Mizzou football into a leper colony.

Advertisement
You can't go wrong with either of these two.

For once I wish we could be ahead of curve instead of going with a lazy hire.

The wounds left from the once promising and up-and-coming Al Golden are still fresh in everyones' mind.

Memphis was already in complete control when Ward got injured at the end of the first half, but it's impressive that Herman's offense rallied for a couple scoring drives to make it briefly competitive with a third-string QB who started the season as a WR. As they mentioned during the broadcast, backup QB Adam Schulz is out for the season with a torn ACL. Postma looks like a very limited player.

They're playing better with the backup.

Love what I'm seeing from this Memphis team on the road. Creative offense, physical defense and a business like approach.

They've been much more balanced since Ward went out. Seemed too much of a one-man show while he was in there.

Advertisement

They've been much more balanced since Ward went out. Seemed too much of a one-man show while he was in there.

They have had a chit ton of success with Ward leading this team.

Advertisement

They do have that relationship. I would like Mr Rhoades at UM as our AD.
Getting a real AD is so much more important than getting a real coach right now. If they fired Blake when they fired golden we would have been in great shape.

What good coach is going to want a gig where the inmates run the asylum? They might as well turn Mizzou football into a leper colony.

I don't know man. It's not like the players threatened to strike over not enough walkin around money.

Advertisement
Back