Offensive Coordinator

My question is why is our OL still so bad? If they were even just above average we would be a lot better offensively.

Advertisement
Richt failed as a OC. when your qb is not accurate you add thing to the playbook to cover his inaccuracy. thats why using motion and quick passes as accentuation of their run game is very important for inaccurate qb.

Richt failed as a OC. when your qb is not accurate you add thing to the playbook to cover his inaccuracy. thats why using motion and quick passes as accentuation of their run game is very important for inaccurate qb.

Right but he can't even throw an accurate screen or dump.

we have a quarterback that can only read one receiver and only half the field. so when the play starts, he starts staring his receiver down. you are winning ZERO games with a quarterback with those limitations. and you cant call me plays bc of this.

on top of that, you had players missing catches and fumbling. but it is richt's fault. GTFOH.

Advertisement
I'm not so sure that it's a good thing when Richt says after the game that Rosier made the correct reads most of the time. If he's making the correct reads and still can't complete anything that can't be good at all. It basically means he doesn't have the arm talent to play at this level because the mental aspect is fine.

we have a quarterback that can only read one receiver and only half the field. so when the play starts, he starts staring his receiver down. you are winning ZERO games with a quarterback with those limitations. and you cant call me plays bc of this.
a
on top of that, you had players missing catches and fumbling. but it is richt's fault. GTFOH.

But we won 10 games, not ZERO. Malik is limited, but up until recently was a baller that made things happen. He has seemed more timmid and less accurate than even before. I know his shoulder and ankle were messed up at UNC, wonder if he is playing through something. I just hope our Qb situation with redshirts and incoming class gets a s**t ton better.

Offensive play calling was not that big of an issue this year. There were places it could have been improved, but overall the offensive staff did a really good job masking our deficiencies for as long as they did. They got crazy production out of Rosier.

The offense had massive personnel issues. One running back who isn’t a true feature back. One tight end. Our only wide receiver who can consisntently beat coverage (Richards) was out for what seemed like half the year and wasn’t himself in the games he did play. Jeff Thomas is a great talent, but he’s not a guy who could be a safety valve for Rosier and beat his man when we needed easy first downs. Harley looked like a skinny true freshman. The OL was very weak this year; very disappointing.

You guys always clamoring for different coordinators and **** are so **** annoying. There’s no magic play calling antidote to this offense. There are some guys who could probably do a better job than we saw last night (which was all around crap), but Richt isn’t an effective “CEO” type coach and he needs to be involved in the offense. And that worked this year. Our offense didn’t suck because of playcalling last night.

We had Rosier put up 30 TDs and scored points against some good defenses. As the injuries mounted and teams had more film of our deficiencies, we became a lot easier to defend. Not perfect and we need improved play calling in the red zone and in the run game, but overall the offensive staff did a very good job with personnel issues.

Good thing is is that I think the skill player problems are fixed next year. Whether we can develop the consistent power running game we need is the biggest question moving forward. A QB better than Rosier can be the difference between 10-2 and 12-0, but we are never going to be really bad even with crappy QBs, so I am not worried all that much about QB.

a

But we won 10 games, not ZERO. Malik is limited, but up until recently was a baller that made things happen. He has seemed more timmid and less accurate than even before. I know his shoulder and ankle were messed up at UNC, wonder if he is playing through something. I just hope our Qb situation with redshirts and incoming class gets a s**t ton better.

the fact that we won 10 is a testament to the coaches and to malik himself. we played way above his and the team's collective talent level.

Advertisement
For the love of god no more threads about the play calling. That wasn't the problem tonight. He was rolled out, he was left in the the pocket, he ran a wild cat, he threw short, deep, intermediate, etc. he simply couldn't make a throw to save his life.

And yes I'll say it, there wasn't much more Richt could have done for him tonight. The kid is shot as a QB. He has one more game and that will be the end of it.
Honestly I'm not talking about play calling per say I'm talking about coaching. If we hired a offensive coordinator/qb coach that is a stud maybe we could get our qb playing a little better. What I want is more continuity with one really good play caller/ developer instead of 3 coaches doing one coaches job with co offensive coordinators and co qb coaches. Maybe try Jon as special teams coach idk what all he's savvy in but I don't like having 3 coaches in s qb ear. 1 is sufficient

3 coaches arent doing onejob. Thomas Brown is just the rb coach...he does nothing else. He is only oc by name to give him more money..dude probably doesnt call plays in practice. Richt's son does nothing but basically recruit. Richt is the only guy with a voice on offense to be honest

a

the fact that we won 10 is a testament to the coaches and to malik himself. we played way above his and the team's collective talent level.

