Off Season Thread: FSU-Bama Week 1

As a Cane fan for over55 years I will never ever root for a semenhole,****,****eye,or Notre Dump.

Ain't happening and anyone that ever does root for any of these teams should have they're Cane fan card pulled...

Advertisement
When are you cheer-for-FSU clowns going to get it?

Every single bad thing that happens to FSU is good for us. Let me repeat: every single bad thing that happens to FSU is good for us. We compete much more directly, not just in quality but in volume, for a lot of the same recruits.

What would beating the #1 ranked team in the nation own their on field on national tv do for MIAMI?

For Millionth **** time, FSU beating Bama helps FSU, not Miami, not the ACC, FS ****** U. Stop.

What would beating the #1 ranked team in the nation own their on field on national tv do for MIAMI?

People haven't been paying attention to how the CFP committee is selecting. Not only does beating FSU knock them out, but it also gives us the edge over Alabama in beating a common opponent. This is the most common sense thing, I'm not sure what's so hard to understand.

This board is so shook over Josh Jobe being recruited by Alabama but somehow I'm wrong??

Who are all these south Florida studs FSU has beaten us for that y'all are talking about aside from McFadden and Dalvin Cook?? Everyone else either we didn't recruit or didnt live up to expectations anyway.

FSU has beaten us for a lot more than McFadden and Cook. Again, how could any sensible Canes fan cheer for FSU against Bama? Someone explain it to me like I'm 5...........better yet, 3.

Show me one person in this thread that has made a post saying they're "cheering" for FSU??

Advertisement
When are you cheer-for-FSU clowns going to get it?

Every single bad thing that happens to FSU is good for us. Let me repeat: every single bad thing that happens to FSU is good for us. We compete much more directly, not just in quality but in volume, for a lot of the same recruits.

This board has a serious problem with Mental illness

For Millionth **** time, FSU beating Bama helps FSU, not Miami, not the ACC, FS ****** U. Stop.

If FSU is good enough to beat Bama, they're obviously good enough to beat Miami, so ask yourself if they beat them what makes you think we're going to be the ones that beat FSU?

Transitive property has no impact on recruiting or rankings.

I don't care what falsely sophisticated argument you guys try to make, FSU beating Bama ONLY benefits them.

Remember last year when all the geniuses on this board were saying the exact same thing of wanting FSU undefeated for when we played them, then what happened?

Would Miami have beaten FSU last year if FSU didn't lose to Louisville? You see how ridiculous that sounds.

You all base this "great undefeated FSU" being good for us argument simply on a hypothetical that never actually comes true lol.

giphy.jpg

Selection Committee Protocol | College Football Playoff

"When circumstances at the margins indicate that the teams are comparable, then the following criteria must be considered....

* Comparative outcomes of common opponents"

Advertisement
Advertisement

View attachment 48883

Selection Committee Protocol | College Football Playoff

"When circumstances at the margins indicate that the teams are comparable, then the following criteria must be considered....

* Comparative outcomes of common opponents"
That's based on all things being equal, if Miami & FSU finished with the same record with resumes being weighed.

Which is again, a complete hypothetical. The entire argument is based around presenting the best resume possible for the committee which only matters if you're in the running for the playoffs & tied with another school.

FSU beats Bama, then we beat FSU will be great as long as we don't lose any other games.
FSU beats Bama, then FSU beats us & guess what happens then?

That's based on all things being equal, if Miami & FSU finished with the same record with resumes being weighed.

Which is again, a complete hypothetical. The entire argument is based around presenting the best resume possible for the committee which only matters if you're in the running for the playoffs & tied with another school.

FSU beats Bama, then we beat FSU will be great as long as we don't lose any other games.
FSU beats Bama, then FSU beats us & guess what happens then?

No, that would be the head to head criteria.

I'm referring to comparing our resume with Alabama's. We don't get a head to head evaluation because we don't play them. But we do have a common opponent this year. An undefeated Miami team vs. a 1-loss Alabama team for a playoff spot isn't nearly the shoo-in anyone on here thinks, particularly given our schedule this year. A 1-loss Miami vs. 1-loss Bama? We will need all the help we can get with that one.

Why not just go to warchant if you wanna cheer for fsu so bad?

Why don't you go to Alabama's site if you want to cheer for them so bad.

point to where I said that I was cheering for alabama

I will when you point to where anyone said they were cheering for FSU.

My mistake. I didn't know reading was hard for you

Yeah, it's real hard.

Advertisement
Strength of schedule matters a sh*t ton for schools like Western Michigan, Houston, Boise St, BYU etc..

Schools like Bama, Clemson, Oh St, Michigan, USC, FSU, Miami, Oklahoma, Texas & other marquee programs don't really need to have pretty resumes, they go undefeated or are a 1 loss Conference champion in most cases they're in.

SOS comes into play if you're a team fighting for the 4th playoff spot, but eye test matters equally as much to the committee.

But the point I think a lot of us are making is we don't really care about the committee as of right now, because we haven't even won the Coastal yet.

I'll want FSU undefeated when we're in the running for a Natty next year, but in 2017 not so much.

Now Notre Dame & Va Tech, I would be fine with them being undefeated for when we play them this year, because circumstances are a lot more in our favor for those games.

Last edited:
They've beaten us 7 years in row & could possibly make it 8 this year...

Stop ****in rooting for FSU, who gives a **** about SOS & making the ACC look good.

The ACC will never be voted out of the playoffs, you win this conference & you're in 100%.

For Millionth **** time, FSU beating Bama helps FSU, not Miami, not the ACC, FS ****in U. Stop.

fuq fsu fuq the ACC fuq the SEC fuq Bama

that being said i hope bama fuqin kills them.........and fuq the rest I only root for this U

Wow this thread is bad.

Go ahead and pound your chests about how much you hate FSU, but if you can't see how FSU beating Bama helps the ACC and Miami this year and in years to come, then you just aren't keeping up with the game.

so what happens if fsu beats bama and beats us? They r in instantly

U cant root for FSU in this game and call yourself a cane fan,............maybe a florida football fan yes but u cant claim to be a real cane fan. How could u want FSU to win on top of that they may beat us week 3 for the 8th time in a row

Advertisement
Back