Nyjalik Kelly, DE Dillard '22

I don’t know about him but I know they had Udonis Haslem Antonio Lattimore and a 6’10 kid that was supposed to go the turds. That was the most dominant front court in saw in history. Plus Steve Blake coming off the bench
Exactly. Dillard had dudes in the frontcourt that were football players. P5, but football players. Miami High had a 3-time NBA Champ in theirs. Slybrin Robinson is the 6'10" kid(was supposed to go to Central for HS) and IIRC, Latimer played pro in Puerto Rico before coming to the States. Total mismatch in the paint...

Advertisement
Are you a politician? You seem to have a fuzzy memory to make your arguments.
You were the on that replied to me first, just because I posted that DE is a deep position and that we'd end up with 3-4 good ones.
You came with the thats a bad mentality to have rhetoric. That we should get the right ones. But can't even tell me which ones are the right ones.
So you are the one arguing just for the sake of arguing.
You seem like someone that will complain no matter who we get.
You sound bad at reading comprehension or personalize responses on this board too much. My comments were clear and stand for themselves. If you think just getting a few decently rated kids is good enough for this program, we can just disagree.

You sound bad at reading comprehension or personalize responses on this board too much. My comments were clear and stand for themselves. If you think just getting a few decently rated kids is good enough for this program, we can just disagree.

I'm wasting my time but I have lots of it so I'll continue to use it educating you. You just want to complain for no reason.
Do you agree that DE is a deep position next year, like many sites and knowledgeable posters have said?
Would you be happy with any three players from this list.
Stewart, Jones jr, Kenyatta Jackson, Dante Anderson, Nolton, Richard Thomas, Eugenio and Aybar from Connecticut?
I dont need to be a coach or a scout to say that any three players from that list would be a good haul.
You keep repeating that we need the right ones, but don't know who the *** are the so called right ones.
In my opinion you just want to leave the door open to keep complaining if whomever we get doesn't end up being great.

I'm wasting my time but I have lots of it so I'll continue to use it educating you. You just want to complain for no reason.
Do you agree that DE is a deep position next year, like many sites and knowledgeable posters have said?
Would you be happy with any three players from this list.
Stewart, Jones jr, Kenyatta Jackson, Dante Anderson, Nolton, Richard Thomas, Eugenio and Aybar from Connecticut?
I dont need to be a coach or a scout to say that any three players from that list would be a good haul.
You keep repeating that we need the right ones, but don't know who the *** are the so called right ones.
In my opinion you just want to leave the door open to keep complaining if whomever we get doesn't end up being great.
We don’t agree on what the program needs. If you’d be happy with any three players on a hype list created by others, then you’re too easily pleased and no doubt befuddled by our dosastrous past 18 years.

And if you think you don’t need to be a scout to say that any 3 guys on that would be a ‘good haul,’ you’re really dense. What basis do you have for being pleased with the list? Because you read about it somewhere? Your mindset is how coker crashed the program.

And the idea that my comments aren’t right because I’m not telling you who the right ones are is truly idiotic. You’re a guy who walks up to a three card monte table and claims it doesn’t matter which card you choose because all three have the potential to be red. I point out to you that you’re wrong - you actually have to pick the right card to win. You then disagree, saying if I don’t tell you the right card then any old card will do. You’re still probably scratching your head trying to figure out what you got wrong, but hopefully it’s dawning on you.

We don’t agree on what the program needs. If you’d be happy with any three players on a hype list created by others, then you’re too easily pleased and no doubt befuddled by our dosastrous past 18 years.

And if you think you don’t need to be a scout to say that any 3 guys on that would be a ‘good haul,’ you’re really dense. What basis do you have for being pleased with the list? Because you read about it somewhere? Your mindset is how coker crashed the program.

