Nyjalik Kelly, DE Dillard '22

Advertisement
Dillard always seems to have intriguing d-lineman every few years
They went on a run when they were "down" but then they still had like a 5 year run with div 1 lineman. The Jon Ford years...even the Braylon Ingraham kid at BAMA was at Dillard..he just went to sta his last year. For whatever reason they produce those DLineman its going on decades of it since i was in high school in the early 2000s.

This is a kid i want in this class...i love his frame and he still has untpaped potential. Cant let him go to FSU. Lyons, Kelly, Stewart and we COOKING!

Advertisement
They went on a run when they were "down" but then they still had like a 5 year run with div 1 lineman. The Jon Ford years...even the Braylon Ingraham kid at BAMA was at Dillard..he just went to sta his last year. For whatever reason they produce those DLineman its going on decades of it since i was in high school in the early 2000s.

This is a kid i want in this class...i love his frame and he still has untpaped potential. Cant let him go to FSU. Lyons, Kelly, Stewart and we COOKING!
It's always some big mutha****as zoned to Dillard...

Does not have a Miami offer yet but is someone to monitor. I know @gogeta4 is a fan as well. This guy plays hard and has natural pass rush traits. FSU commit for now.

I'm really confused. Here you say he does NOT have an offer but in Feb 2020 he got an offer. Am I missing something here?

Advertisement
i was just speaking on my high school days but it looks like that sh*t goes back to the early 90s at a minimum. They eating good in the hood over there
You're right tho bruh. I'm in the same age range as you('01 grad) so I know what you're talking about. They had a cat named Matthias Askew when I was in school. 6'7", 280 with some of the longest arms I've ever seen. I remember they had a dude named Tron LaFavor that hooped too back when my cousin Tootie was a basketball star there back in '98. Buddy wound up playing DE for the turds...

You're right tho bruh. I'm in the same age range as you('01 grad) so I know what you're talking about. They had a cat named Matthias Askew when I was in school. 6'7", 280 with some of the longest arms I've ever seen. I remember they had a dude named Tron LaFavor that hooped too back when my cousin Tootie was a basketball star there back in '98. Buddy wound up playing DE for the turds...
Is your cousin Clarence Gilbert that played at Missouri with Keyon Dooling?

Advertisement

Problem is we haven't assembled a staff or won enough big games to be able to cherry pick SOFL talent. Baga can though.

DE is a loaded position, no way for us to get everyone. As long as we get 3-4 good ones we'll be happy.
this mindset i can’t agree with. started back under coker.

there are at most 3-4 DE prospects in all of so fla who will be high nfl picks in a few years. probably fewer. we don’t need 3-4 good ones, whatever that means. we need the right 3-4. properly evaluated. kids who will go on to make an impact.

Advertisement
this mindset i can’t agree with. started back under coker.

there are at most 3-4 DE prospects in all of so fla who will be high nfl picks in a few years. probably fewer. we don’t need 3-4 good ones, whatever that means. we need the right 3-4. properly evaluated. kids who will go on to make an impact.

Who are those 4 according to you?

Who are those 4 according to you?
i’m not the person to answer that. sometimes i have a view, usually after immersing in recruiting for a while. we’re a year out from nsd and i haven’t been close to next years kids. some folks on this site have first hand knowledge and you ask them.

but the point is, that’s what evals are about and we need a staff who can do it well, or they’ll fail like the past 4 staffs have.

Is your cousin Clarence Gilbert that played at Missouri with Keyon Dooling?
Yup. We're only 4 years apart but he's actually my dad's first cousin. The baby of one my granny's little sisters. First time I remember meeting him, I was 8 and he was 12. We had a mini family reunion at my grandparents' crib with everyone from Dade and Broward. I watched my dad, uncles and some of my cousins take him to Arcola Park and take the money of everybody who thought they could outshoot him. Cuz was so good, people used to say I was lying when I'd tell them we're kin...

Yup. We're only 4 years apart but he's actually my dad's first cousin. The baby of one my granny's little sisters. First time I remember meeting him, I was 8 and he was 12. We had a mini family reunion at my grandparents' crib with everyone from Dade and Broward. I watched my dad, uncles and some of my cousins take him to Arcola Park and take the money of everybody who thought they could outshoot him. Cuz was so good, people used to say I was lying when I'd tell them we're kin...
Tootie and Keyon were that DEAL at Dillard and Mizzou. Loved watching them as a kid. I'm from Hollywood, but my mom's side is a Dillard family so that's def in my wheelhouse too. And Keyon's dad and one of my uncles went way back. Small world.

Advertisement
Back