OFFICIAL 2012 Recruiting THREAD

I don't like counting Leggett out just yet. Everyone said there was no way Miller was getting in and he did. Let's just wait and see.

This is a great point. If leggett puts the work in he can get in. If he is willing to work his butt off and get into UM that would be a great indicator of his character as well.

Advertisement
I don't like counting Leggett out just yet. Everyone said there was no way Miller was getting in and he did. Let's just wait and see.

This is a great point. If leggett puts the work in he can get in. If he is willing to work his butt off and get into UM that would be a great indicator of his character as well.
i disagree

i think it would just mean that he really wants to be here and is close enough academically where working hard could result in him being able to qualify

i dont think it says anything about his character........what would have said more about his character is if he had busted his *** from the start and didnt put himself in this situation

i disagree

i think it would just mean that he really wants to be here and is close enough academically where working hard could result in him being able to qualify

i dont think it says anything about his character........what would have said more about his character is if he had busted his *** from the start and didnt put himself in this situation

So I guess Lamar Miller doesn't have great character then?

i disagree

So I guess Lamar Miller doesn't have great character then?
working to get your grades up when you otherwise wouldnt qualify is a sign of work ethic and dedication more than it is character

there are a gazillion examples of kids who graduated top of their class.......who have plenty of character issues.....plenty of smart people have character issues.....and plenty of idiots dont have character issues.....but are just idiots

frank gore........by all accepted educational definitions.......he was an idiot.....but his character could never be called into question.......he had his **** together......his priorities in order.....and always busted his *** to be the best he could in everything.....regardless of the end result

and now hes being rewarded for it

ditto for hester.......he had issues when he tried to qualify.....and once he got in.......it was said he had trouble learning the playbook which was why he was used the way he was........but he never had any character issues

then there are the idiots like bryce brown who never had any academic issues......but hes got character issues from here to next year

Last edited:
Advertisement
You didn't answer the question. Are you saying Lamar Miller doesn't have character? Because that's what you basically implied.
that isnt what i implied at all

miller never thought about changing his commit

leggett has only changed schools/commits numerous times because of his grades.........which is a sign of a character flaw.....it gives the appearance hes trying to find the easiest way out

why change so often if you are truly dedicated to doing what you need to do?

if one school tells you that you arent eligible because of your grades........somebody who has their **** together......takes what they have coming to them and works to overcome the situation........somebody who doesnt care......will leave and try their luck elsewhere

again........it isnt the grades issue that indicates a character flaw as much as it is his actions and reactions to said grade issues

Take as many as you can this year like USC, because we don't know what the NCAA sanctions are going to be next year.

I would normally agree with this, but then I heard that Aldarious Johnson was a "roadmap" kid and look how that turned out.

I would normally agree with this, but then I heard that Aldarious Johnson was a "roadmap" kid and look how that turned out.

With our lack of depth at CB it's a risk we must take this season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We finish with....

Grimes
Akbar
Howard
Price
KEITH BROWN (still think he ends up here before its all said and done)
1 or 2 more Linemen

Longshots who we probably wont get but finish in top 3

Diggs
Goldman
Wes Brown

Advertisement
The guy I know (who works for UM) has said look for at least 5 to 8 guys to be gone. He said the guys that hated last spring and fall camp are really going to hate it this year. Plus some are just going to be asked to leave. He also said the coaches feel there going to lose at least a few ships. So there going to take as many as they can. So it's going to be around 35 give or take.

The guy I know (who works for UM) has said look for at least 5 to 8 guys to be gone. He said the guys that hated last spring and fall camp are really going to hate it this year. Plus some are just going to be asked to leave. He also said the coaches feel there going to lose at least a few ships. So there going to take as many as they can. So it's going to be around 35 give or take.
Very interesting. One more reason to take some reaches this year. Because if the kid doesn't work out, they can move him on later, which will free up a spot even under reduced ships.

Lol how do we know Leggett won't be here?

He's switched schools like 5 times...

I haven't talked to AJ since the VA game, but the only thing that will keep him from getting into UM is if he has a change of heart. Kid is all UM and is working hard to get into it. Remember, unfortunately for him, he has poor role models and has a year old baby. All this while trying to go to Homestead for his last year to get some distance from bad elements and being able to focus, to moving back to his parents house and trying to raise his baby while dealing with his baby's mother.

Maybe he gets back to me sooner or later, but I know he's busting it hard.

And no, NJ is wrong, AJ did not switch back and forth from all these schools because of grades. He only did poorly at Gulliver.

Advertisement
Back