Offensive Coordinator

For the love of god no more threads about the play calling. That wasn't the problem tonight. He was rolled out, he was left in the the pocket, he ran a wild cat, he threw short, deep, intermediate, etc. he simply couldn't make a throw to save his life.

And yes I'll say it, there wasn't much more Richt could have done for him tonight. The kid is shot as a QB. He has one more game and that will be the end of it.
Honestly I'm not talking about play calling per say I'm talking about coaching. If we hired a offensive coordinator/qb coach that is a stud maybe we could get our qb playing a little better. What I want is more continuity with one really good play caller/ developer instead of 3 coaches doing one coaches job with co offensive coordinators and co qb coaches. Maybe try Jon as special teams coach idk what all he's savvy in but I don't like having 3 coaches in s qb ear. 1 is sufficient

3 coaches arent doing onejob. Thomas Brown is just the rb coach...he does nothing else. He is only oc by name to give him more money..dude probably doesnt call plays in practice. Richt's son does nothing but basically recruit. Richt is the only guy with a voice on offense to be honest

I know that Jon Richt is out there trying to develop qb by doing what his dad is telling him which doesn't qualify him as a good coach and is basically a waste of one of the 10 positions and brown helps install the game plan and some detail work, and if you asked both brown and Jon I'm sure they think higher of their jobs then we do hince an ego issue when three guys are in charge in some capacity of the offense or qb IMHO

Advertisement
It seems like some fans here always finding a problem with this team!! CMR doesn't have the roster some of these other big schools has, we have talent NO doubt BUT we not loaded yet!! Like Miami faced late in the season (the injury bug), when starter's go down it's a big drop off!! Walton went down and it was all Homer (and he did really good).. BUT Herndon and Richard's go down and we don't have the experience and same caliber player to replace them!! All that matters, the play calling change the flow of the offense change, a lot of changes occur when a offense loses it's 3 top weapons!!

SO we need to stop with the complaining, Miami lose some key players late in the season and it hurt our Canes big in the ACCCG.. And look how our player's was dropping like flies in that game as well, too many player's had to play hurt BECAUSE OF DEPTH ISSUES.. 11 GAMES STRAIGHT, trust me I sure Miami had more player's banged up them we know of!! OUR CANES RAN OUT OF GAS.. NOW we getting ready for Wisconsin, watch how different our Canes look against them after being able to rest and get healthy...

Advertisement
As much as I love Richt as a head coach I would love it if we had a more inavative OC. I know the play of Rosier makes Richt look bad but I would love to see Richt go out and hire Art Briles. I know he's tainted for what players did under his watch but I think everyone deserves a second chance sometimes and it's not like our players would be under his watch. I know he's probably got to bad of a reputation but I love his offense and respect his coaching ability.

I don't think CMR will relinquish his OC/play calling duties. He enjoys it too much. However, I believe he is humble enough to learn new ticks. As I mentioned on another thread, he could use a week each with Lincoln Riley, Scott Frost and Mike Norvell. That and a better OL and RB's could make him look like a genius.

I am also of the belief that offensive football has passed Richt by. We have the most simplistic offense in the entire ACC. No motion..no misdirection..no use of the middle of the field and half of the route tree seems to be out of our playbook. Highly predictable by formation and down and distance. You watch a team like Oklahoma who runs so many different formations with many route combos in the passing game its amazing. Then you watch us and it's like watching a pop warner team line up and snap it. Can't place all the blame on the short comings of Rozier some has to be on the ability to scheme and construct and real playbook capable of looking like modern offensive football.

It's not just a Rosier problem. Our running plays are so predictable and slow developing. 95% of the time, we run to the outside on the short side of the field.

Advertisement
I am also of the belief that offensive football has passed Richt by. We have the most simplistic offense in the entire ACC. No motion..no misdirection..no use of the middle of the field and half of the route tree seems to be out of our playbook. Highly predictable by formation and down and distance. You watch a team like Oklahoma who runs so many different formations with many route combos in the passing game its amazing. Then you watch us and it's like watching a pop warner team line up and snap it. Can't place all the blame on the short comings of Rozier some has to be on the ability to scheme and construct and real playbook capable of looking like modern offensive football.

when I stop seeing wide open receivers, I'll get down with this train of thought

can't run to the far side with OL that can't move. Ghost of Art Kehoe is still here. Donaldson is the only guy that can pull

Advertisement
Sorry shadow he is so far behind the curve he can't even see the curve. CMR is a very stubborn man as am I. I understand his strong belief in execution being the key however..........when you are up against a team with equal or greater executioners you MUST use some deception and creativity to gain an advantage. We are never gonna beat top 10 teams with this 2 set offense.

Rosier gets all the blame! But the online that can't open holes for our running backs is half the problem with the offense! What qb in America
can be good with this **** online? He does miss passes but why can't our run game help us out a little. Why is it all on the pass game?

Agree about the oline but Richt did do the right thang and roll the pocket a lot and rosier still overthrowing and missing receivers.

Yes he did. And it didn't help Rosier one bit! I said this weeks ago. There is nothing you can do to change the fact that the kid cant go thru progressions and his accuracy is terrible. But guys think that bringing in Mike Leach and Chris Peterson is going to change the fact that this guy cant throw.

Advertisement
honestly i hope we go after patterson for next year hear he wants to transfer out, he could play right away and he's a stud richt needs to talk to him give perry another year to develop

Advertisement
Back