Off Season Thread: FSU-Bama Week 1

A practical Canes fan sees that FSWho has been far and away a better performing team than us over the last several years; of course any losses on their schedule help us pick up ground in recruiting. However, what made this rivalry so great was that we were often each other's only losses in a season. This game had national championship implications. In 2017, after 7 straight losses, we need that W so bad that I hope they get steamrolled by every team on their sched. But when all things balance out, the best games are between a strong Miami and a strong FSU with the Canes bringing home the W.

Advertisement
They've beaten us 7 years in row & could possibly make it 8 this year...

Stop ****** rooting for FSU, who gives a **** about SOS & making the ACC look good.

The ACC will never be voted out of the playoffs, you win this conference & you're in 100%.

For Millionth **** time, FSU beating Bama helps FSU, not Miami, not the ACC, FS ****** U. Stop.

It's not about making the ACC look good, it's about making us look good. I wish nothing but heartache and pain on the holes, but you have to see how it looks better for us to beat undefeated fsu than 1 loss fsu. Maybe that's worth more in recruiting than fsu losing to us and bama maybe it isn't, but it's at least debatable. Whatever, I'll be rooting for a 2-2 tie. But whatever happens, it's a win for us as long as we take care of fsu.

Since they went to a playoff committee, strength of schedule isn't as important as passing the eyeball test and playing well at the end of the season. The people who decide it are relying on their eyes and gut and not some computer analysis. Clemson beat FSuck(a team that got beat by 40 to Louisville), lost to Pittsburgh and still made it to the playoffs because the committee thought they were one of the best four teams. And they proved them right. So it doesn't ******* matter what FSuck is ranked at all whatsoever. Them beating Alabama really doesn't matter much when it comes to Miami beating them. And if you think Alabama is a bigger threat in recruiting SoFla than FSuck, you're ******* clueless and can't be helped. **** FSuck and **** anyone who roots for them to win. Ever.

Last edited:
LOL at any finook rooting for FSU to win. "Oh beating them after they beat bama is so great".

**** YOU. You ****** root for FSU while I look for that boxer in the green shirt to destroy that whole fan base.

I'm probably not going to watch the game. But if you can't see how FSU beating Alabama indirectly helps us.... I know you watch TV..... You about ESPN, but YOU watch it... BEATING THE TEAM THAT BEAT THE BEST, IS BETTER THEN BEATING THE TEAM THAT LOST TO THE BEST!!.

I was yelling.

I'm old. I don't want to call it millennial, because it's not. But the pound your chest, super fan bull****, even when it it not in the best interests of your team is a new thing.

CrazyCane nailed it. Alabama is as much of a threat to the highest level of 305 talent as FSU.

Advertisement
I'm probably not going to watch the game. But if you can't see how FSU beating Alabama indirectly helps us.... I know you watch TV..... You about ESPN, but YOU watch it... BEATING THE TEAM THAT BEAT THE BEST, IS BETTER THEN BEATING THE TEAM THAT LOST TO THE BEST!!.

I was yelling.

I'm old. I don't want to call it millennial, because it's not. But the pound your chest, super fan bull****, even when it it not in the best interests of your team is a new thing.

CrazyCane nailed it. Alabama is as much of a threat to the highest level of 305 talent as FSU.
LOL. So, we should be national champions. We beat Pitt handily and Pitt beat Clemson. IT DOESN'T MATTER, WE WIN, WE'RE IN. EVEN IF FSUCK IS 0-12!!

When will people understand that if WE take care of business and win, we WILL achieve our goals. F the noles, strength of schedule, strong ACC, etc. I hope they lose every game in embarrassing fashion!!

Just finished posting this and saw LCE's post....Thank you!!

You get it. Apparently the new thing is to cheer on your rival and cheer on conference teams now.

Sec fans started this. Now every conference fan is doing this. It's just insane , I'll never pull for any of our rivals.

Ever.

The way I see things, it will be fun to destroy their hopes of a playoff and essentially spoil their season and media hype in the first month of the season.

I don't see them beating Bama when Saban has months to prepare for them.
Let's go out there and end their season.

Advertisement
When will people understand that if WE take care of business and win, we WILL achieve our goals. F the noles, strength of schedule, strong ACC, etc. I hope they lose every game in embarrassing fashion!!

Just finished posting this and saw LCE's post....Thank you!!

You get it. Apparently the new thing is to cheer on your rival and cheer on conference teams now.

Sec fans started this. Now every conference fan is doing this. It's just insane , I'll never pull for any of our rivals.

Ever.

I just don't get it. There's a strong possibility that we lose to FSU again given that we play in Tallahassee and we have huge question marks at the most important position.

If FSU beats Bama, then beats us, then what? Clemson and UL would be their only other road blocks. FSU would have a strong case of being in the playoff. That in no way is good for Miami in terms of recruiting.

Fvck fswho and fvck you! I would never root for my rivals! EVER! I'm rolling with .. [MENTION=2343]Cribby[/MENTION]!!

Wow this thread is bad.

Go ahead and pound your chests about how much you hate FSU, but if you can't see how FSU beating Bama helps the ACC and Miami this year and in years to come, then you just aren't keeping up with the game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol y'all so wound up like this some gang ****. But you're not really about that life relax. Everyone of yall be doing that fake tough guy shxt at the games standing in front of the police for security lol.

Im not all emotionally invested like yall bxtches so FSU winning or losing to Bama I couldn't care less. I want Miami to win every game simple as that.

I hope FREE SHOES U gets curb stomped by the elephants. And we will snap there streak this year. O'doyle rules!!!

Advertisement
Back