Off top: warriors

Not only that, but we as Canes Fans are the last ones to really complain. Think about our 2001 team, we stacked chips on top of chips. When you win everyone wants to rock with you.

There’s a big difference in recruiting top talent or drafting top talent v. what KD did.

U can’t consider urself an all time great and go join the team that just took ur lunch. That’s a bytch move.

I have no problems w GSW. They did it the right way; draft well, keep ur core home grown, add a few veteran pieces. Respect. That’s how ALL dynasties were built. LBJ started this whole, “let me manufacture a ring” bull chit, and it’s gotten him 3 rings in 8 tries, and honestly, he should only have 1 ring, if Kawhi or Mano could hit ONE FT, and the NBA didn’t ***** Draymond.

KD was up 3-1 w all the momentum and went ice cold in crucial moments, then decided to join the team that made him their bytch? Naw, that’s not how it’s supposed to be. U can’t call urself top this or that, then.

Advertisement
The rule set you employ would make a bigger difference than you understand.

The complex defenses you talk about were created out of necessity because all the physicality has been taken out of the game.

There was no defensive three seconds and you couldn’t play zone. You could plant a defender at the rim as long as you didn’t double team off ball. It is harder to protect the basket now, giving the advantage to teams that share the ball.

The coaches basically turned the league into walk up, iso, wrestling matches in the late 90s./ early 2000. I still have nightmares of watching Mike Fratello coached teams. Scoring PLUMMETED.

Shooting the contested threes off the dribble like guys do now would have had your a** on the trading block. 4s and 5s were basically forbidden from shooting beyond 18 feet until Dirk.

Handchecking is what created the fadeaway jumper. There was no way to get space off the dribble otherwise unless you had Iverson or Marbury type handles.

Steph would have been guarded by Ron HARPER. Klay by THE GOAT. Pippen would harass Durant in a way he has never experienced. Rodman on Draymond. The only clear offensive advantage for the Warriors is a healthy Boogie.

The Bulls would win by 90s rules and the Warriors would win by today’s rules.

I love the NBA as much today as I did watching Jordan make history. I hate the underestimation of the past and the present. The Warriors are great, but they never faced anything like the Bulls.
So you really think that klay and curry..both who are better players than Reggie Miller (who was considered a star in that era) would not be stars In the 90s..smh and the bulls never faced anything like the warriors. It’s not just about who guards who. The dubs don’t depend on iso b-ball. They set screens and move without the ball better than any team we’ve seen In the modern era..mj would be drained tryna chase klay or Steph all day.
Fact is the dubs are the best colllection of talent we’ve ever seen. Let go of your nostalgia

There’s a big difference in recruiting top talent or drafting top talent v. what KD did.

U can’t consider urself an all time great and go join the team that just took ur lunch. That’s a bytch move.

I have no problems w GSW. They did it the right way; draft well, keep ur core home grown, add a few veteran pieces. Respect. That’s how ALL dynasties were built. LBJ started this whole, “let me manufacture a ring” bull chit, and it’s gotten him 3 rings in 8 tries, and honestly, he should only have 1 ring, if Kawhi or Mano could hit ONE FT, and the NBA didn’t ***** Draymond.

KD was up 3-1 w all the momentum and went ice cold in crucial moments, then decided to join the team that made him their bytch? Naw, that’s not how it’s supposed to be. U can’t call urself top this or that, then.
I agree with you in essence. But what lebron did is not equivalent to KDs move. I’ll be the first to admitt I was a Kobe fan, dwad fan, then a big Bron fan. But if lebron would’ve pulled a move like KD I would’ve lost respect. Yes lebron teamed up with wade and bosh. But that is totally different from JOINING a 73 win team and replacing Harrison Barnes. If Bron had done that move at the time, equivalent to joining the Celtics or lakers I would’ve been looking at him side ways too.

Dude Durant joined a championship team, that won 73 games that was 1 win..in fact 1 minute away from a repeat..that he down 3-1....that OKC team should’ve been in the finals. KD Disappeared In stretches of those last 3 games..yes tote point that he left to get easy titles is well taken. I respect his game. I respect his right to make that move. But it was still weak asf

If the 90s was like now, the Bulls might have had Shaq at center and Mitch Richmond or Latrell Sprewell coming off the bench!

