2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Deon and Mario are the same type of HC they believe in talent. Just like Kirby etc. Everyone said Kircy was a corch until he kept stacking and it started piecing together. It's what all elite HCs do. CEO the **** thing let it mold together than let coordinators enjoy the fruits of the HCs labor.
well kirby was an elite coordinator though whihc is the main diff between them. mario can get you a great OL. kirby can step in and call a D. but their philosophies are the same

Reactions: ben
Advertisement
I think Deon and Mario are the same type of HC they believe in talent. Just like Kirby etc. Everyone said Kircy was a corch until he kept stacking and it started piecing together. It's what all elite HCs do. CEO the **** thing let it mold together than let coordinators enjoy the fruits of the HCs labor.
To be fair people called Kirby a corch because they didn’t like him, they will call anyone else that threatens their respective program.

I agree with the sentiment that money talks.

I think they will probably do what Deions done the past couple years.

One top flight kid (Hunter, Cormani) maybe 2 tops. But Deion will not be putting together elite classes from top to bottom man I just don’t believe it at this point. We will see.
pulling a top 3 player in the country b2b is impressive no matter who the coach is. wed be LOVING it if we got that haul at DB the last 2 years. tbh, miami didnt put a complete class together this year. there are some big holes left in our class, although it still is a very good one.

in-home and visit to Oregon is gonna be hard to come out of for the good guys... Related to Deon and barstool, you think barstool is leveraging their sport media empire to sweeten the NIL deals... selling kids that they'll help build the kids brand and have XYZ sports media reach... ??

Advertisement
I think they will have a top ten class regardless of record. Play on the field doesn't matter these kids care about money that's it and rightfully so.
Probably a homer a take, but I don’t really see it. I could see him stealing a guy or two, but building a class that’s 25 guys deep that’s better than 2/3 of the SEC I don’t see it. Plus he doesn’t have a local talent base to tap into. We obviously opened the check book this season. We struggled in the areas that underperformed, namely WR. The only team I see that they could kick out of the top 10 is us. I think it’s very difficult to buy a top class without the benefit of a strong local base. He has to go national.

in-home and visit to Oregon is gonna be hard to come out of for the good guys... Related to Deon and barstool, you think barstool is leveraging their sport media empire to sweeten the NIL deals... selling kids that they'll help build the kids brand and have XYZ sports media reach... ??
hes oregon bound

Feels like you just described Mario Cristobal lol. He clearly understands what kids want to hear to get him to come play for him. I don’t think he’s necessarily a good coach, but if he can attract a higher level of talent than his competition, like he has shown he can do (signing the #1 recruit in America to an HBCU…), then I think he will stick around for a while and be incredibly annoying on the recruiting trail and maybe win 10 or 11 games every couple of years and maybe a conference championship here and there. But what I don’t understand is acting like he is a garbage pail that doesn’t understand how to recruit or coach and will be gone in three years like some posters on this board believe. I will bet a profound amount of money that that will not happen.

I agree Mario leaves some things to be desired. Especially this past season and the way he's handling his coaching hires. But he has won a Rose Bowl and recruited a **** ton more blue chipers than Deion. You must be blinded by Deion's pub hairs in your eyes to make that comparison.

Advertisement
I’m sure barstool is helping but it’s mostly Deion driving the recruiting bus. Seriously, replace all these posts about Deion, put in Mario’s name instead and you have a greatest hits of Gator Tears.

I agree Mario leaves some things to be desired. Especially this past season and the way he's handling his coaching hires. But he has won a Rose Bowl and recruited a **** ton more blue chipers than Deion. You must be blinded by Deion's pub hairs in your eyes to make that comparison.
Maybe I am giving too much credit to going 27-6 after a decade of winning less than 40% of their games. I'll give you that it is a very small sample size, not to mention he hasn't won big games. Who knows, he may suck, but it seems like kids are buying into his shtick and want to play for him. And at the end of the day, talent alone can get you to 9 or 10 wins in the Pac 12. We will see. I hope he crashes and burns, but I feel like the realist in me is seeing what is playing out and doesn't see that happening. Only time will tell.

I’m sure barstool is helping but it’s mostly Deion driving the recruiting bus. Seriously, replace all these posts about Deion, put in Mario’s name instead and you have a greatest hits of Gator Tears.

