OC prediction

Advertisement
1987 FSU
1988 Michigan
1992 FSU
2000 FSU
1996 WVU (I love this game)

Although I firmly believe 1991 vs FSU is the greatest CFB ever played.
Great choices. Hard to pick 5.

Probably need 10, maybe a few more…

1984 UF
Kosar to Eddie Brown, :09 left

1988 FSU
Beat #1 31-0 to open the season

1994 FSU
Redemption after the 58-0 home streak was ended the previous home game vs Washington.
Carlos Jone’s game-clinching Pick 6 was a nuclear explosion

2017 ND
At the time, the best game in over a decade. Haven’t had such a game since.

2001 Syracuse (59-0) and Washington (65-7)
Combined consecutive wins over Top 12 teams
Revenge on Washington (for 1994 and 2000)
Eight quarters of nearly perfect football

1984 UF

1988 FSU

1994 FSU
Redemption after the 58-0 home streak was ended the previous home game vs Washington.

2017 ND
At the time, the best game in over a decade. Haven’t had such a game since.

1994 FSU is probably my personal favorite game ever. I was trying to include games that were very close and had yuge implications. The 4th quarter of 94 FSU was surprisingly tame, because their fight had been extinguished.

Advertisement
1994 FSU is probably my personal favorite game ever. I was trying to include games that were very close and had yuge implications. The 4th quarter of 94 FSU was surprisingly tame, because their fight had been extinguished.
I’ve watched the highlights on YT a dozen times. Both teams hit so hard I flinch.

Advertisement

1984 UF

1988 FSU

1994 FSU

2017 ND: At the time, the best game in over a decade. Haven’t had such a game since.

The 2017 ND game was so f**king epic. I remember the poster on here predicting Bandy getting his first pick 6 and when it happened I was blown away and hype. We dominated from start to finish. It was Richt's and Miami's finest moment in a long time.

A more immediate question is when do Mario and Gattis part ways? A week after Pitt? He has to do it before early signing.
Needs to be before Dec. 5th when the portal becomes active. Need to be able to SHOW that the OC / offense will be changed in order to have even a shot of recruiting portal WR, RB, OL, TE. 1st step in the "next chapter" of the rebuild.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario goes out and grabs the UNC pair of Phil Longo (currently at $900k) for OC and Lonnie Galloway (currently at $440k) for WR coach

Both are coaches that produce year in and year out, great recruiters, with strong resumes and experience. Each will get at least a 50% bump in pay
Longo is HC in waiting, once Mack says adios...... next OC hire should be able to bring 1-2 of his guys.....

Longo is HC in waiting, once Mack says adios...... next OC hire should be able to bring 1-2 of his guys.....
The unknown factor is not knowing how long Mack actually intends to stick around & how patient Longo actually is; you can't wait forever, especially when you have an opportunity in the here and now hypothetically.

Candle would need to take a “demotion” to OC from HC, but he would likely bring K. Beard as WR coach and possibly another staff member.

No inside knowledge, but I believe the Candle shipped sailed last year. Such a move from HC to OC is obviously “one step back/two steps forward” type of thinking, but it’s too risky of a career move to hitch your wagon to Mario given our performance this year.

Also, the Longo aspirations seem far fetched and unrealistic. It’s a lateral move (at best) to a division/conference rival. Unlikely.

I’m on the “make it difficult for Tom Herman to say no” bandwagon until the wheels fall off. Then take a stab at Riley and Kittley (in no particular order). All three of those candidates make me giddy.

Outside of those three, I am gonna have to wait for LCE to resurface before getting too excited again.

Advertisement
Back