Official fire Urban Meyer thread

Do you not see the lunacy in the crap comparison you're trying to make? But hey, whatever butters your ***, pal.

Yes, their respective track records as head coaches absolutely matters in trying to evaluate a loss like this. **** happens. Sometimes it happens to others more often.
Nobody is saying richt is as good as Meyer

Although you're wrong and historically Meyer has games like this yearly (Iowa last year )

The point is that richt has changed our program entirely in a short time and calling for his head aftee a 10 win season and chance to win the coastal for only the second time ever and go back to ACCCG is moronic

Advertisement
And Clemson is more talented than Syracuse and Pitt. Did they lose to them during their natty years cant remember?

And we stomped UNC

Point was that we lose to a less talented team every year.
2016 UNC followed by a few more
2017 Pitt
2018 UVA and we shall see if that’s it this year

Every coach will lose to a lesser talented team.
Not every coach will lose to one or more less talented team EVERY year.
LSU is as talented as us

Pitt was not last year, Clemson was more talented than us. Wisconsin was as talented as us
Is Urban Lier 5 and 5 in his last 10 games?
No but he's 0-1 in his last one. Inexcusable to lose, ever

Advertisement
I haven't watched the game at all. How in the **** have you only scored 13 points when your QB is 40/59 for 392 yards and only 1 TD with zero INT's?

Had to be some crazy stuff in this game.

Nobody is saying richt is as good as Meyer

Although you're wrong and historically Meyer has games like this yearly (Iowa last year )

The point is that richt has changed our program entirely in a short time and calling for his head aftee a 10 win season and chance to win the coastal for only the second time ever and go back to ACCCG is moronic

You're missing the point. I didn't say he doesn't have a few stink bombs on his resume. But the fact that you're trying to make this argument over a consensus top three coach who has won multiple national championships is idiotic. That buys you a few passes.

Point was that we lose to a less talented team every year.
2016 UNC followed by a few more
2017 Pitt
2018 UVA and we shall see if that’s it this year

Ohio State
VT ( won natty)
Iowa smoked them
2018 Purdue

Clemson
2016 pitt
2017 Syracuse

Alabama has only gone undefeated ONCE under saban and guess what, they've been the more talented team in every game they've ever played

Oh I get it, because both Mark Richt and Urban Meyer lost (assuming Buckeyes lose) to unranked teams and you think Rick critics are overreacting. I'll make the argument for keeping Meyer- he should get the benefit of the doubt because he has won 3 national titles. Also this is OSU's first loss so they are still in the playoff picture. Oh, and he has never been fired due to mediocrity.

Now you make the argument for giving Rick the benefit of the doubt.

Advertisement
Losing to an unranked and less talented team on the road due to an incompetent OL and poor QB play, Inexcusable! Can you imagine? Great coaches never lose

Who cares about where the program is heading!

Mike leach and Lane kiffin need to be in Columbus by Monday. Already sent the emails, trust me I know more than everyone because I have an account at canesinsight

Tune in next week when we fire Nick saban for losing to a less talented LSU team on the road.

You’re completely clueless......

Do you guys realize Richt has lost 3 games in a row twice since he's been at Miami. And if we make it to the ACCCG he'll probably do it again this year.

You're missing the point. I didn't say he doesn't have a few stink bombs on his resume. But the fact that you're trying to make this argument over a consensus top three coach who has won multiple national championships is idiotic. That buys you a few passes.
You're not really getting the point bud

Fire richt tomorrow and then who do we bring in? Games like UVA happen to every coach

People calling for a new HC are the same ppl calling for Diaz last year. Idiots who don't know football

Did richt call a good game against UVA? No, but he called a good enough game to win

Did Mahoney and the whole OL get BLOWN UP all game ? Yes, did our QBs throw 3 TERRIBLE picks ? Yes

It's all a factor

Advertisement
Advertisement
Never go full ******. With the track record Urban has no one would complain if he lays an egg once in a while. Purdue would crush Virginia.

Who are those guys? Yeah, Saban, Meyer, Swinney. Which one are we going after?

I’m not advocating for him to get fired.
But I have a big issue with what he is doing offensively. I don’t agree with a HC pretending to be the OC and I absolutely don’t agree with a HC taking a **** on all the nepotism rules and hiring his son as the QB coach.
I think it makes it impossible for him to be objective when analyzing the performance of the offense. It has not been good for three years now.
So to answer your question...if the time does come when we have to look for another coach I would hope they get the best available that will not compromise his staff by hiring his son as a position coach and pretending still be a coordinator. It is not necessary and it takes away his ability to do an unbiased evaluation of his staff.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back