Off Season Thread: FSU-Bama Week 1

TheUBack

Taking a break
The season is coming up so quick I can taste it. Excited for the season and I think we have an excellent shot to win the Coastal. September 2 just wondering how the rest of you will be rooting (aside from hanging 70 on Bethune).

On the one hand f FSU with a barbed wire ***** covered in AIDS blood. On the other also f bama and sabag. I think I will have to hold my nose and hope Cuckbo and Frenchy pull out the W for better strength of schedule when we stomp them in Tally. Also better for the conference to continue dominating them bamas. Still the thought feels wrong. How are the rest of you seeing it?

Advertisement
You're not a real Canes fan if you're pulling for FSU to beat Bama. Bama's been a pain in the *** for some recruits, but they're not our rival.

If you have any dignity and common sense, you're pulling for Bama to downright molest FSU on national television.

Same goes for Michigan with Florida. I hope Harbaugh does to McEltooth what dip**** did to the shark.

A Canes fan should NEVER root for FSU! The only time it would be remotely acceptable is when they are versing UF and have the worse record of the two.

Having FSU lose multiple games is MUCH better for us recruiting wise then them only losing 1 game to us. That's like saying Pittsburgh had the recruiting advantage over Clemson last year because they beat Clemson.

FSU losing one game will not do anything to them in recruiting. Having them lose 4 or 5 could make recruits think they might be falling off and should go to another school, though.

Last edited:
I think Michigan-Florida is obvious. Root for rival to get obliterated. UiF is not in conference and we dont get to play them this season. I think FSU-Bama is different because the Canes will get to stomp the Noles Week 3.

I think Michigan-Florida is obvious. Root for rival to get obliterated. UiF is not in conference and we dont get to play them this season. I think FSU-Bama is different because the Canes will get to stomp the Noles Week 3.

So? One loss is not enough for FSU. They've been leading the state for years and ever loss diminishes credibility

Advertisement
You're not a real Canes fan if you're pulling for FSU to beat Bama. Bama's been a pain in the *** for some recruits, but they're not our rival.

If you have any dignity and common sense, you're pulling for Bama to downright molest FSU on national television.

Same goes for Michigan with Florida. I hope Harbaugh does to McEltooth what dip**** did to the shark.
Spot on

They've beaten us 7 years in row & could possibly make it 8 this year...

Stop ****** rooting for FSU, who gives a **** about SOS & making the ACC look good.

The ACC will never be voted out of the playoffs, you win this conference & you're in 100%.

For Millionth **** time, FSU beating Bama helps FSU, not Miami, not the ACC, FS ****** U. Stop.

When will people understand that if WE take care of business and win, we WILL achieve our goals. F the noles, strength of schedule, strong ACC, etc. I hope they lose every game in embarrassing fashion!!

Just finished posting this and saw LCE's post....Thank you!!

Last edited:
Alabama is just as big of a threat in recruiting as FSU or do Amari Cooper, Calvin Ridley, Jerry Jeudy, no longer exist?

Personally im not "rooting" for either team and dont care who wins. But Miami beating an FSU team that beat Alabama is the scenario that will have the greatest level of impact for this program.

Advertisement
When will people understand that if WE take care of business and win, we WILL achieve our goals. F the noles, strength of schedule, strong ACC, etc. I hope they lose every game in embarrassing fashion!!

You get it. Apparently the new thing is to cheer on your rival and cheer on conference teams now.

Alabama is just as big of a threat in recruiting as FSU or do Amari Cooper, Calvin Ridley, Jerry Jeudy, no longer exist?

Personally im not "rooting" for either team and dont care who wins. But Miami beating an FSU team that beat Alabama is the scenario that will have the greatest level of impact for this program.

Might be woat post. LOL at a few recruits going to Bama equating to Jim Bob raping south Florida studs for years and an extra LOL at fsu beating Bama in any way, shape or form, helping Miami.

That's what I was thinking. But now after hearing from other Cane fans I'm hoping FSU gets demolished. I just think the SEC is weak after Bama and I'd love to see those rednecks get smacked also

You can't actually believe Alabama is at the same threat level as FSU for Miami. Not because Alabama can't get the kids like FSU. If they wanted to offer as many kids as FSU does I'm sure they would be, but Alabama goes after a couple kids from South Florida a year and the rest is from elsewhere. FSU takes a whole lot of kids from South Florida and tries to make pipelines.

You named three guys from different classes for Alabama. I'm sure if you name all the south florida kids Alabama has taken compared to FSU in the past 5 years you will see who the bigger threat is.

Lastly, and possibly most important. Alabama is on top right now, there is no way for them to really get any higher. Recruits aren't going to all of a sudden change their mind on Alabama if they win the National Championship this year. FSU is still below them, so them winning would be an upset, regardless, and will help them a ton with recruits.

Advertisement

You get it. Apparently the new thing is to cheer on your rival and cheer on conference teams now.

Thanks, these millennials are a new breed.

Might be woat post. LOL at a few recruits going to Bama equating to Jim Bob raping south Florida studs for years and an extra LOL at fsu beating Bama in any way, shape or form, helping Miami.

Lol are you retarded??? the fact that you feel so dismissive of an obvious fact makes me think you are.

Lol are you retarded??? the fact that you feel so dismissive of an obvious fact makes me think you are.
U must be considering anything you said as "obvious" please see logical responses above.

Advertisement
This board is so shook over Josh Jobe being recruited by Alabama but somehow I'm wrong??

Who are all these south Florida studs FSU has beaten us for that y'all are talking about aside from McFadden and Dalvin Cook?? Everyone else either we didn't recruit or didnt live up to expectations anyway.

This board is so shook over Josh Jobe being recruited by Alabama but somehow I'm wrong??

Who are all these south Florida studs FSU has beaten us for that y'all are talking about aside from McFadden and Dalvin Cook?? Everyone else either we didn't recruit or didnt live up to expectations anyway.

FSU has beaten us for a lot more than McFadden and Cook. Again, how could any sensible Canes fan cheer for FSU against Bama? Someone explain it to me like I'm 5...........better yet, 3.

Advertisement
Back