OFFICIAL 2012 Recruiting THREAD

Golden did slip a few previously committed recruits away during his brief stint of 'recruiting' last season.

I wouldn't be surprised that they aren't still going after other recruits that have already committed elsewhere as well.

So I fully expect to see some more real surprises before NSD.
This. I anticipate he'll raid UF's class fo shizzle. Prolly PSU's also.

Advertisement
also at a glaring position of need.

1. top end talent in same county - check
2. galring position of need (could start right away) - check
3. Cane lock? - NOPE

smh

Are you hanging out with the kids? Know the parents and what they talk about to their kid everyday?

If you don't....why shake your head at situations you clearly don't understand? Perhaps the family has a relative up there in Nebraska? Oklahoma? Georgia?

maybe the parents are going to be relocated away from an area and the kid would like to go closer and can? Maybe....well....we haven't pressed the kid because we don't like him

to play it off like its Golden's fault....is certainly coming from a position of ignorance yes?

Ok, have a great week

When has UF ever had a strong presence in South Florida? Who cares, get me good players wherever they come from. BTW, is PBC not considered South Florida now? Interdasting.

While we've always targeted PBC as "South Florida," UM has never dominated it. FSU and UF have always done well there too. PBC is pretty diverse... there are a lot of different types of kids there, including Belle Glade, Dwyer, Delray Beach Atlantic, etc.

Avery Johnson and Amari Cooper have gotten away, along with the OC going to Oklahoma. It's just not FSU and UF that are cleaning up.

OC? Darlington? From Apopka? If that's who you mean, that a UF or FSU loss, not a Miami loss. Apopka isn't Miami territory.

Avery Johnson was a legacy somewhere else. I can handle that. Blood is often thicker than geography, and we know what's up with that family. Howard is more important to me.

You're right about Darlington. For some reason I had it in my mind he was from PBC.

No worries. He was also born and raised a Sooner FYI.

Advertisement
Avery Johnson and Amari Cooper have gotten away, along with the OC going to Oklahoma. It's just not FSU and UF that are cleaning up.

OC? Darlington? From Apopka? If that's who you mean, that a UF or FSU loss, not a Miami loss. Apopka isn't Miami territory.

Avery Johnson was a legacy somewhere else. I can handle that. Blood is often thicker than geography, and we know what's up with that family. Howard is more important to me.

You're right about Darlington. For some reason I had it in my mind he was from PBC.

No worries. He was also born and raised a Sooner FYI.
Yeah, I vaguely remember that. I pretty much stopped paying attention to recruiting from the time the Shapiro stuff came out until about two weeks ago. Wasn't enough going on and hated reading articles about how kids were concerned....

Muschamp = Zook?

Rough first season for Muschamp; he took over a bad situation but he sure didn't prove any doubters wrong and I think it is safe to say that his constant rage against referees will not earn him any calls on the field.

BTW: Howard is going to FSU, as of today.

Advertisement

The Center was always going to OU (parents alumns), but I get your point. I still feel like Golden has gotten most of the kids he wanted and it seemed like he lt Cooper go.

Larry Blu's pre-season Top 25 Dade kids...

1. Duke Johnson, RB
2. Deon Bush, DB
3. Ricardo Louis, ATH
4. Keith Brown, ATH
5. Eric Kinsey, DE/LB
6. AJ Leggett, CB
7. Amari Cooper, WR
8. DeAndre Jasper, WR
9. Torry Clayton, RB
10. James Burgess, LB/S
11. Donaldaveon Manning, CB
12. Herb Waters, ATH
13. Ereck Flowers, OL
14. Vernon Davis, CB
15. Bilal Marshall, QB
16. Andy Garcia, LB
17. Brandon Snell, WR
18. Brian Nicholson, LB
19. Imarjaye Albury, DL
20. Robert Conyers, OL
21. Brandon Radcliff, RB
22. Teko Powell, DT
23. Alfredo Richards, DL
24. Gheirry van der Kuyp. ATH
25. Imani Davis, ATH

Others committed:

David Thompson, QB
Larry Hope, CB

-----

Larry Blu's Top 25 in Broward

1. DB Tracy Howard
2. DE Jelani Hamilton
3. WR Avery Johnson
4. DB WIllie Bailey
5. WR Malcolm Lewis
6. OL Danny Isidora
7. ATL Kevis Jones
8. WR Justin Ferguson Flanagan
9. RB Macgarrett Kings
10. RB Dami Ayoola
11. DE Orlando David
12. WR Devonte Mathis
13. LB Josh Witt
14. DL Jean Marc Charles
15. DE Brian Cox Jr.
16. OL Kameron Davis
17. WR Fred McRae
18. DB Brandon Butle
19. DE Trevon Coley
20. RB/DB Camden Krohn
21. LB Cole Champion
22. RB/DB Adrian Burton
23. S Erick Hallmon
24. RB Traveon Henry
25. PK Marshall Morgan

BOLD are currently committed
Italics are players we are still recruiting or kids on the radar according to random sources

nice. THanks for summing that up.

If we could only land either Howard or Bush plus Powell and flip Brown again = Instant Depth

Muschamp = Zook?

Rough first season for Muschamp; he took over a bad situation but he sure didn't prove any doubters wrong and I think it is safe to say that his constant rage against referees will not earn him any calls on the field.

BTW: Howard is going to FSU, as of today.

Players notified?

I was hearing Malcom was in his ear about suiting up with him

Advertisement
I have learned were there is smoke there is fire. I have a bad gut feeling. Someone if you know different:foodnd: let me know. I going to reach out to my guy and see what he say's.

Advertisement
Rumors of Albert Jean Louis not qualifying.. Homestead kids visiting Louisville.. AJ Legget ain't coming... I have a bad feeling about this too. Were gonna end up with a bunch of Gabriel Kellys! *I'm only half-joking*

Seems like grades are always part of the issue when a player decommits...I understand having a high academic standards but when it comes to sports not every athlete is going to have outstanding grades. There hould be some exceptions for athletes at um

Advertisement
Back