Advertisement
Isiah under today’s rules would be FILTHY!
Zeke In today’s game would not win..in fact you put those Celtics in today’s era and they would not win. The skill that players have today is far and way better than that era

I agree with you in essence. But what lebron did is not equivalent to KDs move. I’ll be the first to admitt I was a Kobe fan, dwad fan, then a big Bron fan. But if lebron would’ve pulled a move like KD I would’ve lost respect. Yes lebron teamed up with wade and bosh. But that is totally different from JOINING a 73 win team and replacing Harrison Barnes. If Bron had done that move at the time, equivalent to joining the Celtics or lakers I would’ve been looking at him side ways too.

I’m not equating the two; but LBJ did bring on the culture of join the best team. He joined LAL b/c of what was promised, which was the ability to create a super team, but of course Magic and Pelinka and Jeanie and the chit show that’s LaLa Land is creating some doubt about that. But, no, what KD did is by far the most egregious thing I’ve ever seen a “superstar” do. U don’t join a team that made u their bytch.

Lol

The greatest defensive team arguably of all time, w a top 3 pg of all time, best rebounder EVER, a HOF SG, and maybe the best goon the game has ever seen?

Those weren't some bum teams bruh. They had to go through Larry, Jordan and Magic to win 2.

Who have the Warriors ever beat of that caliber ?

Like my man said, those Pistons teams could also score. Never forget Zeke took part in the highest scoring game in NBA history. A record that still stands.
Ain’t even mention Microwave or Dumars....

Zeke In today’s game would not win..in fact you put those Celtics in today’s era and they would not win. The skill that players have today is far and way better than that era

What?

Zeke ripping through the defense untouched with a big chasing him to the rim?

I beg to differ.

Advertisement
I’m not equating the two; but LBJ did bring on the culture of join the best team. He joined LAL b/c of what was promised, which was the ability to create a super team, but of course Magic and Pelinka and Jeanie and the chit show that’s LaLa Land is creating some doubt about that. But, no, what KD did is by far the most egregious thing I’ve ever seen a “superstar” do. U don’t join a team that made u their bytch.
I think you on that skip narrative a bit...I always thought if winning was the narrative he would’ve joined philly or Houston..I think his move to la was more of “hey fam it’s either Cleveland or La” since the kids was starting HS. I think Bron has always been gifted with the curse of no matter what I can win or have a chance..especially after what he pulled off in Cleve the last 4 years..but yeah unless KD goes to NYC with ky, back to OKC, or the clippers and win I’ll always look at him sideways...so will most

What?

Zeke ripping through the defense untouched with a big chasing him to the rim?

I beg to differ.
I think zeke would still get his, dont get me wrong. I’m saying he would not win a chip in this era..name the last small guard to win... disclaimer..Steph is 6”3 190

So you really think that klay and curry..both who are better players than Reggie Miller (who was considered a star in that era) would not be stars In the 90s..smh and the bulls never faced anything like the warriors. It’s not just about who guards who. The dubs don’t depend on iso b-ball. They set screens and move without the ball better than any team we’ve seen In the modern era..mj would be drained tryna chase klay or Steph all day.
Fact is the dubs are the best colllection of talent we’ve ever seen. Let go of your nostalgia

They dealt with the Jazz pick and roll. It’s not a foreign concept.

The Warriors would have to play defense too.....

Advertisement

This is y it’s hard to compare eras. Ppl say that players r bigger and faster today; well that’s only b/c of the nutrition, skills that are now available to them today, as oppose to yesterday.

This is what ppl forget; Zeke grew up in an era where the 3 pt line didn’t exist. A coach would bust ur head wide open for taking a 22 ft shot. It was of little value and more consequences to shoot anything outside of 15. The guys who were heavy footed would be the guys popping out w the J, while guards were breaking ppl down to either create the shot for a teammate, easy j, or layup.

