Oakland Raiders

Advertisement
It was a glorified practice. Tate has been here 4 months and has 4 months to continue to get better. If there is room for interpretation as to who is the best fit to start at QB, they will start the guy they recruited to Miami.

I agree it was a glorified practice however bring Drew Bree's into that scrimmage and he is gonna stand out as the best guy out there. The best QB is gonna shine in almost every situation. The fact it was basically a practice doesn't change the fact that Martell looked terrible and inaccurate. The staff is gonna start who is the best QB not the guy they recruited.

Who is also way overrated. If I'm the Raiders, I'm looking to trade down at every opportunity in this draft and stockpile high picks for the future. They need to tank and tank hard for a year or two and build a young team through the draft. That team is hopeless as it sits right now.

In the end, if that is the plan that Gruden and Mayock execute, I will be impressed. If those guys really think they are going to try and win now, they will be confirmed as in over their heads.

I don't think so. Mayock has connection all across the league. He was a player. He knows the business. He's more knowledgeable than most guys who talk draft on TV. If guys like Jeff Ireland and Mike Tannenbaum were GMs, how is Mayock not qualified? Just listening to the guy speak, you can tell he knows his stuff. He made the NFL Network much more enjoyable to watch than ESPN and Kiper.

The only reason he won in Tampa was because those where Tony Dungy's players. Your right, his trading away of the best defensive player and one of the best WRs last yr was a crime.
As Buc fan I thought it was time to move beyond Dungy, but his and staff ability to recognize talent was exceptional. His offense was just to bland to get deep in the playoffs. Following the SB victory Gruden and the GM Allen departed from sound scouting and player development to quick fixes through free agency. His next and on going fraud is that he is a QB guru. He never drafted or developed a quality QB. The team went back to being the lowly Bucs and have never recovered. To be honest many of us could be a GM considering how many have failed so miserably for their teams over the years. Trust me when I say Gruden is an arrogant and conceded little fraud that believes he is all knowing and brings in inexperienced managers , Mike Mayock, to follow his lead.

I agree it was a glorified practice however bring Drew Bree's into that scrimmage and he is gonna stand out as the best guy out there. The best QB is gonna shine in almost every situation. The fact it was basically a practice doesn't change the fact that Martell looked terrible and inaccurate. The staff is gonna start who is the best QB not the guy they recruited.

Mathew Baldwin, the guy who just entered the portal from OSU, out shined Justin Fields in their spring game. Would start him over Fields if u were a coach?

Every coach is going to start the best guy but coach Diaz said this is still a close battle. That's why I said if it is close they will go with the guy they hand picked. Coaches have said numerous times that the competition will be won in the summer. If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Martell to outwork the guys that have been suspended for games in the past.

Advertisement
Technically they all have been in the system the same amount of time, approx. 14 practices. Diaz and Enos knew none of the rostered QB's had any real coaching and depth was needed, not that they believed Martell was the answer. I don't believe they are in anyway dedicated to Martell.

They will blow these draft picks...

Traded Mack and Cooper(thanks as im a cowboys fan).... sucks to be a Raiders fan.

YES they will blow it

Also you're welcome. :D Anything to help those that cannot help themselves.

Sucks ...Hmmm not really.....Luckily for me, I don't determine my self image or worth by how well a professional football team that I selected as a child because I liked the colors does ....Because unlike Miami which I attended ....I have no actual ties to them other than habit.

BTW Since you're trying to bust my balls, I've moved 15 years ago to the Philly area, so while the Raiders will always be my 1st love ......since I live here now, I've become a season ticket holding Eagles fan.

So If you wish, to help you know or remember how good it feels, I can send you some pics of how I and the rest of the city actually celebrated when the Eagles won their recent Super Bowl......Just doing it because I know your Boys haven't even come into close range of winning it in a looooong while ....Bless your hearts...

