Off Topic: WBB Miami and NIL Ruling

View attachment 231271the entire athletic department is now on probation

animal house dean GIF

Advertisement
This is a little concerning. There is a discretionary nature (and limited resources) in terms of what the NCAA chooses to look at and go after. They likely have a target on Ruiz's back. I hope he is a little quieter about his or his company's dealings.
Exactly, everyone has a hurp durp IDC attitude not seeing the whole thing at play.. Now whole dept is on probabtion is where they can come and strike for multiple violations and really drop hammer..

I’m not sure why y’all are laughing at the NCAA on this.

Ruiz has been yelling from the mountaintop that everything he does is legal and he has never violated any regulation.

And this shows that’s not true. Hate the NCAA all you want but Ruiz looks like a total fool.
Actually that's just not correct. The only issue that's real when it relates to this is Katie Meir's contact of Ruiz. To make it seem like this is an issue is a joke when other schools like floriduh say and most others have come out as having nothing but contact with their nil partners. Like you learned with rashada and the collectives they were involved for more than 8 months and helped negotiate the deal. It's just the usual instance with trying to punish us because the NCAA is still salty about them ****** up the Shapiro case (which was another joke but atleast some of it was real) & schools all across the country want to see us regulated because they know Miami playing on a level field means problems for EVERYONE. It's hysterical how they go after us for **** like this while sec has huge cases proven each and every year with no penalties coming against them. Same in big 10.

Advertisement
This is a little concerning. There is a discretionary nature (and limited resources) in terms of what the NCAA chooses to look at and go after. They likely have a target on Ruiz's back. I hope he is a little quieter about his or his company's dealings.
They investigated the whole department (all sports) and found only the WBB violation.

UM to NCAA: "Fine, but **** you."

“Coach Meier and the University have accepted responsibility, and this Negotiated Resolution allows us to move forward and is in the best interests of Coach Meier, our student-athletes and our University. However, the University encourages the membership to review NCAA bylaws that have been on the books for decades and may no longer be applicable or realistic in today’s environment. The sanctions that we ultimately agreed to, to bring this to a close, are not commiserate with the violation or its intent. Coach Meier is an outstanding coach, role model, teacher and valued member of the Hurricane Family and we stand fully behind her, her program and our ongoing departmental compliance efforts.”

Advertisement
Well now with the recent rulings regarding NIL in school and the fact that the school can help facilitate NIL deals, this won't matter moving forward or am I off base?
Shouldn't. It's kind of like KU and their "sanctions" this year. We were caught on the phone negotiating a deal for Zion via Adidas. Bill Self missed a few games this year. BIG DEAL.

Why are we the only school that ever admits to these things with the NCAA? They are toothless yet we always cop to them.

Advertisement
Shouldn't. It's kind of like KU and their "sanctions" this year. We were caught on the phone negotiating a deal for Zion via Adidas. Bill Self missed a few games this year. BIG DEAL.
But I mean since schools can help facilitate now, even if this happened exactly the same way again, would it even matter as the school is able to be involved?

That Douche Adam Lichtenstein sent that second tweet out on purpose. That spread all over now and people think the whole program is under fire. That third tweet about misreading it is BS. You read it right the first time, it couldn't have been any clearer about what was going on.

Advertisement
That Douche Adam Lichtenstein sent that second tweet out on purpose. That spread all over now and people think the whole program is under fire. That third tweet about misreading it is BS. You read it right the first time, it couldn't have been any clearer about what was going on.
He's a Gator.

I’m not sure why y’all are laughing at the NCAA on this.

Ruiz has been yelling from the mountaintop that everything he does is legal and he has never violated any regulation.

And this shows that’s not true. Hate the NCAA all you want but Ruiz looks like a total fool.
I am not sure why you are not? Have you actually read the documents?

It was a four month investigation into us and NIL.

They found only ONE violation and it had nothing to do with Ruiz or his actions. It had to do with "Meirs communication with a representative of the athletics institutions interests."

Basically Meier said in one way or another, UM wants the twins or has an interest to a rep. Nothing about Ruiz's contact, payments, etc. Also found zero evidence of anything regarding football or any other sport.

Advertisement
Back