Off Topic: WBB Miami and NIL Ruling

Fine. But the point stands. And when you punish a sport that is already underfunded and under appreciated, it reeks more of a particular interest in Ruiz/Miami than “just any investigation.”
Yes, they had interest in Ruiz (he's loud and we are Miami, what did you expect?) but at the end of the day they got him for having two WBB recruits for dinner at his house.

Advertisement
I’m not sure why y’all are laughing at the NCAA on this.

Ruiz has been yelling from the mountaintop that everything he does is legal and he has never violated any regulation.

And this shows that’s not true. Hate the NCAA all you want but Ruiz looks like a total fool.
Unless I'm misreading something, this is not saying Ruiz did anything wrong. It's saying that Meier's facilitation was wrong.

You'd have to think the NCAA was looking to make a statement to not appear completely effete. They've blown all pretense of appearing objective and unbiased by going after Miami with all the nonsense with the Gator collective and Sanders's facilitation of Cormani's NIL package.

I’m not sure why y’all are laughing at the NCAA on this.

Ruiz has been yelling from the mountaintop that everything he does is legal and he has never violated any regulation.

And this shows that’s not true. Hate the NCAA all you want but Ruiz looks like a total fool.
This is not a legal issue. Ruiz violated no laws. No doubt Ruiz would take the NCAA to court if it was. I wish he would go after this corrupt organization.

This is about antiquated rules that do not account for the NIL paradigm shift and the NCAA's selective application thereof.

This explains why Katie was suspended for the first three games this year. Academic year is over in less than 90 days.

Advertisement
This ridiculous investigation is an embarrassment for the NCAA, Ruiz and the school.

All parties involved ended up looking either stupid, petty or uninformed.

Lol at anyone that thinks Ruiz is totally in the clear.

“Investigators found that Meier and Ruiz had been in contact and had discussed the Cavinder twins in mid-April.”

“Miami’s athletic director and deputy AD met with Ruiz to educate him on NCAA rules and the limitations he faces as a booster.”

NCAA is a clown show of an organization. Ruiz also looks stupid in all of this.

Both things can be true.

Advertisement
This investigation happened months ago and the school, players , staff have already accepted and served penalties.

Notice I didn’t say Ruiz. As a booster, the NCAA could very easily have gone after him. But they didn’t. Care to guess why?

Advertisement
Advertisement
@RVACane @JeddTheFisch

Please tag as a tears thread under #ruizhatertears… a few more pages and we’re going to want to warn folks they may need an umbrella.. 😎

**** the NCAA and their bull****.
1) Don't pay a dime;
2) Appeal the ruling;
3) Seek an injunction re: probation;
4) Up the budget;
5) Do not negotiate with terrorists.

What does that he “full athletic department probation” entail?

If we do something wrong in ANOTHER sport, the hammer falls harder.

It's a relevant distinction. It may turn into nothing after a year. But it's like getting 2 quick fouls in basketball, you have to be very very careful.

Advertisement
Back