Offensive Coordinator

I would like to see us with a more up tempo Clemson type of offense. I get tired of seeing these teams with all the offense like Clemson and Ohio state loaded up with Florida talent because they want to play in a high powered offense. I hope we have nkosi behind center next year with a more spread up tempo scheme that we can run and throw out of

This is the best take of the night

Advertisement
If Rosier hits the open guys no one is complaining about the play calling. We had an awful play call on 3rd down early screen to Berrios.. other than that, qb was missing everything.

Agree but my point is we have a QB that can't hit the open guy and that's a reflection on the offense. If your qb can't hit wide open guys your offense will not win you games and there's only so much leaning on the defense a team can do until it catches up with you, aka Clemson game tonight and Pitt game last week

What does that have to do with playcalling? You could have the best playcalling in the world but if you can't hit open guys, the result is the same.
obvioualy rosier can't do everything Richt wants out of a qb and I get that, but maybe we could play to rosier strengths a little more and put a clip board in his hand asap. That's what I want out of on OC

If Richt doesn’t hire an OC or at least an Offensive asst. then we know he is **** bent on himself calling plays and this and his ego is more important than the progress of the program.

Between Rosier not having a lick of accuracy and our O-Line being Fat Al puppy ****, we’re doomed no matter who our OC is.

I would like to see us with a more up tempo Clemson type of offense. I get tired of seeing these teams with all the offense like Clemson and Ohio state loaded up with Florida talent because they want to play in a high powered offense. I hope we have nkosi behind center next year with a more spread up tempo scheme that we can run and throw out of

We actually do run up tempo. The reason why you don't see that as often is because we can't sustain long drives. The reason why we can't sustain long drives is because we have a QB that can barely keep a 50% completion percentage.

Advertisement
The easy thing to do is blame Rosier like Kaaya last year. If you need an elite OL and a stud dual threat QB to be effective you're not good at your job as a playcaller.

Just look at the guy opposite of Rosier tonight. How many of Bryant's throws tonight were behind the LOS or gimme short tosses? Easy plays to guys wide open in space. How would this kid look in Richt's offense where he's asked to consistently make contested throws down the field (after two inside runs)?

The Pitt coach said Miami was the easiest offense to prepare for, I think that's a bigger concern than the QB.

Last edited:

We actually do run up tempo. The reason why you don't see that as often is because we can't sustain long drives. The reason why we can't sustain long drives is because we have a QB that can barely keep a 50% completion percentage.

Exactly. The offense everyone wants happens to be the one Richt wants too. Why do you think we went all in on Perry and now going after Williams? We will get there. We are ahead of schedule.

I’d love to see more motion with the offense.It helps the QB see the defense as well.

Did we send one guy in motion this year...I can’t remember one

Rosier gets all the blame! But the online that can't open holes for our running backs is half the problem with the offense! What qb in America
can be good with this **** online? He does miss passes but why can't our run game help us out a little. Why is it all on the pass game?

Agree about the oline but Richt did do the right thang and roll the pocket a lot and rosier still overthrowing and missing receivers.

Rosier and the offensive philosophy is just so limited

Advertisement
I’d love to see more motion with the offense.It helps the QB see the defense as well.

Did we send one guy in motion this year...I can’t remember one

We did, but certainly not enough for mine or anyone else's liking. I thought the games vs VT and ND were beautifully called. Tonight reminded me of early season vanilla but we didn't have a chance to even get going.

could predict 80% of the play calling before the snap

And yet we still had guys open just as we've had all year long.

Look, I'm not gonna say I wouldn't like to see more of a mixup in formations, or a more diverse run game.. all I'm saying is, this one AND Pitt is because of 3 n outs, the inability to get a good run block push, and Rosier not being able to hit or find guys that could have made plays. When Thomas finally made a play, he fumbled. It's execution.

Just stop. Clemson covered our receivers much better than any team has all year. We had maybe a few plays where guys had clear separation. And yes Rosier looked terrible, but so too did our offensive line and our receivers didn't help with dropped passes and fumbles. Playing max protection even deep into the 4th quarter was a clear indication Richt has almost no faith in our OL or our QB to make decisions quickly. Calling run plays down 28 points again reflects the fact that Richt didn't feel we could consistently pass. And there was nothing about Rosier's play that would have changed his mind, but our receivers were not running around unguarded all game.

As much as I love Richt as a head coach I would love it if we had a more inavative OC. I know the play of Rosier makes Richt look bad but I would love to see Richt go out and hire Art Briles. I know he's tainted for what players did under his watch but I think everyone deserves a second chance sometimes and it's not like our players would be under his watch. I know he's probably got to bad of a reputation but I love his offense and respect his coaching ability.
I don't think any OC will help our offense with Rosier as our QB

We scored 3 points on Clemson as did Kent state and the citidel, every other team Clemson faced had more success then we did. And our 3 points came against back ups. Do you think every single team had a qb that was a lot better then rosier? I think that speaks for itself

Advertisement
As much as I love Richt as a head coach I would love it if we had a more inavative OC. I know the play of Rosier makes Richt look bad but I would love to see Richt go out and hire Art Briles. I know he's tainted for what players did under his watch but I think everyone deserves a second chance sometimes and it's not like our players would be under his watch. I know he's probably got to bad of a reputation but I love his offense and respect his coaching ability.
I don't think any OC will help our offense with Rosier as our QB
Maybe a better OC coulda had Nkosi ready. Hypothetical but you never know

Of all the games to complain about playcalling, people pick this one?

Did I watch the same game?

What are you supposed to call with a QB who’s broken right now?

If Rosier hits the open guys no one is complaining about the play calling. We had an awful play call on 3rd down early screen to Berrios.. other than that, qb was missing everything.

Agree but my point is we have a QB that can't hit the open guy and that's a reflection on the offense. If your qb can't hit wide open guys your offense will not win you games and there's only so much leaning on the defense a team can do until it catches up with you, aka Clemson game tonight and Pitt game last week

What does that have to do with playcalling? You could have the best playcalling in the world but if you can't hit open guys, the result is the same.
obvioualy rosier can't do everything Richt wants out of a qb and I get that, but maybe we could play to rosier strengths a little more and put a clip board in his hand asap. That's what I want out of on OC

what are his strengths please list them

Advertisement
Scheme is too simplistic. Could see the difference between Clemson and Miami in that area.

Hopefully Richt adds to ours in the offseason

Scheme is too simplistic. Could see the difference between Clemson and Miami in that area.

Hopefully Richt adds to ours in the offseason

What was so dynamic about Clemson’s offense tonight?

Horizontal passes, RPOs, zone reads, curls.

They’re just better than us right now.

Richt got to where he is in the world being and awesome OC. A new OC can not block, throw or catch for the team. If guys are wide open they were set up plays before. These plays are set up a week before in the film rooms. You practice all week and run it and the QB overthrows the wide open Wr or the Wr drops the ball. Can not hurry up 4 th downs. Sorry.

what are his strengths please list them

That was my point he has no strengths. Put a clip board in his hand aka replace him as soon as possible. Defiantly by lsu next year

Advertisement
Back