Off top: warriors

Only way Warriors lose is if Iggy gets hurt --- the Dubs will have 3-4 different guys guard the machine however Iggy has to be the difference maker

Advertisement
I’m not hating on KD at all. It was a weak move bro..everybody knows it was a basketball move for him and mostly about rings. It’s not like he wasn’t on a legit championship contender and just came up short multiple times..plus KD was what 27/28 when went to the dubs..Bron was 33/34. Brons move was mostly about setting up his kids and playing for the lakers like most greats. Fam wanted to stay in clev or move to la..I think the whole Hollywood narrative is overplayed. For instance space jam 2 and the shop were known to be coming out when he was in Cleveland. The man owns a private jet lol. He don’t need to live in LA to get that done.

There's only one problem: No one is going to be able to win with Westbrook. Durant saw that, anyone with two working eyes saw that. Why keep banging your head against a wall? Durant understood that there was a better opportunity to win titles, and he did just that.

Yeah, I'll go on ahead and be that guy, but Jordan's Bulls, Magics Lakers, Birds Celtics, Thomas Pistons, and Hakeems Rockets sweep any Warriors squad.

They'd shut down at least 2 of the warriors 3 top scorers.

Not saying the game is soft nowadays or taking anything from Golden State, either.

Those Piston teams would maul the Warriors. They not only had the size inside with Mahorn and Laimbeer, they had some legit scoring punch as well. People forget that they were also freakishly long and athletic with Rodman and Salley being extremely young, mobile guys. Draymond wouldn't want any of Rodman. Isiah would punk Steph, especially in a world where he could hand check and use his body on the perimeter. Klay would probably be able to get his, because his game and skill set translates well. Same with KD. That said, who is going to guard Isiah? Steph doesn't play any D worth a ****.

There's only one problem: No one is going to be able to win with Westbrook. Durant saw that, anyone with two working eyes saw that. Why keep banging your head against a wall? Durant understood that there was a better opportunity to win titles, and he did just that.
Dude Durant joined a championship team, that won 73 games that was 1 win..in fact 1 minute away from a repeat..that he down 3-1....that OKC team should’ve been in the finals. KD Disappeared In stretches of those last 3 games..yes tote point that he left to get easy titles is well taken. I respect his game. I respect his right to make that move. But it was still weak asf

Advertisement
lol....smh.

LET'S GO RAPTORS
:rickflair2:
Lmaooo I did not see that raptors beating the bucks..I knew Giannis need a jumper but **** that **** got exposed more than I thought it would..This gonna be interesting. Dubs have no answer for #2 but they gonna have home running behind soo many screens

Dude Durant joined a championship team, that won 73 games that was 1 win..in fact 1 minute away from a repeat..that he down 3-1....that OKC team should’ve been in the finals. KD Disappeared In stretches of those last 3 games..yes tote point that he left to get easy titles is well taken. I respect his game. I respect his right to make that move. But it was still weak asf

How dare he go and play with an elite team? Let me guess, you think it's cool to waste your prime banging your head into a brick wall, knowing full well that your legacy is based upon winning titles.. Nothing weak about it, he did what most players would have done.

How dare he go and play with an elite team? Let me guess, you think it's cool to waste your prime banging your head into a brick wall, knowing full well that your legacy is based upon winning titles.. Nothing weak about it, he did what most players would have done.
Just wait..this dude has played with Westbrook(MVP), ibaka, and harden(MVP)..granted they was young..then OKC WAS a legit title contender..up 3-1 and would have been the favorite against Bron with Homecourt..it’s not like he was stuck with no talent around him and a bad front office ...yes I’m the type of guy who doesnt does jump on the winning Team at a open gym when I should’ve loss lol..even Dray told him he was a ***** and “we don’t need you *****, leave!!..his “legacy” will always be looked as Curry and The Warriors with KD. Not the Warriors led by KD. That’s a fact. Narrative does matter. And that’s even more of a fact since we see what the warriors are doing W/O him. His legacy will need validation by his next move. And clearly this notion is bothersome to KD himself..I respect his right to make the decision. But it was the weakest move by a superstar and **** sure top 2 player of all time

Advertisement
Those Piston teams would maul the Warriors. They not only had the size inside with Mahorn and Laimbeer, they had some legit scoring punch as well. People forget that they were also freakishly long and athletic with Rodman and Salley being extremely young, mobile guys. Draymond wouldn't want any of Rodman. Isiah would punk Steph, especially in a world where he could hand check and use his body on the perimeter. Klay would probably be able to get his, because his game and skill set translates well. Same with KD. That said, who is going to guard Isiah? Steph doesn't play any D worth a ****.
I've long argued Zeke and Hakeem are the most underrated players in NBA history.

Isiah could've averaged 30 a game if he wanted.

Those teams destroy the Warriors even with today's rules.

I've long argued Zeke and Hakeem are the most underrated players in NBA history.

Isiah could've averaged 30 a game if he wanted.

Those teams destroy the Warriors even with today's rules.