Have a good one and let's talk again when the season starts......And also remember GRUDEN SUCKS

I don't think so. Mayock has connection all across the league. He was a player. He knows the business. He's more knowledgeable than most guys who talk draft on TV. If guys like Jeff Ireland and Mike Tannenbaum were GMs, how is Mayock not qualified? Just listening to the guy speak, you can tell he knows his stuff. He made the NFL Network much more enjoyable to watch than ESPN and Kiper.

All good points. Still, saying the guy is better than Jeff Ireland or how about Redskins GM Bruce Allen, isn't the same as saying he'll be a great GM. There are some absolutely atrocious GM's in sports, like guys that are absolutely stealing money by collecting a paycheck. Just being better than a bum doesn't make someone King Midas.

I said Mayock was overrated, not that he should be taking orders at McDonald's.

Like I said, this draft will be revealing to see how he and Gruden manage their assets. If they do a good job of accumulating both young talent and, more importantly for the moment, adding to their future pick value, I will be impressed. If they act like all they need is 3-4 good players and Antonio Brown will put them over the top to winning a SB, we'll know they are a total clown show.

As Buc fan I thought it was time to move beyond Dungy, but his and staff ability to recognize talent was exceptional. His offense was just to bland to get deep in the playoffs. Following the SB victory Gruden and the GM Allen departed from sound scouting and player development to quick fixes through free agency. His next and on going fraud is that he is a QB guru. He never drafted or developed a quality QB. The team went back to being the lowly Bucs and have never recovered. To be honest many of us could be a GM considering how many have failed so miserably for their teams over the years. Trust me when I say Gruden is an arrogant and conceded little fraud that believes he is all knowing and brings in inexperienced managers , Mike Mayock, to follow his lead.
I'm a dolphin but had ticket to the bucs back in 03. I wanted Gruden as phins coach. But don't think anyone can fix the yrs on mismanagement in Miami.

Advertisement
No worries. Antonio Brown will bring much needed stability and maturity to the organization.

Jokes aside, he's always been who he is but is anyone else finding Chuckie's douchieness to be exacerbated since he's come back to coaching? I used to be agnostic about his TV shtick but now I find him extra annoying.

The world has seen Mayock's complete board for years. He's shown every hand the draft deals. There won't be many surprises by these guys.

To keep some sort of honor among thieves, you gotta get everyone else out of the room if you're the Raiders. You need some surprise with those late R1 picks so they don't get sniped.

People overreacting to us sending scout away is ridiculous. Clearly they have been leaking the **** out of who we like. Last year EVERYONE knew we were going to take Kolton Miller. And this year the big rumor is we love EDGE LJ Collier in the 1st...PLUS most if not all of these scouts are getting replaced after the draft anyways. Why would we keep them around our big board if they think they are getting fired and have already shown they leak everything?

I'm a die hard Raider fan and Grudens the type of coach we need.

I've been saying coaches have ego's. They want to win with their players. Larry Coker doesn't get full credit for 2001 NC people say those were Butch players. Same reason that if this QB race is close Manny and Enos are going to go with the guy THEY recruited, Tate Martell.

Your players huh?

Let me see....so let me get this correct....throughout your career you've NEVER displayed ANY talent for selecting players and in your 1st year back after almost a decade away from football.....you suddenly have the impulse do a magic trick and trade two still rising stars...one of them who's generally recognized as the BEST defensive player in the NFL maybe even a GOAT player....for "your" guy!!

Talk about delusions of grandeur. Who thinks like that!! ....Other than an idiot.

Using your example it would be like Larry Coker running off Butch's players because he wants his guys ....only someone who absolutely cannot judge talent or an idiot does that

Those two trades made championship contenders of both the Bears and Cowboys both of whom were substantially enhanced by the presence of those two excellent players.

Despite his delusions ....Gruden is NOT a Jimmy Johnson trading Herschel Walker. He doesn't have a ounce of the player evaluation skills nor the coaching smarts.

