OFFICIAL 2012 Recruiting THREAD

We have 82 kids on schollie. 17 SRs (i'm assuming that Ojomo gets his redshirt, otherwise we will have 18 SRs graduating). This leaves 20 open schollies for 2012 come August.

How are we going to open up 15 more schollies to get a class of 35? Golden will pretty much have to have every borderline underclassmen leave for the NFL (Streeter, Vernon, Ray Ray, Miller) and/or make a ton of tough decisions to let some of the undertalented but hardworking lunch pail types go (Calhoun, White, etc). This is in addition to the more obvious rumored attitude problems like Holton and the 5th year kids who should have graduated already (Ben Jones, Davon Johnson, etc).

Maybe someone can go down the roster and list 15 attrition candidates. I'm having a tough time with just 10.

Miller
Thompkins
Sanders
Calhoun
White
Ben Jones
Shayon Greene
Holton
Payne
Davon Johnson
Ray Ray

Advertisement
Darion Hall & Jeremy Lewis seem like they're going to have a rough time seeing the field.

Advertisement
Good, aside from the seniors leaving, there's underclassmen deadweight that needs to be cut.

Advertisement
they will be coached instead of corched. we will see improvements in the next couple years.

Currently committed:

Quarterback
1. Preston Dewey
2. Gray Crow (EE)
3. David Thompson

Running back
4. Duke Johnson
5. Danny Dillard

Wide receiver
6. D'Mauri Jones
7. Jontavious Carter
8. Ricquan Southward
9. Malcolm Lewis
10. Herb Waters

Tight end
11. Brandon Hollifield

Offensive line
12. Ereck Flowers (OT)
13. Taylor Gadbois (OT)

Defensive line
14. Jelani Hamilton (DE)
15. Dwayne Hoilett (DE)
16. Jake O'Donnell (DE)
17. Earl Moore (DT)

Linebacker
18. Raphael Kirby
19. Josh Witt
20. James Burgess
21. Reggie Northrup
22. Gabriel Terry (EE)

Cornerback
23. A.J. Leggett
24. Angelo Jean-Louis
25. Nate Dortch
26. Vernon Davis
27. Larry Hope

Safety
28. Rayshawn Jenkins -- I just wanna say I'm a BIG fan of this guy. I know this is sacrilege, but I saw a Sean Taylor-lite on his tape (I know, I know). Smooth runner, fluid hoops, good frame to add weight, and just an all-around baller.

The only early enrollees I've heard of so far are Crow and Terry. Any others? Maybe Flowers?

At this point, the only committed guys I'm worried about are Hamilton and Leggett (grades; I have a feeling he could have trouble with the clearinghouse). But let's say all 28 stick.

Other guys we're after:

Danny Isidora -- if Wisky wants him, he's good enough for me
Joshua Garnett -- he'd be a huge 5-star out-of-state pull at a position of need
Tracy Howard -- FSU?
Deon Bush -- everything I've heard says Auburn
Eddie Goldman -- heard FSU
Stefon Diggs -- seems like Michigan is in great shape
Wes Brown -- I'd love to pull him and Diggs
Lucas Thompson -- we were doing well early, but haven't heard much in a while
Sean Price -- it'd be killer to poach him along with Jenkins
Tony Grimes (JC) -- seems like he's ours if his grades check out
Travell Dixon (JC) -- Bama?
Gerald Bowman (JC) -- USC?
Keith Brown -- Zook might get ****canned before he even gets there
Trent Taylor -- maybe we can pull him back with Tennessee bottoming out

How many total can we sign, and who do we realistically close with?

I'd add Isidora and 1 of: Garnett and Sonny Odogwu on the OL
Price at TE
2 more DTs. No idea who, though.
Grimes in the secondary. Possibly Thompson, but I'm pretty sure his grades are a major issue. Possibly Travell Dixon, but I think he ends up at Bama.

I'd add Isidora and 1 of: Garnett and Sonny Odogwu on the OL
Price at TE
2 more DTs. No idea who, though.
Grimes in the secondary. Possibly Thompson, but I'm pretty sure his grades are a major issue. Possibly Travell Dixon, but I think he ends up at Bama.

Agree with you 100%. I think we're going see 2-3 juco kids commit(Grimes, Dorsey?, and a DT)

Advertisement
We need help on D !!! Juco is a quick fix and kids are more ready to play....Let's get the kids that can help right away...

Some kids that are EE's, if I recall...

Gray Crow
Angelo Jean Louis
Both Taylor Gadbois and Ereck Flowers
Most of our linebackers...Raphael Kirby, James Burgess, Josh Witt, Gabriel Terry

I recall something being said that Southward is a potential EE kid, too. If Northrup commits, he, too, might be an EE.

We are also recruiting more EE's now and will make pushes for a few more in December. Wouldn't shock me if we had well over 10 kids here early. Which would be great.

Advertisement
The Sean Taylor comparison is definitely sacrilege, but I love that this kid Jenkins plays all over the field. He had almost 400 yards rushing a couple weeks ago, and he's also played wide receiver and quarterback, as well as defensive back. I like getting kids in who excell at all these different positions.

QB:
Preston Dewey
Gray Crow
David Thompson

RB:
Duke Johnson
Danny Dillard

WR:
Jontavious Carter
D'Mauri Jones
Malcolm Lewis
Herb Waters
Ricquan Southward

TE:
Brandon Hollifield
Sean Price

OL:
Ereck Flowers
Taylor Gadbois
Danny Isadora
Joshua Garnett

DL:
Jelani Hamilton
Dwayne Hoilett
Jake O'Donnell
Earl Moore

LB:
Reggie Northrup
Raphael Kirby
James Burgess Jr.
Josh Witt
Gabriel Terry

CB:
AJ Leggett
Tony Grimes
Vernon Davis
Larry Hope
Nate Dortch
AJL

S:
Rayshawn Jenkins
Deon Bush or Lucas Thompson

I'm still holding out hope that we land one of the good council kids. Diggs can't be impressed watching UF and Auburn play offense like 11 retards throwing a football around and Miami is his dream school. Apparently the staff at Good Council don't care for us too much though.

Advertisement
Back