Off top: warriors

One thing we can all say with 100% certainty: there is ZERO chance that a Jordan led Bulls team from one of the championship teams would ever go into Toronto and get rolled like the Dubs did last night. If the Bulls did lose, it was close, and they came back with a furious vengeance the following game, home or away.

lol yah

so this is the almighty super team that the 01 laker 96 bulls 86 celtics couldn't take on huh?

kawhi with a bunch of young players and historical chokers just dominated them......

Advertisement
lol yah

so this is the almighty super team that the 01 laker 96 bulls 86 celtics couldn't take on huh?

kawhi with a bunch of young players and historical chokers just dominated them......

It is not the super team. KD(the best player on the court when he is in) didn’t play. He is a big part of that conversation. I don’t think anyone beats that bulls team but let’s put last night game in the proper context. Golden state minus KD live and die by making shots. They are usually on and last night they were off.

One thing we can all say with 100% certainty: there is ZERO chance that a Jordan led Bulls team from one of the championship teams would ever go into Toronto and get rolled like the Dubs did last night. If the Bulls did lose, it was close, and they came back with a furious vengeance the following game, home or away.

Plenty of Jordan led Bulls teams got rolled in the Finals, for example:

Trailblazers 115 Bulls 105 (Game 2 of 1992 Finals)
Sonics 107 Bulls 86 (Game 4 of 1996 Finals)
Sonics 89 Bulls 78 (Game 5 of 1996 Finals)
Jazz 104 Bulls 93 (Game 3 of 1997 Finals)

Rolled ? It was a 6-8 point game majority of the game , while Toronto hit everything.

Honestly , they should’ve won by 20+, Gs shot in the 30’s , that’s about as bad as they can shoot.

lol yah

That’s not the same Roster from the choke days. That’s a really good team from top to bottom.

This greatest team argument is just dumb , into today’s rules nobody in history beats Gs. Just like they couldn’t in the 80-90’s style. These guys play great team ball and have the two best shooters in history , this team was built for this eras rules.

I don’t get the few warriors haters , they play a great brand of ball , unselfish , fun / exciting brand and play great defense.

Just appreciate the greatness for this era.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rolled ? It was a 6-8 point game majority of the game , while Toronto hit everything.

Honestly , they should’ve won by 20+, Gs shot in the 30’s , that’s about as bad as they can shoot.

Toronto hit everything? Warriors had a terrible defensive gameplan and gave the Raps easy rhythm shots and transition looks. Lowry 2/9 Ibaka 2/7 Kawhi 5/14 is hardly hitting everything. FVV is a 40% 3 pt shooter he was 1/4.

Curry, Thompson, Jerebko and McKinnie were 11/21 from 3. Raptors committed a ton of stupid fouls keeping GSW in the game. They got every loose ball rebound bounce right to them. Even the Warriors themselves admitted they were thoroughly outplayed.

Series will be lower scoring from here. Both teams can do much better on defense.

Toronto hit everything? Warriors had a terrible defensive gameplan and gave the Raps easy rhythm shots and transition looks. Lowry 2/9 Ibaka 2/7 Kawhi 5/14 is hardly hitting everything. FVV is a 40% 3 pt shooter he was 1/4.

Curry, Thompson, Jerebko and McKinnie were 11/21 from 3. Raptors committed a ton of stupid fouls keeping GSW in the game. They got every loose ball rebound bounce right to them. Even the Warriors themselves admitted they were thoroughly outplayed.

Series will be lower scoring from here. Both teams can do much better on defense.

Lowry sucks every game , every year lol.

Toronto was throwing up bank shots at the shot clock buzzer lol, gasol will not shoot like that every night , or most nights , siakam either.

Curry is the only warrior starter that played worth a ****.