Jimmy made that trade successful because he knows how to find talent, more picks for him were more opportunities for him to find stars like he's always done.

Gruden has only found excellent talent on his own in his dreams.....

Well time will certainly tell...it's kinda hard to Fawk up with the 4th pick and several others in the 1st round.

But when you consider that he gave up a GOAT type player and a fast rising all star ....these guys he selects had better walk on water.

Otherwise its the same old Gruden...a well painted facade ....with no real substance

Last edited:
Advertisement
Your players huh?

Let me see....so let me get this correct....throughout your career you've NEVER displayed ANY talent for selecting players and in your 1st year back after almost a decade away from football.....you suddenly have the impulse do a magic trick and trade two still rising stars...one of them who's generally recognized as the BEST defensive player in the NFL maybe even a GOAT player....for "your" guy!!

View attachment 83765

Talk about delusions of grandeur. Who thinks like that!! ....Other than an idiot

Those two trades made championship contenders of both the Bears and Cowboys both of whom were substantially enhanced by the presence of those two excellent players.

Despite his delusions ....Gruden is NOT a Jimmy Johnson trading Herschel Walker. He doesn't have a ounce of the player evaluation skills nor the coaching smarts.

Jimmy made that successful because he knows how to find talent, more picks for him were more opportunities for him to find stars like he's always done.

Gruden has only found excellent talent on his own in his dreams.....

Well time will certainly tell...it's kinda hard to Fawk up with the 4th pick and several others in the 1st round.

But when you consider that he gave up a GOAT type player and a fast rising all star ....these guys he selects had better walk on water.

Otherwise its the same old Gruden...a well painted facade ....with no real substance

Give me the TL;DR. I'm not reading all of that.

I've been saying coaches have ego's. They want to win with their players. Larry Coker doesn't get full credit for 2001 NC people say those were Butch players. Same reason that if this QB race is close Manny and Enos are going to go with the guy THEY recruited, Tate Martell.

This is by far the dumbest **** I've read. Coaches want to win. Period.

YES they will blow it

Also you're welcome. :D Anything to help those that cannot help themselves.

Sucks ...Hmmm not really.....Luckily for me, I don't determine my self image or worth by how well a professional football team that I selected as a child because I liked the colors does ....Because unlike Miami which I attended ....I have no actual ties to them other than habit.

BTW Since you're trying to bust my balls, I've moved 15 years ago to the Philly area, so while the Raiders will always be my 1st love ......since I live here now, I've become a season ticket holding Eagles fan.

So If you wish, to help you know or remember how good it feels, I can send you some pics of how I and the rest of the city actually celebrated when the Eagles won their recent Super Bowl......Just doing it because I know your Boys haven't even come into close range of winning it in a looooong while ....Bless your hearts...

Have a good one and let's talk again when the season starts......And also remember GRUDEN SUCKS

Glad I rustled your jimmies enough to waste time out of your obviously miserable and ****** life to write all that crap..

Advertisement
People overreacting to us sending scout away is ridiculous. Clearly they have been leaking the **** out of who we like. Last year EVERYONE knew we were going to take Kolton Miller. And this year the big rumor is we love EDGE LJ Collier in the 1st...PLUS most if not all of these scouts are getting replaced after the draft anyways. Why would we keep them around our big board if they think they are getting fired and have already shown they leak everything?

LJ Collier in R1, even late, gonna be a mistake, brother. Sorry in advance.

Might make matters worse, but Montez Sweat might slide due to a medical concern right past your boys. Taking unathletic edge like LJ Collier over Sweat with half a heart or even Chase Winovich gonna make decision makers regret life at some point.

Gruden traded Mack and Cooper away so he could get draft capital. It wasn't so Gruden could win with his own players. It was because the Raiders weren't bad enough and were stuck in mediocrity. He hit the rest button on the franchise so they could start over. It's similar with the Dolphins (although we're still not going to make the right decisions).

Watching, eating popcorn, drinking a soda...........

Advertisement
Back