And the idea that my comments aren’t right because I’m not telling you who the right ones are is truly idiotic. You’re a guy who walks up to a three card monte table and claims it doesn’t matter which card you choose because all three have the potential to be red. I point out to you that you’re wrong - you actually have to pick the right card to win. You then disagree, saying if I don’t tell you the right card then any old card will do. You’re still probably scratching your head trying to figure out what you got wrong, but hopefully it’s dawning on you.
Blah blah blah, you really are dumb and can't comprehend simple things.
We can't agree on what the program needs? Wtf we need good players and wins. I never said get any player and be happy with it.
I said there around 10 DEs to choose from and any three from there will be good.
This is a ***ing recruiting board to talk about recruiting.
Is all about opinions, assumptions and educated guesses.
If you dont believe nor trust recruiting websites, other posters, you are not a scout nor a coach. Don't freaking know who we should recruit and get.
WTF are you doing on this board?
Wait until we either start winning again or keep losing and then come back and complain on why we didint get the right players.

Advertisement
On one side of the corner...an argument about DE evaluations. On the other side, family relations and south florida basketball history. Which one will win in derailing the thread?

We have very little data on both Simpson's recruiting and evaluation abilities. No clue how Georgia's version of their optimist system works, but it's easy to pick and choose a few good 13-14 year olds in a restricted area compared to a nation of tackles and ends. Luckily, talent will restrict Simpson to the tri-county area this year - only venturing outside of it for an elite prospect with high interest. Simpson has two recruits, as far as evaluation, with his stamp on them. Jalar Holley and Jason Blisset. Holley, a former player of Simpson's, has done and shown diddly squat. Opportunity is there for the taking with Blisset. JHH is a win, and guide for 'Canes' fans optimism, for Simpson's recruiting abilities. But not his evaluation talent.

"I just determined that it's best place for me," Blissett told InsideTheU over the phone. "Coach Simpson seems like a great guy to play for and a great type of role model. I also like how football is big there and how its a powerhouse, but at the same time it's a good spot for me academically. Miami is a great city as well so it seems just like a perfect fit."

"Coach Simpson said they see me primarily as a three-techinque, but he thinks there's a chance that I could maybe slide over into a five ... I really like Coach Simpson because he was in the NFL and knows a lot about the game. He's very technical and knows all the fundamentals about being a good defensive lineman at the next level."

That cycle we were interested in JJ Weaver, Braylen Ingraham, Lloyd Summerall, Kevin Harris, Adisa Isaac, Derrick Hunter, Quashon Fuller (can't remember this one too much) and Khris Bogle (varying levels of success for all players). Harvey and Cam Williams, both from that class, will likely log a lot of snaps this year.

Here is what we know. Simpson joined the Hurricanes in March of 2018

1. - Cam Williams (Jan 2018 commit)
  2. - Miami offered, received a commitment, and subsquently dropped Jason Munoz
  3. - Denzel Daxon was dropped
  4. - Blisset (Sept '18 commit)
  5. - Blisset and hs teammate Adam El Gammal (still on the team!) played a role in Harrison-Hunte's commitment/offer (offered 5 days after OSU OV and 9 days before a Bama offer). JHH had offers from Penn State and OSU from camps heading into his senior year
  6. - Harvey (June '18 commit) who had been offered prior to Simpson's arrival and showed up to Jr. Day in March as Simpson got started on the job. Manny Diaz visited Harvey in April 2017

Who, & what skills, traits, and build, Simpson targets will give a good indication of where our dline will be headed in the coming years. So far, we have little idea on his preferences, but Jason Blisset is a good starting point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that it'll ultimately matter much, but offering Marvin Jones Jr. (dad is a 10 year NFL pro alum from FSU) a month before FSU, 5 months before Bama, and 9 months UF and UGA offered are the small victories I like to see on the recruiting trail. We've been first before and we need to continue to be first. Whether they come or not. Would love to land him or Stewart a headliner. Asking for both feels greedy and likely to cause unnecessary pain. We also offered Stewart months and years before others. Whether Manny Diaz or Urban Meyer is our coach, we need to be sharp in our early evaluations and offers. Both Stewart and Jones Jr. look like future big time players to me. I love that they are multi-sport athletes

Recruit Little and Spells hard as **** and hope they commit before Jones Jr. Then hope they can bring him along for the ride with more FSU turmoil. FSU is not going to stay down forever.