I agree 100%. There is a reason Richt said when he got here that Malik would never play for him, well the situation was so bad he had to.

If Rosier hits the open guys no one is complaining about the play calling. We had an awful play call on 3rd down early screen to Berrios.. other than that, qb was missing everything.

he called really bad run plays and really bad times

As much as I love Richt as a head coach I would love it if we had a more inavative OC. I know the play of Rosier makes Richt look bad but I would love to see Richt go out and hire Art Briles. I know he's tainted for what players did under his watch but I think everyone deserves a second chance sometimes and it's not like our players would be under his watch. I know he's probably got to bad of a reputation but I love his offense and respect his coaching ability.

Not everyone deserves a second chance.

Advertisement
I'm so tired of this "Rosier was a baller" narrative. He's been terrible almost all year. Our fans are letting our record and his late game heroics cloud their judgement. (the GT game wasn't even heroics, it was flat-out luck)

He is probably the worst Power-5 QB I've ever seen. He has the 2nd worst completion percentage in the ACC and has thrown the most interceptions.

What people fail to realize is that we wouldn't have needed his heroics if he didn't stink up the joint through the first 3 quarters.

He seems like a good kid and I love his heart but he is holding this team back big time. And it's not even his fault. He's not supposed to be the QB at The University of Miami. Unfortunately we had an established Junior QB that thought it would be a great idea to forego his Senior season to sit on the NFL bench and a previous coaching staff that couldn't recruit for ****.

The team is a QB away from being really good.

I'm so tired of this "Rosier was a baller" narrative. He's been terrible almost all year. Our fans are letting our record and his late game heroics cloud their judgement. (the GT game wasn't even heroics, it was flat-out luck)

He is probably the worst Power-5 QB I've ever seen. He has the 2nd worst completion percentage in the ACC and has thrown the most interceptions.

What people fail to realize is that we wouldn't have needed his heroics if he didn't stink up the joint through the first 3 quarters.

He seems like a good kid and I love his heart but he is holding this team back big time. And it's not even his fault. He's not supposed to be the QB at The University of Miami. Unfortunately we had an established Junior QB that thought it would be a great idea to forego his Senior season to sit on the NFL bench and a previous coaching staff that couldn't recruit for ****.

I'm tired of this narrative.

Our rushing offense ranked 73rd in the country.

Both our total and scoring defenses are ranked 58th.

Why don't yall get off this dude's ****, the whole team is limited and overachieviing. We have a top 10 team that I expect to whip an overrated Wisconsin team which should do wonders for recruiting. I'm looking forward to getting more new faces besides Malik's next year.

Advertisement

Why don't yall get off this dude's ****, the whole team is limited and overachieviing. We have a top 10 team that I expect to whip an overrated Wisconsin team which should do wonders for recruiting. I'm looking forward to getting more new faces besides Malik's next year.

We're actually ranked 20th in scoring defense, bud. It's really not that hard to look up stats before you post.

And I'm gonna tell you a little something about defensive football...

When I know a QB can't hit the broad side of a barn, I can load the box against the run. (which is what teams have been doing to Rosier)

Wanna see us run the ball better? Find a QB that can hit his WR's downfield.

And Rosier having the 2nd worst completion percentage in the ACC (and the most INT's) is not a narrative.

We're actually ranked 20th in scoring defense, bud. It's really not that hard to look up stats before you post.

When I know a QB can't hit the broad side of a barn, I can load the box against the run. (which is what teams have been doing to Rosier)

Yep clicked the wrong button those were offensive numbers. We’re tied for 20th in scoring and 38th in total defense. I’d rather make that mistake than calling Rosier the worst power 5 quarterback I’ve ever seen. Can’t believe our fans bash our players this much during our most successful season in what, 14 years? Good lord y’all need a different hobby.

Yep clicked the wrong button those were offensive numbers. We’re tied for 20th in scoring and 38th in total defense. I’d rather make that mistake than calling Rosier the worst power 5 quarterback I’ve ever seen. Can’t believe our fans bash our players this much during our most successful season in what, 14 years? Good lord y’all need a different hobby.

I mean, I guess I could put my orange and green goggles on and say "gee wiz, that Rosier sure does try his best" but I love winning more than I like being friendly. He's not good, period. Maybe my words were a little harsh. That tends to be a flaw of mine.

He's not very good though.

Advertisement
Back