You guys just can't ******* keep your tongue out of Deion's *** every thread. I could care less about Deion take a guy here and there. Just don't want to keep hearing he's going to be an issue before he coaches a **** down at Colorado.

Advertisement
Maybe I am giving too much credit to going 27-6 after a decade of winning less than 40% of their games. I'll give you that it is a very small sample size, not to mention he hasn't won big games. Who knows, he may suck, but it seems like kids are buying into his shtick and want to play for him. And at the end of the day, talent alone can get you to 9 or 10 wins in the Pac 12. We will see. I hope he crashes and burns, but I feel like the realist in me is seeing what is playing out and doesn't see that happening. Only time will tell.

You do realize the talent advantage he had at Jackson St versus the other HBCU schools right? Let the guy coach a down of D1 football before you crown his *** is all I'm saying.

To be fair people called Kirby a corch because they didn’t like him, they will call anyone else that threatens their respective program.
Nah - Kirby was definitely thought of similarly to Richt for the first several years; that he had all of the resources but couldn't get them over the top. Perhaps 'corch' is too strong a term, but he was definitely not considered top tier. Here are just a couple of samples from some brief googling:

Year one and fans are already calling for him to be fired: https://www.11alive.com/article/spo...ators-already-calling-for-change/85-344239477

Mixed reviews after going 7-5 the first season: https: //bleacherreport.com/articles/2678477-kirby-smarts-1st-season-at-georgia-a-mix-of-frustration-and-cautious-optimism

"Kirby Smart’s disastrous end-of-game management" in year 3: https://theathletic.com/1289228/2019/10/13/decisions-that-defined-week-7-kirby-smart-alex-grinch/

Fans calling for Kirby's head in year 4: https://dawnofthedawg.com/2020/11/09/georgia-football-kirby-smart-under-fire/

Can you show me the impressive resume and how he did in his last game at JSU?

Asking for a friend.
Like I said to the other poster, I may be overvaluing a 27-6 record after a decade of winning less than 40% of their games. It's a small sample size, and he did not win when it counted. I'm not saying he's a great gameday coach, or even a good one. But I do believe he knows how to sell kids on his vision and get them to buy-in, and if he is able to surround himself with good coordinators, I think that talent advantage can get them to the point where they are competing for conference championships in a ****** conference.

Advertisement
Nah - Kirby was definitely thought of similarly to Richt for the first several years; that he had all of the resources but couldn't get them over the top. Perhaps 'corch' is too strong a term, but he was definitely not considered top tier. Here are just a couple of samples from some brief googling:

Year one and fans are already calling for him to be fired: https://www.11alive.com/article/spo...ators-already-calling-for-change/85-344239477

Mixed reviews after going 7-5 the first season: https: //bleacherreport.com/articles/2678477-kirby-smarts-1st-season-at-georgia-a-mix-of-frustration-and-cautious-optimism

"Kirby Smart’s disastrous end-of-game management" in year 3: https://theathletic.com/1289228/2019/10/13/decisions-that-defined-week-7-kirby-smart-alex-grinch/

Fans calling for Kirby's head in year 4: https://dawnofthedawg.com/2020/11/09/georgia-football-kirby-smart-under-fire/
It was a bunch of made up nonsense though… reality is that Kirby’s first year he went 8-5 and then after his lowest finish to a season was #7. Fans are crazy and the media loves to stir the pot. Corch Kirby is 81-15 in 7 seasons. If that is a corch, I don’t even know what an average or okay coach looks like?

You do realize the talent advantage he had at Jackson St versus the other HBCU schools right? Let the guy coach a down of D1 football before you crown his *** is all I'm saying.
Fair. I also don't think my original post was crowning him, just a commentary on the fact that every time something Deion related comes up on this board everyone seems to meltdown. I'm just saying let's not be complete homers and think he's going to automatically suck because he went to FSU and is corny as ****. He recruits at a very high level and if he can surround himself with good coordinators (Sean Lewis was a **** of a hire), I think that can translate into wins. Only time will tell.

I think they will have a top ten class regardless of record. Play on the field doesn't matter these kids care about money that's it and rightfully so.
No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back