Offensive Coordinator

Canesfreak89

Redshirt Freshman
As much as I love Richt as a head coach I would love it if we had a more inavative OC. I know the play of Rosier makes Richt look bad but I would love to see Richt go out and hire Art Briles. I know he's tainted for what players did under his watch but I think everyone deserves a second chance sometimes and it's not like our players would be under his watch. I know he's probably got to bad of a reputation but I love his offense and respect his coaching ability.

Advertisement
If Rosier hits the open guys no one is complaining about the play calling. We had an awful play call on 3rd down early screen to Berrios.. other than that, qb was missing everything.

Rosier gets all the blame! But the online that can't open holes for our running backs is half the problem with the offense! What qb in America
can be good with this **** online? He does miss passes but why can't our run game help us out a little. Why is it all on the pass game?

Advertisement
If Rosier hits the open guys no one is complaining about the play calling. We had an awful play call on 3rd down early screen to Berrios.. other than that, qb was missing everything.

Agree but my point is we have a QB that can't hit the open guy and that's a reflection on the offense. If your qb can't hit wide open guys your offense will not win you games and there's only so much leaning on the defense a team can do until it catches up with you, aka Clemson game tonight and Pitt game last week

Rosier gets all the blame! But the online that can't open holes for our running backs is half the problem with the offense! What qb in America
can be good with this **** online? He does miss passes but why can't our run game help us out a little. Why is it all on the pass game?

Agree about the oline but Richt did do the right thang and roll the pocket a lot and rosier still overthrowing and missing receivers.

Agree but my point is we have a QB that can't hit the open guy and that's a reflection on the offense. If your qb can't hit wide open guys your offense will not win you games and there's only so much leaning on the defense a team can do until it catches up with you, aka Clemson game tonight and Pitt game last week

How is it a reflection on the offense? should we run the option all game like GT?

Advertisement

What does that have to do with playcalling? You could have the best playcalling in the world but if you can't hit open guys, the result is the same.

Ritch has made a lot good decisions and obviously has revived the program but the one wrong decision he has made is making himself the OC.

Richt took the job in part caused he wanted to call plays. He is too stubborn to give that up. He is our OC. It sucks but it is what it is

Advertisement
I would like to see us with a more up tempo Clemson type of offense. I get tired of seeing these teams with all the offense like Clemson and Ohio state loaded up with Florida talent because they want to play in a high powered offense. I hope we have nkosi behind center next year with a more spread up tempo scheme that we can run and throw out of

could predict 80% of the play calling before the snap

And yet we still had guys open just as we've had all year long.

Look, I'm not gonna say I wouldn't like to see more of a mixup in formations, or a more diverse run game.. all I'm saying is, this one AND Pitt is because of 3 n outs, the inability to get a good run block push, and Rosier not being able to hit or find guys that could have made plays. When Thomas finally made a play, he fumbled. It's execution.

Advertisement

There are no magic plays. Very straight forward food for thought. Do you think Malik Rosier could execute Clemson’s offense? If you’ve watched all season then you know the answer is a big NO. His screen passes suck, his regular passes suck. We don’t know what other plays we
Have to run becuase can’t convert a 3rd down.

Also I'm not going to sit here and bash Rosier but I feel like it's worth pointing out his interceptions are awful. He's so inaccurate it's bewildering.

Advertisement
Back