Off top: warriors

GSW is now 0-3 vs Toronto & Toronto is now 11-0 v The Pacific Division. Toronto has been a bad matchup for GSW. They combine youth w experience.

Gasol is big that can shoot the 3.
Siakam is long & athletic that’s developed a 3 shot
Lowry is a steady pit bull. Some times he bites you, and sometimes he just barks incessantly at you
Danny Green is a long, tenacious defender that doubles as a streaky sharp shooter
Van Fleet is a kid w an eye for the 3 and chip on his shoulder
Powell is making sure he never goes back to The G league
Then u have Kawhi

It’s a balanced team, and they were the 2nd best team, record wise, this yr. No mistake on this.
Well said, and I agree. But if you watched that entire game (which i'm sure you did) it was unquestionably one of those nights where everything was going Toronto's way and nothing was going GS's way. Not trying to take away from Toronto, they played a great game!, but I doubt you'll see GS shoot 43% while Toronto shoots 50%+ again. Then again, you probably won't see Kawhi only make 5 FGs either.

I like GS to win game 2.

Advertisement
I'll admit, I did not see that coming. Granted, I doubt Siakam will go 14 of 17 again this series. Man, was he hot last night! Dude was downright unstoppable. Though it was just the Raptors night. Perfectly summed up by that absurd 3 at the shot clock buzzer late that banked and rolled in.

I'm all over Warriors +2 (I actually bought to +3) next one though.

If raptors didn’t get in the penalty so early in the third it could have been even worse. I expected a close game but the raptors roll players having games like that are hard to beat. Usually when golden state gets within 5 they don’t look back and they just never made their patented run. Does KD play game 2 is the big question.

If raptors didn’t get in the penalty so early in the third it could have been even worse. I expected a close game but the raptors roll players having games like that are hard to beat. Usually when golden state gets within 5 they don’t look back and they just never made their patented run. Does KD play game 2 is the big question.
I'm hearing the possibility is game 3, not game 2.

Agree if their other guys play like that they may not be beatable. Imagine if Kahwi had been his regular playoff self last night too! But I don't expect GS to play that poorly again either.

I'm hearing the possibility is game 3, not game 2.

Agree if their other guys play like that they may not be beatable. Imagine if Kahwi had been his regular playoff self last night too! But I don't expect GS to play that poorly again either.

Did golden state play poorly because Toronto’s defense though? That intensity is not going to change. Curry got his(not great shooting) but they were only getting open looks on second chance opportunities. Im starting to think they have a very hard time winning a game in Toronto unless KD comes back. If Toronto steals one in Oakland then warriors might be done.

Did golden state play poorly because Toronto’s defense though? That intensity is not going to change. Curry got his(not great shooting) but they were only getting open looks on second chance opportunities. Im starting to think they have a very hard time winning a game in Toronto unless KD comes back. If Toronto steals one in Oakland then warriors might be done.
No, that wasn't my take at all. To me, GS just looked off. Missed LOTS of open shots, threw great passes to guys who weren't even looking, had 16 turnovers at least a dozen of them in the first half, even dribbled off their own feet at times. Seems like I'm Toronto bashing here which is not my intent at all. Just that my impression was that GS had a very very off game; meanwhile, Toronto played quite well with several players not named Kawhi Leonard having absolutely phenomenal games. The law of averages tells me that will reach a median different from what we saw last night.

Advertisement
KD ruled out for game 2. Possible return for game 3. What's the word on Iguodala? I haven't heard, but it looked like he tweaked that same calf on the last play yesterday.

Figured Toronto would go crazy in game 1 with it being Canada's first Finals game. They were throwing up prays at times that still went in. It wasn't just Siakam, Gasol scored the most points he's had since Toronto acquired him by trade. Just don't see how they sustain that. Just one of those nights. Game 2 is where we will find out how real they are. Win game 2 and this is a long series, likely 7 games. But lose and they will be lucky to see a game 6, especially if KD is able to come back 100%.

Advertisement
I doubt siap goes for 30 for any other game this series.

This. And I doubt they shoot this well and Gs shoots this bad. I bet Toronto game one because of GS sitting and waiting, while Tor played. Also lots of emotion game one in that building , beens it’s their first time on that stage.

I feel Relly’s point yo a degree , but I don’t agree about the regular season mattering. GS gives no ***** about the regular season, they just try to stay in the top couple seeds. I agree Toronto matches up with them and I’ve said this for a couple months to @FlipT. But nobody in the world is a “ bad matchup for GS”. With or without Durant. Theyre the ultimate matchup problem , hence why everyone is trying to copy their brand.

And even when they played in the regular season there was key guys missing both games.

I had GS in six , I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if that was Toronto’s last win. But I’ll give them one more, and stick with my six games.

Only ****iness , injuries or Draymond going full on ****** can beat GS. And that’s just real talk.

If GS gets game two ( and I’m betting that ) it’s going to be a quick one.

Last edited:
Figured Toronto would go crazy in game 1 with it being Canada's first Finals game. They were throwing up prays at times that still went in. It wasn't just Siakam, Gasol scored the most points he's had since Toronto acquired him by trade. Just don't see how they sustain that. Just one of those nights. Game 2 is where we will find out how real they are. Win game 2 and this is a long series, likely 7 games. But lose and they will be lucky to see a game 6, especially if KD is able to come back 100%.

Yep, they were throwing in trash, bank shots at the shock clock buzzer. Everyone was hitting everything , except Lowry ( which is normal protocol. Siakam going 12-15 will not happen again. Like you said “ just one of those nights.

This. And I doubt they shoot this well and Gs shoots this bad. I bet Toronto game one because of GS sitting and waiting, while Tor played. Also lots of emotion game one in that building , beens it’s their first time on that stage.

I feel Relly’s point yo a degree , but I don’t agree about the regular season mattering. GS gives no ***** about the regular season, they just try to stay in the top couple seeds. I agree Toronto matches up with them and I’ve said this for a couple months to @FlipT. But nobody in the world is a “ bad matchup for GS”. With or without Durant. Theyre the intimate matchup problem , hence why everyone is trying to copy their brand.

And even when they played in the regular season there was key guys missing both games.

I had GS in six , I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if that was Toronto’s last win. But I’ll give them one more, and stick with my six games.

Only ****iness , injuries or Draymond going full on ****** can beat GS. And that’s just real talk.

If GS gets game two ( and I’m betting that ) it’s going to be a quick one.
Also getting a sweep and then 9 days off didn’t help either.

Advertisement
That’s the main reason I bet Toronto.
A man that knows his history.
Remember when the lakers swept San Antonio in western finals in 2001?
They dropped game one to the Sixers when AI went bananas and dropped 48. They swept the rest of the series.

Besides having the best player in the series (yeah, I said it), Toronto also has the best coach.

Nick Nurse has a really great story. Guy loves the game and is one of the better offensive innovators in the game. He might draw something up next game where Serge goes off for 30.

Advertisement
One thing we can all say with 100% certainty: there is ZERO chance that a Jordan led Bulls team from one of the championship teams would ever go into Toronto and get rolled like the Dubs did last night. If the Bulls did lose, it was close, and they came back with a furious vengeance the following game, home or away.

As a NBA fan I learned not to EVER count out K. Leonard. He was death in SA and he seems to be getting better every year and series.

Don't know who will win...but I do know that the Sixers and Bucks both thought that it was an automatic to their surprise.

Im just going to sit back and enjoy watching

Advertisement
Back