Off Topic: Johnny Football is the greatest PLAYMAKER

CANE1775

Senior
at the QB position in CFB that I've ever seen. I'm talking greater than Mike Vick, Cam Newton, Joe Hamilton, or whomever else you can think of. I'm going to show my age here, but it's like a super geek is somewhere controlling this kid with a joystick. Bash away fellas all you want, but that kid is flat out unreal. His ability to make plays is just ridiculous. And to think he's doing this while partying all night and doing God knows what else just makes it even more impressive.

Advertisement
I agree. The greatest make it look easy and it's almost like he's not moving that fast but guys with good angles on him get smoked and juked consistently and even great defenses like last years Bama team had no answer for him whatsoever.

He looked helluva impressive last night. Even after the int and the fumble. ZERO Rattling this kid. He craves the big stage and has no problem performing under the lights. He gets better as the game wears on. Stupid talent. He is gonna be a **** of a college QB when its all said and done. All he does is make plays.

Advertisement
I completely agree...

But his knee injury seemed a little......exaggerated.

Did anyone else notice that?

I completely agree...

But his knee injury seemed a little......exaggerated.

Did anyone else notice that?

He's always had problems with that knee, so no. Anyone who makes a living running around and cutting like that will have knee problems, he better wear that brace the rest of the year.

Advertisement
I guess you don't remember Vince Young?

I do, and I'm a huge Young fan. My original post still stands.

Edit: To give more clarity to what I'm saying. I have Cam Newton higher than Young on my "Big" QB list. I'm taking Mr. Johnny over all of those guys.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami fans and you are not mentioning Doug Flutie. It still burns I guess.

Flutie was incredible. Ahead of his time in terms of the pros.
Charlie Ward as well. Hated him because he was a Seminole, but he was incredible.

I think Manziel is going to be a real good pro qb if not a great one.

He has a good, not great arm. He's not physically imposing, but big enough to play qb. Not Vick fast but he has some serious wiggle.

What he has more than any qb in college right now is that "it" factor.
He just has the mojo. Like great vision for a rb you either have "it" or you don't.

For a pro reference, think a better version of Jake Plummer.

Advertisement
Back