It was fundamentally ingrained for players of yesteryear to shoot 18, in. Now, what if the 3pt arc was around in the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s? Would guys like Zeke still be taught to shoot 18 in? What would J West avg w a 3pt arc? If hand checking wasn’t allowed, if traveling was rarely called, if Big Men weren’t rim protectors, of illegal defense wasn’t a thing....u see how much goes in to one era v another era? U literally can’t compare eras b/c of all the nuances that’s changed the game.

Would GSW be effective yesterday as they are today? Probably not b/c illegal screens were called and most of their screens are moving. If there was no 3 pt arc or if it wasn’t popular to shoot the 3, would Steph be as effective? I mean I live in GSW territory and even their flagship station said its futile to try to compare eras b/c of how and what players were exposed to then v. now.

This is y it’s hard to compare eras. Ppl say that players r bigger and faster today; well that’s only b/c of the nutrition, skills that are now available to them today, as oppose to yesterday.

This is what ppl forget; Zeke grew up in an era where the 3 pt line didn’t exist. A coach would bust ur head wide open for taking a 22 ft shot. It was of little value and more consequences to shoot anything outside of 15. The guys who were heavy footed would be the guys popping out w the J, while guards were breaking ppl down to either create the shot for a teammate, easy j, or layup.

It was fundamentally ingrained for players of yesteryear to shoot 18, in. Now, what if the 3pt arc was around in the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s? Would guys like Zeke still be taught to shoot 18 in? What would J West avg w a 3pt arc? If hand checking wasn’t allowed, if traveling was rarely called, if Big Men weren’t rim protectors, of illegal defense wasn’t a thing....u see how much goes in to one era v another era? U literally can’t compare eras b/c of all the nuances that’s changed the game.

Would GSW be effective yesterday as they are today? Probably not b/c illegal screens were called and most of their screens are moving. If there was no 3 pt arc or if it wasn’t popular to shoot the 3, would Steph be as effective? I mean I live in GSW territory and even their flagship station said its futile to try to compare eras b/c of how and what players were exposed to then v. now.

ALL OF THIS....

I think you on that skip narrative a bit...I always thought if winning was the narrative he would’ve joined philly or Houston..I think his move to la was more of “hey fam it’s either Cleveland or La” since the kids was starting HS. I think Bron has always been gifted with the curse of no matter what I can win or have a chance..especially after what he pulled off in Cleve the last 4 years..but yeah unless KD goes to NYC with ky, back to OKC, or the clippers and win I’ll always look at him sideways...so will most

U mean Bayless? Naw cuddy, part of LBJ moving to LA was his own personal venture in entertainment, the other part of what Magic promised. LAL has tremendous assets. And b4 we go back & forth b/c I know ur a fan of his, I’m not just making up some bull chit. One of my clients is a former minority owner of LAL, and a business partner for Magic and formerly Dr Buss. We talk shop.

Advertisement
But
They dealt with the Jazz pick and roll. It’s not a foreign concept.

The Warriors would have to play defense too.....
but the warriors pick n roll is totally different with dray..U actually think Anyone on the jazz is better than Steph and klay?

ALL OF THIS....

It’s being real. U can’t compare eras. Big Men were taught to go low, back to the basket, rim protect, block shots. They weren’t even really taught to steal the ball. PG were taught to dump the ball in. For a period of time, dunking was outlawed, so why would a kid try to 360 anything? Lol. Then u have the European element that’s apart of the game now, that wasn’t then. I mean, it’s way too much to compare

U mean Bayless? Naw cuddy, part of LBJ moving to LA was his own personal venture in entertainment, the other part of what Magic promised. LAL has tremendous assets. And b4 we go back & forth b/c I know ur a fan of his, I’m not just making up some bull chit. My client is a former minority owner of LAL, and a business partner for Magic and formerly Dr Buss. We talk shop.
I can’t agree..I think Bron was going to LAL no matter if magic was there of not. Hence the notion of him putting fam and the ability to overcome the front office above rational thinking. In my opinion he would’ve chosen the clippers since jerry west is above and beyond magic in status of gm and he could still have full control of his entertainment ventures..this just my opinion from way a far tho..glamour of the lakers> clippers

Advertisement
Back