Off top: warriors

Advertisement
Warriors won before KD. They won with KD. Without him, they are winning again, playing in their hustle and flow style.

Why disrespect them? They pass the ball, they screen effectively, they share the ball, the defend you tenaciously. They don’t quit.
Iguadala’s strip/steal at the end tonight epitomizes this team play.

The Greek Freak will have his moments. But, would your really bet against Warriors? No way.
Glad I bet against them. No time for the players or coach attitudes.

Knew it was done when Klay went down. He was rolling too when Steph didn't have it. Replace Klay with Quinn Cook and there's the game. Congrats to Toronto, they caught evey break literally lol But they took full advantage of it. Wonder if Kwahi stays or just says **** Canada and dips back home to LA.

Except for the refs. All series GSW got the benefit, except for that obvious Kawhi travel haha MAKE UP CALL!

That's an overly-simplistic and weak take. It's not about old heads hating seeing new stuff trump the glory days. it's about people who experienced the game the way it was played back then getting frustrated when the young generation sees this non-stop ISO or huck 3's every time down the court game with teams scoring 120pts on a nightly basis and think these modern teams would have just rolled over the great teams of time's past as a result. No, they wouldn't have, because the game the modern dominating players deploy today wouldn't have worked back then. Hand checking alone would drastically change the game of players like Curry. Michael Jordan got literally assaulted almost every time he had the ball throughout his entire career. Nowadays not only can you not touch an offensive player, you can't even invade their space.

It's like saying current NFL teams that put up 500 passing yards per game would easily go and do that against the great defenses of previous decades in the NFL. No, they absolutely wouldn't have. The NFL has changed the game so much to increase scoring that defenders are completely hamstrung these days. Go back and watch an old game from 15+ years ago. Literally more than half the defense would be ejected by halftime under today's rules.

It's the same sh-t re modern NBA vs the old NBA. The league intentionally changed the rules to increase scoring. They did that by hamstringing defenders. Is that a net positive change? Not to me, but that's all just personal opinion. But these "old heads" you talk down to are simply wise enough from watching the sport over multiple eras to recognize that just because some of the modern dudes' game looks real flashy and effective today, doesn't at all mean they would have easily done the same kinds of things on the court 20+ years ago.
Exactly. The "kid" who posted that has never watched the games you reference.

Advertisement
I remember curry traveling when he passed to igoulda for the go ahead basket to win

I live in northern Ontario and been a fan since the Tracy Murray days, and I try to have non Raptors colours glasses, but dam the refs don't like them much haha
KL would get hacked at and no call, Steph gets the air of Gasol hand and he gets T'd up. Exaggeration for effect haha

I live in northern Ontario and been a fan since the Tracy Murray days, and I try to have non Raptors colours glasses, but dam the refs don't like them much haha
KL would get hacked at and no call, Steph gets the air of Gasol hand and he gets T'd up. Exaggeration for effect haha

the refs were awful for both teams.

Advertisement
AD and Kawhi are totally different players. AD has never show the mental fortitude to be that kind of player like kawhi.

on top of that, it absolutely helped that KD and Klay both missed games and suffered season ending injuries in the same series. this was the worst incarnation of Golden state. theyre likely done for next year since Klay and KD (all for him) will miss most of the season and yes i do think KD reups in GSW (most logical and smartest move). if boston wants to win now and sacrifice their future, they should go all in on AD to pair with whatever is left of the roster after the trade.

Except for the refs. All series GSW got the benefit, except for that obvious Kawhi travel haha MAKE UP CALL!

If you're talking about the Norm dunk play where the Warriors stopped guarding that wasn't even close to a travel. The Kawhi travel happened when he barrelled through Iguodala for a layup.

If you're talking about the Norm dunk play where the Warriors stopped guarding that wasn't even close to a travel. The Kawhi travel happened when he barrelled through Iguodala for a layup.

i think there was a gasol travel at the end of last night too.

Brody; he choked. It’s not the fact he missed the last shot, it’s the fact he went 6/17 from the field and 3/11 from the arc. When u’re considered a superstar, u can’t have games like that.

2016 NBA Finals Game 7:
6/19 from the field 4/14 from the arc

2015 NBA Finals Game 6:
8/19 from the field 3/11 from the arc (Iggy bailed him out-Finals MVP)

2017 NBA Finals Game 5:
10/20 from the field 2/9 from the arc (KD bailed him out-Finals MVP)

2018 was the lone exception of his play being good, and they played a demoralized Cle team that had nothing going for itself.

It was ?’d today about Curry adding to or hurting his legacy. Tonight, GSW fans are a little ****ed, no cap. But overall, Steph is my guy and I will still take him over 98% of the league.

This is the downside for living on the three ball.

It also shows how mid range shot creation comes into play.

Kawhi needed ONE bucket for the title in game 5 and couldn’t even get a shot off. The final shot was a 3 point attempt.

