Off Topic: WBB Miami and NIL Ruling

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not sure why y’all are laughing at the NCAA on this.

Ruiz has been yelling from the mountaintop that everything he does is legal and he has never violated any regulation.

And this shows that’s not true. Hate the NCAA all you want but Ruiz looks like a total fool.

The good news is that the WBB penalties were the single violation the NCAA uncovered as a result of the NCAA's 4 month intensive investigation across multiple sports per U of Miami press release.

What the NCAA is punishing in this matter are the actions of Miami's WBB head coach bc she facilitated a meeting bt Ruiz and the Cavinder twins, a direct violation of NCAA rules. Miami and the HC agreed that violations were made as part of the new Negotiated Resolution process with the following penalties announces and which are final.
  • One year of probation (full athletic department)
  • A $5,000 fine plus 1% of the women's basketball budget.
  • A 7% reduction in the number of official visits in women's basketball during the 2022-23 academic year.
  • A reduction of nine recruiting-person days in women's basketball during the 2022-23 academic year.
  • A three-week prohibition against recruiting communications by women's basketball staff beginning with the open date of the Transfer Portal (from March 13 through April 2, 2023).
  • A 10% suspension (three games total) for the head coach, served during the first three contests for the 2022-23 season.
Full link to the NCAA announcement.......:LINK......Miami violations

Advertisement
This is why a lot of people were saying that Ruiz should STFU.
Most of the people on here are too young to understand how much we are hated by the blue bloods, and the good old boy network of boosters.
A lot of people talk about the past, but didn’t live through it. A lot of people really don’t understand that the things Miami suffered at the hands of the NCAA pales in comparison, to what other schools have done out in the open for years and gotten slapped on the wrist.

Take, for example, Tennessee. They were literally caught handing out bags of cash to players and right now are the precipice of top recruiting classes with literally nothing happening to them.

Right now we’re on probation because dudes had dinner. Same way we were sanctioned because Duke took a suit and a Benihana dinner.

I just don’t understand why nobody claps back at the NCAA for their bias. No national writer or major network does anything about it.
And they want to do something right before one of the biggest recruiting months we’ve had in years.

Advertisement
The good news is that the WBB penalties were the single violation the NCAA uncovered as a result of the NCAA's 4 month intensive investigation across multiple sports per U of Miami press release.

What the NCAA is punishing in this matter are the actions of Miami's WBB head coach bc she facilitated a meeting bt Ruiz and the Cavinder twins, a direct violation of NCAA rules. Miami and the HC agreed that violations were made as part of the new Negotiated Resolution process with the following penalties announces and which are final.
  • One year of probation (full athletic department)
  • A $5,000 fine plus 1% of the women's basketball budget.
  • A 7% reduction in the number of official visits in women's basketball during the 2022-23 academic year.
  • A reduction of nine recruiting-person days in women's basketball during the 2022-23 academic year.
  • A three-week prohibition against recruiting communications by women's basketball staff beginning with the open date of the Transfer Portal (from March 13 through April 2, 2023).
  • A 10% suspension (three games total) for the head coach, served during the first three contests for the 2022-23 season.
Full link to the NCAA announcement.......:LINK......Miami violations
What does that he “full athletic department probation” entail?

Advertisement
So the issue was the girls bball coach basically called Ruiz to set up a meeting between the twins and he?

Yea, she wasn't allowed to do that with the old set of rules (i think thats no longer the case). She's an idiot and should be fired for being caught.

Admittingly, I dont care a bit about the girls bball coach. I wouldnt respond the same if it was Mario or Coach L.

This is a little concerning. There is a discretionary nature (and limited resources) in terms of what the NCAA chooses to look at and go after. They likely have a target on Ruiz's back. I hope he is a little quieter about his or his company's dealings.

Advertisement
Back