Off Topic: Johnny Football is the greatest PLAYMAKER

Advertisement
charlie Ward was better than Manziel.. I think college football is more watered down than now.

i disagree with the OP.. I don't think he's the greatest playmaker. He's played what 20 games and we are crowning him. Alabama made him look real regular.

Manziel is a stud, but college Michael Vick was on a different level.

All of these guys were amazing college players, but Michael Vick was downright terrifying. He was easily the fastest guy on the field and he had a rocket for an arm.

charlie Ward was better than Manziel.. I think college football is more watered down than now.

i disagree with the OP.. I don't think he's the greatest playmaker. He's played what 20 games and we are crowning him. Alabama made him look real regular.

Yeah, 66 TDs and a Heisman (maybe more), too. He also put up 560 total yards of offense against Bama.

Insane people can do some really amazing things and this kid is a crazy, so yeah. He will get drafted fairly high because NFL is now completely a QB league, so a team will roll dice with him thinking they will be able to control him. But kid is not controllable. A complete loose cannon who will only get worse with his own millions. That said, Cam played only one year but was completely unstoppable--even by Bama. So I got to go with Cam.

Advertisement

WTH?

at the QB position in CFB that I've ever seen. I'm talking greater than Mike Vick, Cam Newton, Joe Hamilton, or whomever else you can think of. I'm going to show my age here, but it's like a super geek is somewhere controlling this kid with a joystick. Bash away fellas all you want, but that kid is flat out unreal. His ability to make plays is just ridiculous. And to think he's doing this while partying all night and doing God knows what else just makes it even more impressive.

Maybe so!!!!

His decisiveness stands out to me.

I've never seen anybody make quicker decisions when it comes to running vs. passing. And those decisions are usually right. He always is a half-step ahead of the defense.

450+ yards, 5 TDs on 70% completion and almost 100 yards rushing? Perhaps we have different definition of "regular"

Advertisement
He has the one attribute I believe stands out as most important for all QBs:

Anticipation.

Fans and commentators talk about his cutbacks and Tarkenton-like wizardry, but his ability to process information is at the root of everything. It's really impressive. Yesterday, he threw a few passes a solid 2 ticks before the WR would turn around. He sees holes in zones that other QBs either don't see or are unwilling to predict.

I think that's what sets him apart in College and actually makes him a viable NFL draft prospect - despite being smallish.

Anticipation.

Fans and commentators talk about his cutbacks and Tarkenton-like wizardry, but his ability to process information is at the root of everything. It's really impressive. Yesterday, he threw a few passes a solid 2 ticks before the WR would turn around. He sees holes in zones that other QBs either don't see or are unwilling to predict.

I think that's what sets him apart in College and actually makes him a viable NFL draft prospect - despite being smallish.

I could see him having a pro career as well. Has to be the right system though. I see him more as a Drew Brees type. He cant run in the NFL like he does in college.

Anticipation.

I know exactly what you're talking about. A couple of different times I was looking like WTF and then out of nowhere the WR would come onto the TV screen towards the end of his route.

Advertisement
College Vick in today's spread offenses would be the greatest playmaker. I love watching JMF can't wait for the canes to have a wizard under center. Doesn't have run around like JMF just a consistent weapon. And I hate to say it but Charlie Ward was just as dynamic in a time when it wasn't designed runs.

at the QB position in CFB that I've ever seen. I'm talking greater than Mike Vick, Cam Newton, Joe Hamilton, or whomever else you can think of. I'm going to show my age here, but it's like a super geek is somewhere controlling this kid with a joystick. Bash away fellas all you want, but that kid is flat out unreal. His ability to make plays is just ridiculous. And to think he's doing this while partying all night and doing God knows what else just makes it even more impressive.

I agreed with u until I asked myself if everything else is the same who would I want....

Vick in that A&M offense with that talent around him is just too hard to pick against.

Could Manziel have taken that VaTech team to the BCS champs game?

That offense Manziel is in now allows him to do what he does so well, I dont see that VaTech offense allowing him to do what the A&M offense allows him to do.

Manziel is in a perfect situation for how he likes to play.

All this spread offense stuff designed for dual threat QBs was not around in Vicks time, he was pretty unplayable back then without that, in the kinda offense around today for a player with his talent I dont think he could be stopped.

As an NFL prospect Manziel will thrive if they design the offense around him and to his strength. Giving him free reign to run and improvise as he sees fit will be important. If he is asked to dropback pass all the time without strong encouragement to extend plays with his elusiveness and run for first downs, he will struggle.

NOBODY is as good as Vince Young was his last two seasons in college. Those Rose Bowl performances are at the forefront of individual performances in college football the last 30 years

Advertisement
Love the kid's supreme confidence and decisiveness.

But not sure he's a better playmaker than Charlie ward and Vick.

Yeah, 66 TDs and a Heisman (maybe more), too. He also put up 560 total yards of offense against Bama.

So the most stats makes him the greatest playmaker.. You're right Snap..

Cam Newton > Mike Vick > Vince Young > Johnny Football

Until Johnny figures out how to use his playmaking ability to win a title against these suspsect SEC defenses then this is where he is at imo.

Advertisement
Back