Nyjalik Kelly, DE Dillard '22

Tootie and Keyon were that DEAL at Dillard and Mizzou. Loved watching them as a kid. I'm from Hollywood, but my mom's side is a Dillard family so that's def in my wheelhouse too. And Keyon's dad and one of my uncles went way back. Small world.
Yeah bruh it sure is. They were considered as the best backcourt tandem in the country for the class of '98. Cuz was ahead of his time. A lot of guys who play like him now are enjoying NBA careers. But yeah, to reel it back in, Kelly is a cat that doesn't take a backseat to anyone down here. '22 is filled with names that you could insert their name in the previous statement and it would still hold true. So that's saying a whole lot...

Last edited:
Advertisement
this mindset i can’t agree with. started back under coker.

there are at most 3-4 DE prospects in all of so fla who will be high nfl picks in a few years. probably fewer. we don’t need 3-4 good ones, whatever that means. we need the right 3-4. properly evaluated. kids who will go on to make an impact.
You saying the same thing as him c’mon now

You saying the same thing as him c’mon now
Nah, im not. The comment that we just need a few good kids has been around since we’ve stunk. We need more than that, and in this era if we have to beat SEC schools for kids, so be it.

You're right tho bruh. I'm in the same age range as you('01 grad) so I know what you're talking about. They had a cat named Matthias Askew when I was in school. 6'7", 280 with some of the longest arms I've ever seen. I remember they had a dude named Tron LaFavor that hooped too back when my cousin Tootie was a basketball star there back in '98. Buddy wound up playing DE for the turds...

Pat Sims and Charles Deas too
Stanley Mcglover (Auburn) he is actually Brian Burns (nfl carolina panthers fsu) elder brother so safe top say that kid was supposed to be at Dillard to.

Advertisement
Nah, im not. The comment that we just need a few good kids has been around since we’ve stunk. We need more than that, and in this era if we have to beat SEC schools for kids, so be it.

DE is a loade position next season. You even admitted that you don't know who are the good ones and right ones.
So basically if we get Stewart, Aybar or this kid we won't know anything until they play.
So instead of complaining about who we don't get, be happy with who we do get and hope they are the ones and get developed.

DE is a loade position next season. You even admitted that you don't know who are the good ones and right ones.
So basically if we get Stewart, Aybar or this kid we won't know anything until they play.
So instead of complaining about who we don't get, be happy with who we do get and hope they are the ones and get developed.
Your logic makes no sense. I’m not looking for happiness advice. The question is whether we’re getting the right kids. Just because I as a casual don’t yet know who they are doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter who they are or it’s not knowable. That’s why we have coaches who do work.

Committed to FSU

1611099060441.png

Advertisement
Stanley Mcglover (Auburn) he is actually Brian Burns (nfl carolina panthers fsu) elder brother so safe top say that kid was supposed to be at Dillard to.

takes me back to recruiting in early 90s when I first started following it with the Dillard 5. Dudes were the truth

Your logic makes no sense. I’m not looking for happiness advice. The question is whether we’re getting the right kids. Just because I as a casual don’t yet know who they are doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter who they are or it’s not knowable. That’s why we have coaches who do work.
Your logic makes less sense. Since none of us are coaches why have a recruiting board to discuss potential players.
With your logic we don't know if Taylor, Williams or any other 2021 recruit is the right one until they play.
My point was that according to sites like this one and others, plust knowledgeable posters here, 2022 is deep with DE talent.
We will end up with three talented ones according to the rankings.
Now if they perform, get developed or are the right ones like you said that's for the future to determine.

Your logic makes less sense. Since none of us are coaches why have a recruiting board to discuss potential players.
With your logic we don't know if Taylor, Williams or any other 2021 recruit is the right one until they play.
My point was that according to sites like this one and others, plust knowledgeable posters here, 2022 is deep with DE talent.
We will end up with three talented ones according to the rankings.
Now if they perform, get developed or are the right ones like you said that's for the future to determine.
We can just disagree. You’re basically using a lot of words to say you don’t know and because you don’t know, if someone else tells you something comforting (rankings or whatever), then you’ll be happy until it all fails.

Do whatever makes you happy. But if you don’t understand why others here discuss whether we’re getting the right kids, then I don’t understand why you’re here at all.

Advertisement
Yeah bruh it sure is. They were considered as the best backcourt tandem in the country for the class of '98. Cuz was ahead of his time. A lot of guys who play like him now are enjoying NBA careers. But yeah, to reel it back in, Kelly is a cat that doesn't take a backseat to anyone down here. '22 is filled with names that you could insert their name in the previous statement and it would still hold true. So that's saying a whole lot...
Yeah that backcourt was good but they didn’t have any help. Miami High destroyed them

We can just disagree. You’re basically using a lot of words to say you don’t know and because you don’t know, if someone else tells you something comforting (rankings or whatever), then you’ll be happy until it all fails.

Do whatever makes you happy. But if you don’t understand why others here discuss whether we’re getting the right kids, then I don’t understand why you’re here at all.
You don't know either so wtf are you complaining about.

You don't know either so wtf are you complaining about.
I haven’t complained at all. You chose to jump on a comment I made and tried to tell me not to care who we sign. I responded, telling you I thought your arguments made no sense to me. You are free to think whatever you want about our recruiting, and I and others are free to ask questions as we tend to.

Advertisement
I haven’t complained at all. You chose to jump on a comment I made and tried to tell me not to care who we sign. I responded, telling you I thought your arguments made no sense to me. You are free to think whatever you want about our recruiting, and I and others are free to ask questions as we tend to.

Are you a politician? You seem to have a fuzzy memory to make your arguments.
You were the on that replied to me first, just because I posted that DE is a deep position and that we'd end up with 3-4 good ones.
You came with the thats a bad mentality to have rhetoric. That we should get the right ones. But can't even tell me which ones are the right ones.
So you are the one arguing just for the sake of arguing.
You seem like someone that will complain no matter who we get.

Advertisement
Back