Off top: warriors

This is the downside for living on the three ball.

It also shows how mid range shot creation comes into play.

Kawhi needed ONE bucket for the title in game 5 and couldn’t even get a shot off. The final shot was a 3 point attempt.

Gs was down ONE point and the best they could get was a hurried 3 point attempt.

This is what made Jordan so special. Phil Jackson said it best when comparing Kobe and Michael. He said Kobe had longer range but Michael got EASIER shots.

That’s the difference in the game today. Being able to create an easier shot when it is most need.

It was a great series and GS just ran out of steam. Curry ain’t got nothing to prove. His greatness is set in stone.

But so is Kawhi Leonard’s. Hopefully KD and Klay have quick recoveries and come back strong sometime in 2020. The game needs them.

This is one of the best NBA OT post I’ve read. Spot on!

Advertisement
Kind of glad Steph missed that 3 now that we know Klay tore his ACL last night. Would have ruined a great final 2 games and for them to go play a game 7 that the Warriors had zero shot at winning without KD and Klay. With that said, Warriors run might be over unless they somehow re-sign both players and they both come back 100%

Kind of glad Steph missed that 3 now that we know Klay tore his ACL last night. Would have ruined a great final 2 games and for them to go play a game 7 that the Warriors had zero shot at winning without KD and Klay. With that said, Warriors run might be over unless they somehow re-sign both players and they both come back 100%

klay is coming back

This is the downside for living on the three ball.

It also shows how mid range shot creation comes into play.

Kawhi needed ONE bucket for the title in game 5 and couldn’t even get a shot off. The final shot was a 3 point attempt.

This is what made Jordan so special. Phil Jackson said it best when comparing Kobe and Michael. He said Kobe had longer range but Michael got EASIER shots.

That’s the difference in the game today. Being able to create an easier shot when it is most need.

When Jordan played there was a ban on zone defense. Defenders had to either hard double or stick to their guy. If those rules were in place for this series Kawhi would have averaged either 45+ pts or 10+ assists a game depending on the coverage. GS was sending traps, blitzes, late blitzes and most commonly they packed the paint with 4/5 dudes throwing their limbs everywhere. There's a reason the Raptors had such balanced scoring and so many great looks in the series. The last possession in game 5 was messed because Nurse didn't call timeout, they set up the offense too slow and Gasol screwed up the spacing for Lowry by setting a lousy screen and not slipping to the rim.

Not taking anything away from Jordan's greatness but there are guys like Kawhi and LeBron who can't take over games in the way he did because they almost never get defended 1on1 like he did. And the game is better for it because offenses have to be designed more creatively with more skilled and versatile players on both ends.

Agree. As a Raptors fan even game 6 wasn't that exciting. The series should have been over game 5. I was there in attendance and it was surreal leaving the building. Raptors dominated the series but Warriors kept finding ways to stay in it. It never felt like the 'ship was in danger though and game 7 would have been a chore.

Advertisement
When Jordan played there was a ban on zone defense. Defenders had to either hard double or stick to their guy. If those rules were in place for this series Kawhi would have averaged either 45+ pts or 10+ assists a game depending on the coverage. GS was sending traps, blitzes, late blitzes and most commonly they packed the paint with 4/5 dudes throwing their limbs everywhere. There's a reason the Raptors had such balanced scoring and so many great looks in the series. The last possession in game 5 was messed because Nurse didn't call timeout, they set up the offense too slow and Gasol screwed up the spacing for Lowry by setting a lousy screen and not slipping to the rim.

Not taking anything away from Jordan's greatness but there are guys like Kawhi and LeBron who can't take over games in the way he did because they almost never get defended 1on1 like he did. And the game is better for it because offenses have to be designed more creatively with more skilled and versatile players on both ends.

dubs switch a lot. they used the zone last night tho for parts of the game. part of their defensive issues was KD made up for a lot that they didnt have and Livingston fell off a cliff there

I understand what you are getting at, but I am not commenting on guys taking over games (even though modern guys do take over games with crazy performances).

I’m talking about their inability to get easier shots when they only need a 2 point field goal.

The zone helps take pressure off individual defenders to prevent free runs at the rim. The down side is that it results in wide open jumpers when a team swings the ball.

The allowance of weak side help is a defensive advantage, but defensive 3 seconds counters that a bit.

Teams didn’t like double teaming Jordan because he would give up the ball and the Bulls role players would get hot. When that happened, it was no stopping them.

It was kind of like Shaq in the sense that you were better off living with him getting his and trying to shut down everyone else.

These guys don’t have the same skill level inside the arc, especially when it comes to effectively using the triple threat position, fadeaway, and turnaround jumper.

Not just talking Jordan, either. Kobe, A.I., T-Mac, Melo, Paul Pierce and several others.

It’s the drawback of developing so much range from the outside and rears it’s head in tight, clutch games.

Advertisement

Bruh, stop it.

MJ played in an era where u could hand check, Centers controlled the paint, flagrant fouls were hardly called, and the ability to take three steps or change pivot was absolutely called.

MJ in today’s NBA would legit avg 40 ppg. Every pundit have agreed w this. This league is baby soft chit. Everything’s a flagrant, no traveling, everyone is buddy, buddy. Centers are more interested in shooting 3’s then pounding the rock. No rim protectors.

MJ’s mid game was sick, so all that zone will allow him to pull up from 15-18 at will. Plus, now w an emphasis on 3 pointers becoming optimal, I’m sure his 3 point % would increase drastically b/c we forget, he played in an era where there was no 3 point arc in high school or college.

It’s much more wide open in today’s NBA than yesterday’s and there’s not a shred of doubt in my mind that MJ in today’s NBA would avg nothing less than 40.

We gonna see how good Steph really is next season.

I for one ain't sleeping on him. Might put up Harden numbers.
Not unless they get some shooters to go with him. All pro sports are copycat leagues and if Steph is the only scoring option everyone is going to use that box and 1 that really held Steph down. Great move by my guy Nick Nurse. I'm from Toronto so it goes without saying I'm a happy dude today.

Not unless they get some shooters to go with him. All pro sports are copycat leagues and if Steph is the only scoring option everyone is going to use that box and 1 that really held Steph down. Great move by my guy Nick Nurse. I'm from Toronto so it goes without saying I'm a happy dude today.

so youre one of the annoying snowbirds that clog up the roads down here. we dislike your kind every winter lol

Advertisement
Back