Official fire Urban Meyer thread

Urban wears out as each new conference adjusts to his offense. He will be looking for a new place to land soon. If he can’t get the ND job then the PAC 10 or ACC is likely. Miami fits the profile of UF and OSU. Prior NC and great recruiting history. He is a smuck and I hate his offense but he would bring number 6.

Advertisement
Losing to an unranked and less talented team on the road due to an incompetent OL and poor QB play, Inexcusable! Can you imagine? Great coaches never lose

Who cares about where the program is heading!

Mike leach and Lane kiffin need to be in Columbus by Monday. Already sent the emails, trust me I know more than everyone because I have an account at canesinsight

Tune in next week when we fire Nick saban for losing to a less talented LSU team on the road.

EDIT**
remember when a lot of you commenting on this wanted Schiano to be our HC ? Good times. Or when we criticized richt for hiring Diaz? Even better

He gets credit for offense struggling but no credit for the best hire in college football arguably in diaz

Fantastic!!! And the haters won't get it, which is hilarious.

One would think an individual of average intelligence would be able to adequately differentiate Meyer's results from Rick's.

One would think an individual of average intelligence would be able to adequately differentiate the spelling of Coach Richt's name versus "Rick's".

Losing to an unranked and less talented team on the road due to an incompetent OL and poor QB play, Inexcusable! Can you imagine? Great coaches never lose

Who cares about where the program is heading!

Mike leach and Lane kiffin need to be in Columbus by Monday. Already sent the emails, trust me I know more than everyone because I have an account at canesinsight

Tune in next week when we fire Nick saban for losing to a less talented LSU team on the road...

Point taken, but not one legitimately made between Miami of last several years and OSU of same.

They have legitimately been in the CFP conversation; Miami has not.

Of course great teams lose to lesser talent on occassion, but when it happens with greater frequency, watch out.

Based on OSUs now 2 year losses to seemingly much less talented teams, does Oscar Meyer prove it an abberation or has an actual paper tiger been lit on fire? We shall see very soon, especially if Jimmy H runs up the score in late November (you know he will hang 100 with no mercy if he can).

Im kinda leaning towards the smoke and flames myself.

Hes already won a title and proven himself dont compare MR to one of the best cfb coaches in cfb to fit your narrative that fans are over reacting.

Bad example

He is not comparing them, you clown. He is saying even the best teams lose in cfb on the road at night. The dumb *** canes fans saying Richt should be fired are overreacting. The only idiots that are constantly posting negative **** about the canes on this forum are trolls and idiot fans. You, my friend, have been super busy recently. And your videos are whack. No real dudes are on the internet trying to become someone. That is all

Advertisement
Its going to be you. Richt doesn't beat teams that have more talent then him. They didn't love Richt. They where all celebrating when Richt got canned. Do you not follow recruiting at all? Georgia HS talent skyrocketed in the late 90s early 00s. Prior to that it was just another state that liked football. Richt came in right when they became a football powerhouse. He was able to capitalize on having large boosters and being the only competitive P5 team in the 4th most talented football state. Any decent coach would have had a similar or better record at UGA during that time frame. Just look at what Kirby has done in such a short period of time. UGA fans still talk **** about Richt and how happy they are to have finally given him the boot.

This dude has mentioned Richt name 1,200 times in the month of October alone, what kind of obsession is that?

Advertisement
Man that guy who took UMs place when he was out for lying had the team on cruise control and droped 77 on Oregon State. Couldnt have happened to a more deserving coach, and I think everyone knew UM was going to have one of these this season.

Nobody is saying richt is as good as Meyer

Although you're wrong and historically Meyer has games like this yearly (Iowa last year )

The point is that richt has changed our program entirely in a short time and calling for his head aftee a 10 win season and chance to win the coastal for only the second time ever and go back to ACCCG is moronic
^^^^^this 100.

You'd think that this would be obvious but it clearly isn't. But let's simplify (very simple) for certain people, like OP. Also, this response isn't about Richt, per se.

1. Nobody is perfect. Bad things happen even to the best of the best.

2. There are certain coaches who have earned the benefit of the doubt. This obviously is an opinion but if a coach is currently and consistently: (a) winning their conference, (b) making the playoffs and/or (c) competing for NCs then they have earned the benefit of the doubt . This doesn't mean that bad things don't happen, it just means that because of the above, they get a pass.

So in terms of earning the obvious benefit of the doubt, here are three examples (in no particular order):

1. Saban
2. Urban
3. Dabo
-----------------------------the benefit of the doubt -----------------------------

3. Just because you have earned the benefit of the doubt doesn't mean you get to keep it forever. At one point, Mack Brown was on top of the world (or one of these coaches). Look at his tenure from 2001-2009. He won the NC, competed for another and had 4 BCS appearances (3-1). During this span, Texas averaged 11.2 wins per season. During this time, things were good at UT, sure there were times they lost to inferior teams (like 02 at TTU) but clearly the overall product was pretty darn good.

After that tenure, we know what happened. We know the results from 2010-2013 were drastically inferior. It wasn't one bad season or one bad game, it was multiple sub-par seasons and multiple bad games. So although Mack Brown accomplished a lot, it was his recent tenure that mattered. Brown could no longer rely on his track record because his track record began to stink. When the sample size became so obvious and the team wanted more, it was time to move on. Sometimes you are or become your sample size. Sometimes it is obvious you have or now have a ceiling.

4. [In general] Where does that leave us? Those three coaches get a pass when bad stuff happens. If things go the Mack Brown route, then I assure you they will lose the benefit of the doubt.

Does this really need to be said?

Advertisement
Hes already won a title and proven himself dont compare MR to one of the best cfb coaches in cfb to fit your narrative that fans are over reacting.

Bad example

Richt won 2 Natty's & 2 Heismans at FSU running offense and coaching QBs, then won 10 games for 15 years and made 2 SEC championships at UGA. Urban Meyer goes to schools with enormous budgets to out-resource and out-talent the competition, but royally ****s the bed without other head coaches (Tom Herman) running his team (offense).

"One of the best college football coaches"? I think not.

Bad example, friend.

Richt won 2 Natty's & 2 Heismans at FSU running offense and coaching QBs, then won 10 games for 15 years and made 2 SEC championships at UGA. Urban Meyer goes to schools with enormous budgets to out-resource and out-talent the competition, but royally ****s the bed without other head coaches (Tom Herman) running his team (offense).

Bad example, friend.

LOLOL so now we are giving Richt national titles to his name?

It is proven that lower IQ folks are afraid of change, crave order and conformity. This is why these folks come to the defense of every corch we have had.

Advertisement

Bad example, friend.
Uh ...dude won 3 national titles with 2 different teams in 8 years and wasn't even coaching for 2 of those years. FAIL.

Personal attacks
@Earnest T. Bass you must be new here, or as outdated as Rick's offense.

You've proven once again that stupid is incurable. One cannot express the comfort I take in knowing that offensive geniuses like you are watching over Coach Mark Richt.

When I read brilliant comments such as yours I can't help but wonder how many years you were a head coach or offensive coordinator for a Division One College Football Program or was it all the time you spent coaching in the NFL?

What I wouldn't pay to have dip shyts like you having a one-on-one conversation with Coach Richt about college football, particularly the offensive side of the game.

It has been said; "We live in a culture where everyone's opinion, view, and assessment of situations and people slither across social media, most of it anonymously, much of it shaped by mindless meanness and stupidity."

They're singing your song, simplycanes!

Advertisement
Back