Nyjalik Kelly, DE Dillard '22

We? That's the coaches job all we do here is discuss, write opinions, assumptions and thats it.
How many players from the 21 class, which everyone is happy with, been scouted and evaluated by anyone here.
I'm a fan not a scout nor a coach.
Why do you appear to be bothered by other people discussing these things? You can be a fan your way. Doesn't mean others shouldn't.

There are plenty of people on this and other boards who have unique knowledge and/or track records of being right on recruiting topics over time.

Advertisement
I'll repeat it again DE is deep and we'll end up with three good ones.
You all can keep crying and complaining all you want.
You've already said you have no idea which ones to get, and you'll be happy with any 3 from some list someone else created.

Most people here aren't crying or complaining. If it looks that way to you, you may not understand what goes on on this board.

Most people here are interested in learning about or discussing which kids we should be focused on, and what the different pros and cons are on kids. History shows plenty of instances on these boards where these discussions were well ahead of where the staff's knowledge was, despite your view that the staff knows everything. Plenty of times board posters knew which kids were trolling, or not interested or not coming or taking bags or whatever, and our staff was deluding itself or wasting time. Plenty of times where board posters knew which kids were better than our staff grasped (and were right), or which kids were not worth offers despite our staff thinking otherwise (and the staff was wrong).

If you don't know and don't have a view, maybe just read and don't let it bother you that people are discussing this all.

And despite your conviction that DE will all go great, our history shows plenty of times where we took the wrong kids from some list, often highly rated ones at that, and we'd have been better off with different kids, even lower rated ones.

The one thing we know is that evaluations matter, and it will matter which kids we take from any list of ten, whether you understand that or not.

You've already said you have no idea which ones to get, and you'll be happy with any 3 from some list someone else created.

Most people here aren't crying or complaining. If it looks that way to you, you may not understand what goes on on this board.

Most people here are interested in learning about or discussing which kids we should be focused on, and what the different pros and cons are on kids. History shows plenty of instances on these boards where these discussions were well ahead of where the staff's knowledge was, despite your view that the staff knows everything. Plenty of times board posters knew which kids were trolling, or not interested or not coming or taking bags or whatever, and our staff was deluding itself or wasting time. Plenty of times where board posters knew which kids were better than our staff grasped (and were right), or which kids were not worth offers despite our staff thinking otherwise (and the staff was wrong).

If you don't know and don't have a view, maybe just read and don't let it bother you that people are discussing this all.

And despite your conviction that DE will all go great, our history shows plenty of times where we took the wrong kids from some list, often highly rated ones at that, and we'd have been better off with different kids, even lower rated ones.

The one thing we know is that evaluations matter, and it will matter which kids we take from any list of ten, whether you understand that or not.

I get it you are a mope and love to complain. And stop writing such long posts no one is reading them.

Since you love to criticize the staff so much, tell me did we get the right kids in the 2021 class?

Getting Marvin Jones would be like FSU pulling a Blades kid. That kid has had like 4 relatives play at fsu, with one recently.
Jones and Stewart have been on the radar since they were 9th graders actually. Those arent hard evals.

You gotta be sh*tty to not line a good dl class this go around. especially having 2 already committed.
I seen Simpson work since i was 5ft away at the camp where Blissett was offered, was also there when Elijah Roberts was offered. Simpson will land guys for sure. He has the nfl pedigree to hang his hat on..thats big in recruiting and to south florid akids with that as there main goals.

Kelly, Stewart, Lyons. Lets go
That's what im sayin.We have been late to some easy evaluations in the past. Want to keep being out in front of those. Landing Stewart would cement the improvement of our defensive ends position from AQM/Chad Thomas to Rousseau/Phillips to hopefully Harvey/Stewart/Ishmael. To have sustained success, Miami has to establish itself at certain positions. DEs and TEs are the best two we got right now.

We'll get a good dline class without a question. But we gotta get the right ones - if we get the 3 you mentioned we're cooking. You said your boy was Kelly's dline coach and he was a fsu fan - still think UM can pull him with a push? Does Kelly have a decision maker in his corner that loves FSU?

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect year for two first round DE’s and major bag drop scandals.

Advertisement
I get it you are a mope and love to complain. And stop writing such long posts no one is reading them.

Since you love to criticize the staff so much, tell me did we get the right kids in the 2021 class?
You sound like everything that has been wrong with this program for 20 years. Discussing recuiting isn’t moping or complaining. No idea how you can conclude otherwise.