Gs was down ONE point and the best they could get was a hurried 3 point attempt.

This is what made Jordan so special. Phil Jackson said it best when comparing Kobe and Michael. He said Kobe had longer range but Michael got EASIER shots.

That’s the difference in the game today. Being able to create an easier shot when it is most need.

It was a great series and GS just ran out of steam. Curry ain’t got nothing to prove. His greatness is set in stone.

But so is Kawhi Leonard’s. Hopefully KD and Klay have quick recoveries and come back strong sometime in 2020. The game needs them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bunch of great guys on that Toronto team. Happy for that group.

KL has been my favorite player to watch the last 5-6 years,

I view choking as pressure busting pipes, I’ve never seen that look in dudes eyes. He’s a guy who shoots , shoots a lot, and majority are bad shots. That’s what makes his statistics so amazing.

Two of his misses tonight were three quarter court launches ( most nba players won’t do that , hurts stats ).

Then mix in running non stop off of screens the entire series , while having 2-3 guys bumping , grabbing or stepping out.like I’ve akways said , he’s either going to miss it, or make the shot. There’s nothing you can do.

He’s the main reason they make this run every year ,while depending on those bad shots.

He was playing 44 + minutes with then entire d geared toward stopping him beens kt was the only legit scorer left. They were literally trying to steal rest , and on top of that being a shooter who’s entire game is launching using nothing but legs.

Imo he’s been on fumes for a few games.

I view a choke what Lbj did against the mavs , completely shrinking , while not even wanting to take a shot because he’s afraid of the moment. Hence why they put barea on him in second half.

I just know him and gsw has huge haters and won’t respect the greatness , and how insanely difficult what he does at that size , athletic ability. While depending on all skill.

But I get today’s fan , if it’s not 50 % shooting and a triple double “you choked”. KL had some bad fg percentage games, but unlike gsw he has a bunch of guys go off in this series , sometimes 6-7 guys going for double figures. But they won , nobody will remember that.

Honestly I’m amazed they keep making these runs depending on god awful shots from thirty feet , but oh well. I get it.

He’s a huge choker. I mean he went one game in a row without hitting multiple clutch shots.

They only have to hit 1 out of 3 of those shots to egual a great percentage from 2 point range.

When they hit that one, it’s demoralizing. You over play the three, and they just take to the hole and are unselfish.

On top of all that, they have one of the best defensive field goal percentages and rebound pretty good.

It has to be pure **** playing a team like that

I hear what ur saying, but Curry is now 0-8 in game tying/game winning situations in the playoffs.

I think maybe it could be due to an over workload, but then again, his team is also stacked. Again, Steph’s my guy, but it’s true that there’s some $ mark to his clutch gene in the playoffs.

He doesn’t have the strength and athleticism to be that type of closer. He has hit game winners no doubt, but in all the basketball I have watched, the great game winning closers had strength to create contact, get a little space and still be able to rise for the shot. Or have a AI like speed to shake you for an open look.

Gambling that he will hit a 3 after a long season, as hard as he works and with the punishment he takes, is a losing bet, even for someone as amazing as he is.

Advertisement
This is the downside for living on the three ball.

It also shows how mid range shot creation comes into play.

Kawhi needed ONE bucket for the title in game 5 and couldn’t even get a shot off. The final shot was a 3 point attempt.

Gs was down ONE point and the best they could get was a hurried 3 point attempt.

This is what made Jordan so special. Phil Jackson said it best when comparing Kobe and Michael. He said Kobe had longer range but Michael got EASIER shots.

That’s the difference in the game today. Being able to create an easier shot when it is most need.

It was a great series and GS just ran out of steam. Curry ain’t got nothing to prove. His greatness is set in stone.

But so is Kawhi Leonard’s. Hopefully KD and Klay have quick recoveries and come back strong sometime in 2020. The game needs them.

regarding GSWs play call, they had no front court scoring. that look was as good of a look as they were going to get that play inside or out. boogie doesnt have the same lift right now w the injuries. losing durant and klay really hurt them along w no bench

He doesn’t have the strength and athleticism to be that type of closer. He has hit game winners no doubt, but in all the basketball I have watched, the great game winning closers had strength to create contact, get a little space and still be able to rise for the shot. Or have a AI like speed to shake you for an open look.

Gambling that he will hit a 3 after a long season, as hard as he works and with the punishment he takes, is a losing bet, even for someone as amazing as he is.

combine that with it being GSWs 515th game since 2015.

combine that with it being GSWs 515th game since 2015.

i have a ton more respect for GSW even after the loss. it took a pretty healthy and deep torotno roster and 2 massive injuries to barely squeeze by GSW at the end. raps played well, but GSW didnt die or give up. shame we didnt see a healthy on healthy matchup or even have klay finish it off last night (likely wouldve ended up in a W and a game 7 on sunday). the good part is that the east is WIDE OPEN bc i dotn think KL is staying and that raps roster is okay at best.

Advertisement
Back