Lol

Yeah the team with two of the greatest scorers in tie history of the NBA, another player considered a top all time 3 point shooter who can also play defense, another all defensive guy who can play point from the 4 will get “destroyed”

The Warriors would beat anytime other than those Bulls team, and the only reason I say that is because of the Jordan factor

These Warriors have a legit 3 guys in green, iggy, and okay who can guard anyone

Lol

Yeah the team with two of the greatest scorers in tie history of the NBA, another player considered a top all time 3 point shooter who can also play defense, another all defensive guy who can play point from the 4 will get “destroyed”

The Warriors would beat anytime other than those Bulls team, and the only reason I say that is because of the Jordan factor

These Warriors have a legit 3 guys in green, iggy, and okay who can guard anyone
Lol

The greatest defensive team arguably of all time, w a top 3 pg of all time, best rebounder EVER, a HOF SG, and maybe the best goon the game has ever seen?

Those weren't some bum teams bruh. They had to go through Larry, Jordan and Magic to win 2.

Who have the Warriors ever beat of that caliber ?

Like my man said, those Pistons teams could also score. Never forget Zeke took part in the highest scoring game in NBA history. A record that still stands.

Lol

The greatest defensive team arguably of all time, w a top 3 pg of all time, best rebounder EVER, a HOF SG, and maybe the best goon the game has ever seen?

Those weren't some bum teams bruh. They had to go through Larry, Jordan and Magic to win 2.

Who have the Warriors ever beat of that caliber ?

Like my man said, those Pistons teams could also score. Never forget Zeke took part in the highest scoring game in NBA history. A record that still stands.
Wilt says hello to your best rebounder ever.

Advertisement

Agreed. Winning is fun. Most of us would do the same thing.

Not only that, but we as Canes Fans are the last ones to really complain. Think about our 2001 team, we stacked chips on top of chips. When you win everyone wants to rock with you.

I can't even watch todays basketball

fcking euro ball is all I wanna say about it, turn the time back to 2004 and watch the olympics and you'll see this same basketball being played against our squad

it worked that year because larry brown is the most overrated coach in history and that team was honestly a joke compared to what we could have sent... but the lesson here is our brand of basketball up to that point used to destroy those teams. It's not because we were so much better ( because we were ) then them, it's because they simply don't have the bigs to matchup with us

we slowly turned into a soft, european, 3 point chucking circus fest and I have no idea why.

ratings are down massively this season for the nba, the all star game has been a joke for many many years when it was can't miss television for so long

people ain't watching because it's boring af. Playoffs have been a bit better but still, this is an outlier

Advertisement
And non of those defenses faced the diversity that offense presents today..that’s like Thinking the bears defenses would shut down modern offenses in football..that’s just dumb logic. Players today are More skilled and across the board bigger

The rule set you employ would make a bigger difference than you understand.

The complex defenses you talk about were created out of necessity because all the physicality has been taken out of the game.

There was no defensive three seconds and you couldn’t play zone. You could plant a defender at the rim as long as you didn’t double team off ball. It is harder to protect the basket now, giving the advantage to teams that share the ball.

The coaches basically turned the league into walk up, iso, wrestling matches in the late 90s./ early 2000. I still have nightmares of watching Mike Fratello coached teams. Scoring PLUMMETED.

Shooting the contested threes off the dribble like guys do now would have had your a** on the trading block. 4s and 5s were basically forbidden from shooting beyond 18 feet until Dirk.

Handchecking is what created the fadeaway jumper. There was no way to get space off the dribble otherwise unless you had Iverson or Marbury type handles.

Steph would have been guarded by Ron HARPER. Klay by THE GOAT. Pippen would harass Durant in a way he has never experienced. Rodman on Draymond. The only clear offensive advantage for the Warriors is a healthy Boogie.

The Bulls would win by 90s rules and the Warriors would win by today’s rules.

I love the NBA as much today as I did watching Jordan make history. I hate the underestimation of the past and the present. The Warriors are great, but they never faced anything like the Bulls.

Well, yes, that is my entire point. Players like Curry wouldn't be able to do what they do against those old defensive rules. Not in the same manner anyhow. Your point about athletes being bigger, stronger and faster today is valid. I don't deny that at all. And if the NBA's defense rules had never changed, there would obviously still be **** good teams in today's day and age. Arguably even better teams than those from the older eras. But the DOMINANT players today, if the rules didn't change, would look much more like Lebron than Curry/Harden/Westbrook/Lillard/etc. That later type of player is a biproduct of the league's rule changes.

No, the warriors would not score 110+pts per game with ease vs the 90's knicks like they do pretty much against everyone they play right now. Not even close. You think ball movement, screens and jump shots are something GS invented? C'mon, man. Teams have been running those systems since before I was born. Yes, GS does it extremely well. But the current rules have created an environment that allows that play style to flourish. There's nothing wrong with that. And I have tremendous respect for what GS has accomplished. They don't make the rules, they just have to play in them, and they do it better than anyone else ever has. Again, my entire initial point was simply that you can't really compare a 2019 GS team vs a 1996 Bulls team. The game is so different that neither team is tooled to dominate in the other team's era and rule set.

You make the statement that a change in era and rules won't effect a play style. That makes no sense. That's EXACTLY the effect it has. Heck, there's no better example of that than Wilt Chamberlain. As everyone knows, he scored 100pts in a single game. His scoring average throughout his career was absurd. Why? Because he was the only 7 footer in the league at the time in a game that had no 3 second violation. I don't at all doubt that Wilt was a phenomenal basketball player. But would he have been scoring 100pts a game if he played today? Of course not.

The rules changes made the point guard the most important guy on the floor.

It’s all about the 1 and the forward that can play the 3 and stretch 4.

Back then, 2s and 5s dominated.

Advertisement
Back