“Locally, on the defensive side of the ball, it is going to be a dog fight to keep a lot of these players home because we have a lot of household names of players with how they are being ranked and how they performed this year,” Cooney said.

“My first year here was the 2020 class and now this 2021 class is in and I think the players here locally are seeing that we are no longer getting the low hanging fruit,” Cooney said. “We don’t want to miss on the big name guys and then we go get a guy that was our tier two or tier three guy. We are starting to get some of those top notch players that they see on Thursday or Friday nights that are doing spectacular things in those games.”

Simpson returns to the trail with more NFL players to name drop along with 3 DEs Miami Hurricane 2021 draftees. No excuses, despite how many SEC schools will want to poach our backyard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
We can't agree on what the program needs? Wtf we need good players and wins. I never said get any player and be happy with it.
I said there around 10 DEs to choose from and any three from there will be good.

If you dont believe nor trust recruiting websites, other posters, you are not a scout nor a coach. Don't freaking know who we should recruit and get.
Wait until we either start winning again or keep losing and then come back and complain on why we didint get the right players.
You may have some cognitive challenges to work through.

You said what you said, and I did just what you say the board is support to be about. I disagreed with you! Specifically, I said that the 'any three of them will be good' mentality was wrong, and part of the lazy recruiting mentality that has destroyed this place since Coker. It's just not true that any three will be good. Many of those guys will be meh. The job of the staff is to figure out which of them are most likely to be good, not because rankings or measurables, but because EVALUATIONS. That's the entire fricking point.

If you dont believe nor trust recruiting websites, other posters, you are not a scout nor a coach. Don't freaking know who we should recruit and get. WTF are you doing on this board?

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on a recruiting board. Something's really broken in your thought process. First you say it's a recruiting board to talk about recruiting (look, it's your own quote above). Then you melt down when someone mentions disagreeing with you and says what's quoted here. If you think the purpose of these boards is to high-five each other over fan website star rankings, then I can tell you that a lot of folks here, myself included, disagree. You're welcome not to engage in any discussion other than 'yeah, rah rah,' but not sure why you're here if that's what you want.

Anyhow, I don't 'believe nor trust' anyone regarding football. It's not a topic of Faith. I read, pay attention, and form my own opinions. Some folks I trust more, because they've demonstrated credibility. Websites I tend to discount pretty heavily, because they're not professional evaluation services at all. Our staffs have made some glaring mistakes over years, so I surely don't defer to them blindly. None of that means I don't get value from the board, and it's frankly weird that you struggle to understand why I'm here. I personally am fine getting different points of view. You, apparently not.

Sorry, you've lost it and melted down. I'm not here to do anything like you say. You say you want discussion then when you get discussion you tell the person to wait until the future to bother say anything. That's absurd. You're the one who's triggered, quite obviously.

I have no dog in this fight, but the bolded part struck me. The evaluation goal shouldn't be grabbing any 3/10 of those guys and being happy because they're all "good local prospects". Of course we need to have those guys evaluated and ranked. But we should not be taking rankings/lists as gospel, and we should be doing our due diligence to figure out whether there are other guys outside that list who we have any chance with that are better than the guys on that (or any) list.

If we are ever going to be dominant again, we need to first be able to intelligently, accurately, and (maybe most important) independently evaluate players. Then we need to get them here.

I have no dog in this fight, but the bolded part struck me. The evaluation goal shouldn't be grabbing any 3/10 of those guys and being happy because they're all "good local prospects". Of course we need to have those guys evaluated and ranked. But we should not be taking rankings/lists as gospel, and we should be doing our due diligence to figure out whether there are other guys outside that list who we have any chance with that are better than the guys on that (or any) list.

If we are ever going to be dominant again, we need to first be able to intelligently, accurately, and (maybe most important) independently evaluate players. Then we need to get them here.
We? That's the coaches job all we do here is discuss, write opinions, assumptions and thats it.
How many players from the 21 class, which everyone is happy with, been scouted and evaluated by anyone here.
I'm a fan not a scout nor a coach.