Agree it’ll be a more defensive series because both teams are great defensively. But I’ll bet my house GSW don’t shoot that bad as a team again

Last edited:
Every game in the playoffs is different from one to the next. Arguments like "so and so won't play like that again" are worthless when each game has a unique flow with different players taking advantage and stepping up. Even the "missing open looks" narrative can be pointless like in the Raptors-Sixers series where the Raptors were bricking every open look.

Things I'd look for in game 2:

• Fewer fouls from both teams
  • Warriors rotating to shooters more aggressively, likely at the expense of a better Kawhi game
  • Raptors attacking Cousins and winning those non-Curry minutes. Hopefully no McCaw minutes and Gasol subbing in to avoid doubles on Cousins post-ups
  • More Curry pick and roll in the middle of the floor
  • Anunoby might return
  • Fewer OREBs for GSW
  • Draymond can defend much better especially if he's not in foul trouble. Siakam points will need to come from other players like Lowry and Kawhi

Toronto was throwing up bank shots at the shot clock buzzer lol, gasol will not shoot like that every night , or most nights , siakam either.

Agree it’ll be a more defensive series because both teams are great defensively. But I’ll bet my house GSW don’t shoot 33 % from the fiend again.

That Lowry narrative is very far from the truth. He extinguished it especially in the last series. Game 1 vs Bucks was arguably his best playoff game ever. Even when he doesn't shoot well he makes a ton of winning plays.

Raps got superior looks than GSW and still shot worse so I just don't get this argument. There were maybe 2 fluky shots that went in when the lead was already big.

Curry struggled to score on FVV. He got loose after some lucky rebounds. So maybe he won't shoot as well?

These arguments go both ways so I just don't see the point.

Agree it’ll be a more defensive series because both teams are great defensively. But I’ll bet my house GSW don’t shoot 33 % from the fiend again.
He ok in the regular season but when he get in the playoffs that boy *** lol

Advertisement
Every game in the playoffs is different from one to the next. Arguments like "so and so won't play like that again" are worthless when each game has a unique flow with different players taking advantage and stepping up. Even the "missing open looks" narrative can be pointless like in the Raptors-Sixers series where the Raptors were bricking every open look.

• Warriors rotating to shooters more aggressively, likely at the expense of a better Kawhi game
  • Raptors attacking Cousins and winning those non-Curry minutes. Hopefully no McCaw minutes and Gasol subbing in to avoid doubles on Cousins post-ups
  • Anunoby might return
  • Fewer OREBs for GSW
  • Draymond can defend much better especially if he's not in foul trouble. Siakam points will need to come from other players like Lowry and Kawhi

That Lowry narrative is very far from the truth. He extinguished it especially in the last series. Game 1 vs Bucks was arguably his best playoff game ever. Even when he doesn't shoot well he makes a ton of winning plays.

Raps got superior looks than GSW and still shot worse so I just don't get this argument. There were maybe 2 fluky shots that went in when the lead was already big.

Curry struggled to score on FVV. He got loose after some lucky rebounds. So maybe he won't shoot as well?

Curry can’t be guarded by one guy , everyone on the court has eyes on him. But VF fights through a lot of picks which is good but like I said SC can’t be stopped . He will just make the shot or miss it. I’ve never seen anything like that dude, and I’ve been watching the nba since the mid 80’s.

I don’t think most average fans appreciate his greatness, I’ve never seen a guy affect the entire court like him, right when he hits half court all ten eyeballs go to him, especially when a screen comes.

He’s a legit cheat code in the pick in roll, you double and attack he finds green and then he’s down hill attacking a slower big that’s now backpedaling. You switch he kills the big , you go under he hits from 35 feet. Great passer that hits from the time line.

All those layups and back cuts they get are off everyone obsessing about where Steph is, he’s like Randy moss in his prime lol .

His shooting numbers are all time great for shooters, from ft, to 3pt and fg . While taking the worst shots I’ve ever seen in my life , actual god awful shots. Who’s ruined basketball at the youth level.

He gets a lot of hate , but people will fully appreciate this dude long after he’s gone.

Hands down the “ most skilled guy” I’ve seen.