As for ‘21, you’re free to conclude what you want, read what you want. Discuss with whoever you want. But you’ve flailed around telling everyone how it doesnt matter which kids we get and you hate these discussions, so spare me the fake inquiry.

You sound like everything that has been wrong with this program for 20 years. Discussing recuiting isn’t moping or complaining. No idea how you can conclude otherwise.

As for ‘21, you’re free to conclude what you want, read what you want. Discuss with whoever you want. But you’ve flailed around telling everyone how it doesnt matter which kids we get and you hate these discussions, so spare me the fake inquiry.

I don't hate discussions, I hate people like you that are too dumb to understand how wrong you are and how much you been contradicting yourself.
Once again, where did I say it doesn’t matter who we get.
You keep repeating the same shiitt, we need to get the right kids, but can't even name me one name of who are these right kids you talk about.
In other words you aren't discussing anything, all you doing is criticizing. And leaving yourself an opening to keep criticizing.
Can't even comment on the 21 class because you hate giving the staff any credit so you rather ignore the question.
If you really want to have a discussion why don't you answer.
Is getting three of Stewart, Aybar, Nolton, Jones jr, Jackson, Anderson, Thomas. Good for miami are any of those players right for miami?
Is Jamal Johnson who is committed at DE a right kid for miami ?
Repeating we need the right kids over and over is not having a discussion.
If you feel DE is not as deep as everyone thinks then just say that.
WTF does we need the right kids but I don't know who they are means.

That's what im sayin.We have been late to some easy evaluations in the past. Want to keep being out in front of those. Landing Stewart would cement the improvement of our defensive ends position from AQM/Chad Thomas to Rousseau/Phillips to hopefully Harvey/Stewart/Ishmael. To have sustained success, Miami has to establish itself at certain positions. DEs and TEs are the best two we got right now.

We'll get a good dline class without a question. But we gotta get the right ones - if we get the 3 you mentioned we're cooking. You said your boy was Kelly's dline coach and he was a fsu fan - still think UM can pull him with a push? Does Kelly have a decision maker in his corner that loves FSU?
He's gonna be a tough flip. Kid committed to them with all that garbage and generally liked them from the jump. Mom went to FAMU. If they sh*t the bed again this year and maybe we prioritize him. I'll guess flip percentage is under 50% right now.

I don't hate discussions, I hate people like you that are too dumb to understand how wrong you are and how much you been contradicting yourself.
Once again, where did I say it doesn’t matter who we get.
You keep repeating the same shiitt, we need to get the right kids, but can't even name me one name of who are these right kids you talk about.
In other words you aren't discussing anything, all you doing is criticizing. And leaving yourself an opening to keep criticizing.
Can't even comment on the 21 class because you hate giving the staff any credit so you rather ignore the question.
If you really want to have a discussion why don't you answer.
Is getting three of Stewart, Aybar, Nolton, Jones jr, Jackson, Anderson, Thomas. Good for miami are any of those players right for miami?
Is Jamal Johnson who is committed at DE a right kid for miami ?
Repeating we need the right kids over and over is not having a discussion.
If you feel DE is not as deep as everyone thinks then just say that.
WTF does we need the right kids but I don't know who they are means.
I said there around 10 DEs to choose from and any three from there will be good.

Advertisement
We're comparing a kid setting the edge in High School versus 2 dudes about to be drafted in the first 3 rounds lol

Yes. Phillips and Roche got lazy vs UNC. I'm not saying the kid is NFL round 3 material just pointing out that he sets the edge well for a 16yo kid. Grain of salt.

Advertisement
I won't rank them until at least after the camps.

But just based on what I saw last year, Marvin Jones is the best of the bunch. He is special and just scratching the surface.
Are we in good standing with Jones?

Can you explain why, especially with respect to the other sofla kids (Kenyatta, Anderson, Nolton, et al)?

Is Jamal a DE at the next level? From where I stand, seems like we are running behind on a lot of these kids. FSU pushing to land 3 of them (Kelly, Jones, Thomas). I would love one of the AH kids but not liking our chances. My fear is that we'll strike out on virtually all of these top sofla DEs.
Kelly is better than the 3 you named.

I dont have fear we miss out on the s.fla de's. I mean being in the mix with STewart alone is a big deal. We have OPTIONS! We are going to turn down talent at de this go round

Advertisement
Kelly is better than the 3 you named.

I dont have fear we miss out on the s.fla de's. I mean being in the mix with STewart alone is a big deal. We have OPTIONS! We are going to turn down talent at de this go round

You think we have a shot at SS?

Advertisement
Back