You may have some cognitive challenges to work through.

You said what you said, and I did just what you say the board is support to be about. I disagreed with you! Specifically, I said that the 'any three of them will be good' mentality was wrong, and part of the lazy recruiting mentality that has destroyed this place since Coker. It's just not true that any three will be good. Many of those guys will be meh. The job of the staff is to figure out which of them are most likely to be good, not because rankings or measurables, but because EVALUATIONS. That's the entire fricking point.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on a recruiting board. Something's really broken in your thought process. First you say it's a recruiting board to talk about recruiting (look, it's your own quote above). Then you melt down when someone mentions disagreeing with you and says what's quoted here. If you think the purpose of these boards is to high-five each other over fan website star rankings, then I can tell you that a lot of folks here, myself included, disagree. You're welcome not to engage in any discussion other than 'yeah, rah rah,' but not sure why you're here if that's what you want.

Anyhow, I don't 'believe nor trust' anyone regarding football. It's not a topic of Faith. I read, pay attention, and form my own opinions. Some folks I trust more, because they've demonstrated credibility. Websites I tend to discount pretty heavily, because they're not professional evaluation services at all. Our staffs have made some glaring mistakes over years, so I surely don't defer to them blindly. None of that means I don't get value from the board, and it's frankly weird that you struggle to understand why I'm here. I personally am fine getting different points of view. You, apparently not.

Sorry, you've lost it and melted down. I'm not here to do anything like you say. You say you want discussion then when you get discussion you tell the person to wait until the future to bother say anything. That's absurd. You're the one who's triggered, quite obviously.
I'm done with you, clearly you have issues deeper than can be discussed here.

Advertisement
We? That's the coaches job all we do here is discuss, write opinions, assumptions and thats it.
How many players from the 21 class, which everyone is happy with, been scouted and evaluated by anyone here.
I'm a fan not a scout nor a coach.
Too cute by half.
We = UM.
Nobody on this message board gets paid for their opinions.
I suspect you know this.

He looks like one big kid already. SDE with the option to move to 3-tech. He sets the edge better than Roche and Phillips most plays.

Advertisement
I'll repeat it again DE is deep and we'll end up with three good ones.
You all can keep crying and complaining all you want.

Not that it'll ultimately matter much, but offering Marvin Jones Jr. (dad is a 10 year NFL pro alum from FSU) a month before FSU, 5 months before Bama, and 9 months UF and UGA offered are the small victories I like to see on the recruiting trail. We've been first before and we need to continue to be first. Whether they come or not. Would love to land him or Stewart a headliner. Asking for both feels greedy and likely to cause unnecessary pain. We also offered Stewart months and years before others. Whether Manny Diaz or Urban Meyer is our coach, we need to be sharp in our early evaluations and offers. Both Stewart and Jones Jr. look like future big time players to me. I love that they are multi-sport athletes

Recruit Little and Spells hard as **** and hope they commit before Jones Jr. Then hope they can bring him along for the ride with more FSU turmoil. FSU is not going to stay down forever.

Simpson returns to the trail with more NFL players to name drop along with 3 DEs Miami Hurricane 2021 draftees. No excuses, despite how many SEC schools will want to poach our backyard.
Getting Marvin Jones would be like FSU pulling a Blades kid. That kid has had like 4 relatives play at fsu, with one recently.
Jones and Stewart have been on the radar since they were 9th graders actually. Those arent hard evals.

You gotta be sh*tty to not line a good dl class this go around. especially having 2 already committed.
I seen Simpson work since i was 5ft away at the camp where Blissett was offered, was also there when Elijah Roberts was offered. Simpson will land guys for sure. He has the nfl pedigree to hang his hat on..thats big in recruiting and to south florid akids with that as there main goals.

Kelly, Stewart, Lyons. Lets go

Exactly what I've been saying.

Advertisement
Back