I don’t know if some people can’t get over the size ,the not great athletic ability or the baby face.

But he’s a straight killer.

Last edited:

• Anunoby might return
  • Fewer OREBs for GSW

An “ average day for curry is 45% from three , 90% from the ft and 50 % fg. Yesterday was just average game for Steph. So I don’t think that’s an argument tbh. Siakam won’t shoot 12-15 again this year lol.

Curry just did what curry does , KT and draymond played below average. Iggy played as bad as he can play , he normally knocks down a decent percentage of those wide open threes. He’s who did in Houston with daggers , because everyone is chasing Sc and Kt.

Oh and it’s not a narrative with Lowry , dude has been trash in the playoffs more than he’s been good. When he shoots I literally expect him to miss every time. You ever notice he’s always wide open ? That’s for a reason.

Last edited:
Plenty of Jordan led Bulls teams got rolled in the Finals, for example:

Trailblazers 115 Bulls 105 (Game 2 of 1992 Finals)
Sonics 107 Bulls 86 (Game 4 of 1996 Finals)
Sonics 89 Bulls 78 (Game 5 of 1996 Finals)
Jazz 104 Bulls 93 (Game 3 of 1997 Finals)
The Blazers beat the Bulls by 10 in overtime. It was a very close game throughout. The Bulls at one point led the series against the Sonics 3-0, they were never really threatened until Seattle won a couple at home and then the Bulls closed them out by 12 and won the series. The Jazz were a formidable opponent and probably the best the Bulls faced in the Finals. We'll see how Golden State responds. They're already 2 point underdogs for G2 and it looks like it might go to 2.5.

Advertisement
I hate the warriors but all I know is draymond should stop talking **** and show up next game, it’s not a good look.

Well said, and I agree. But if you watched that entire game (which i'm sure you did) it was unquestionably one of those nights where everything was going Toronto's way and nothing was going GS's way. Not trying to take away from Toronto, they played a great game!, but I doubt you'll see GS shoot 43% while Toronto shoots 50%+ again. Then again, you probably won't see Kawhi only make 5 FGs either.

I like GS to win game 2.

That latter statement is the key. GSW shut down Kawhi; Draymond got a triple double. Steph went 4-9. Klay hit over 20. GSW bench had good production, and they still lost. That’s more telling. Not an overreaction, just an observation.

Advertisement
BTW am I the only one sick and tired of celebs horning in on the game's action.....

Even worse ...is the announcers and camera crews giving them pub for "playing" tough guy when the players can't really respond as they really would when their not on the job. .....the gamecasts focus should be on the game and its players...not fans or wannabe's

Sorry but I couldn't give a %&$# about any team's fan or his antics or reactions to the action on the court.

If you want to be on court ...improve your game to NBA levels....otherwise stay off the court ...OR be the mascot & wear an custome like Sebastian

Fans can't do that pn stage at concerts

It's only a matter of time before something gets out of hand .......on something that is very easily preventable and controllable

Players on the court.....fans in the stands...talk all the sh*T you want from your seat

Last edited:
The rules changes made the point guard the most important guy on the floor.

It’s all about the 1 and the forward that can play the 3 and stretch 4.

Back then, 2s and 5s dominated.
If things keep going in Kwai's way....He's going to be the highest paid player in the history of the NBA. Just keep winning..... it's a canes thing.... they will never understand............83 87 89 91 2001 2002*

If things keep going in Kwai's way....He's going to be the highest paid player in the history of the NBA. Just keep winning..... it's a canes thing.... they will never understand............83 87 89 91 2001 2002*

Making a strong case for best in the world .

Never rushed. Never flustered. Can score from anywhere.

Making guys look silly on offense and he is locking em down on d.

He would be my first pick to start a franchise over anybody, today. Lebron, KD, or Steph.

Giannis is a beast and younger but he can’t shoot.

Kawhi is the most complete player the league has seen in a long time.

Advertisement
Back